Now soliciting ideas for Expo Icrontic 2012 sessions and workshops

2»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I would enjoy the end and the presentation would depend on what angle you are coming from. Pretty much the only part of my philosophy elective I didn't enjoy was the week or so we spent discussing the "how do I know you exist? I don't, so nothing exists outside my brain" stuff
  • I don't care to rehash the Philosophy 101 we took in college, I'd rather surprise you guys with something new and get your feedback. I'm more imagining this as a small room of thinkers having a keen discussion beyond the norm, I'll just trigger the foundation for the discussion by presenting my own unique perspective on existence and we then all ping off each other. Syn - Ack - Space Time Continuum.
    Well, sounds good to me. A little socratic "answer a previous question [typically last] and ask your own" may be in order
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Just to throw out some ideas, things I would be interested in that I know there are members that could put on 1/2 hour presentations:

Good Coffee
    Coffee would be good. We could take the same beans and prepare them with the vacuum maker, a french press, and drip and do a taste test comparison. I could bring my blade grinder and compare the results to Prime's burr grinder.

I'm also thinking about proposing a short hackathon for digitizing new ICHQ. Divide up tasks for interior/exterior, drafting and photography/texturing...

If there were enough people, we could do ICHQ I & II.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Just to throw out some ideas, things I would be interested in that I know there are members that could put on 1/2 hour presentations:

Good Coffee
    Coffee would be good. We could take the same beans and prepare them with the vacuum maker, a french press, and drip and do a taste test comparison. I could bring my blade grinder and compare the results to Prime's burr grinder.

I have an aeropress I could bring also.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I just hope I can come! :-/
  • THAT'S WHAT SHE SAI--- Oh. Right.
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAI--- Oh. Right.
    I lold.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    We should do that thing where we stand in the driveway chatting with everyone. One hand in pocket and the other holding our beverage of choice. Always a fun activity imo.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    It's gonna be 70 and sunny. You bet I'll be in that driveway banishing five consecutive months of < 45*F.
    If I'm around I could do an introductory course on film preservation...? We could light nitrate film on fire...? That is if I can find any.....
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    There's a driveway at EPIC?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    We should do that thing where we stand in the driveway chatting with everyone. One hand in pocket and the other holding our beverage of choice. Always a fun activity imo.
    Seconded.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    yea, Detroit...
    yea, Detroit...
    But we'll be at Tracey's....
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    As some of you already know, I am putting together a historical bike tour of Detroit during Epic. I wanted some feedback on the date. I would like to plan this for Saturday, June 24th, and the tour would probably start around 12pm and last two to three hours. I just wanted to know if there is anything else planned for this time slot, and get some input on what you guys would prefer, if you're interested.

I am meeting with the tour guide tomorrow. She is one of the best historians Detroit has to offer, and author of the book, "A Hidden History of Detroit." I am super excited about the route and points of interest we have planned, as well as some of the quirky extras that we may throw in there.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Saturday is the 23rd. If you plan it on Saturday, there will definitely be event overlap with some of the major high turnout events. If you plan it on Sunday the 24th, it will be the only official event scheduled on the 24th so far.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Also, is there a place to rent bicycles?
    Saturday is the 23rd. If you plan it on Saturday, there will definitely be event overlap with some of the major high turnout events. If you plan it on Sunday the 24th, it will be the only official event scheduled on the 24th so far.
    What about Friday? I think this will be a big event, so I don't want anyone to have to choose between the bike tour and something else that's rad. Sunday would be great, but I wouldn't want anyone to miss out who has to leave that day.
    Also, is there a place to rent bicycles?
    Yes, we will have something setup with the Wheelhouse, and we'll rent as many bikes as we need as a group.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Right now I have the Official Icrontic Calendar almost up to date, with the exception of two events I still need to find times for (tea service, beer tasting). If you want to run an event and don't see it on the calendar yet, PM me since I haven't tracked every idea in this thread. At this point there will be unavoidable overlap of events, so please let me know what your time preferences are and which events you have the least problem overlapping with.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    I suggest overlapping tea service with beer demo or prior to BF3 Wed night. I forget if Ryan had timing requirements for the tasting, but I suggest midnight on Friday. Not like anyone will be going to bed...
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Oh balls, we said we would do a Financial Questions Panel, didn't we? I should talk to The Company about that. I will on Monday. If you think there will be interest, we can definitely host it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Might slot the panel for 6pm Thurs. League gamers could pause & play thru dinner instead, and I hate to leave that much dead time for non-MTG folks.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It's on my calendar to talk to the necessary people about this on Monday. I believe I will start a thread so that specific questions can be addressed without people having to expose themselves.
  • I suggest overlapping tea service with beer demo or prior to BF3 Wed night. I forget if Ryan had timing requirements for the tasting, but I suggest midnight on Friday. Not like anyone will be going to bed...
    Oh cool, so this should be a pretty crazy BF3 night then, awesome.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Not really an event or session but I will be there and more than happy to talk to anyone about the Team Icrontic.com folding@home team. Also of course the clients and how to configure them to maximize effectiveness or usability.
    Not really an event or session but I will be there and more than happy to talk to anyone about the Team Icrontic.com folding@home team. Also of course the clients and how to configure them to maximize effectiveness or usability.
    +1
    I would attend the folding@home session.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I am planning on bringing one of my servers, to see how horribly it games, thus I will have the resources through VM VirtualBox to demonstrate linux CPU stuff. Between Tushon's and my hardware we should be able to cover most bases.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Pinging @ghoosdum for official event timeslot. K, what you think, 30 minutes?