If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Things that really annoy me.

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited Mar 2012 in The Icrontic Pub
I haven't made a good post on here for a while, so it's time for something everyone can contribute to.

But before I begin my initial list, I'll pre-empt the one thing half of you are sure to write. "People who still use IE6". HAHAHA yeah you got me. Zap.

Now then:

Here are some things that really annoy me.

1. Idiotic gas station employees who, when changing the gas price signs, put the 8's in upside down. The 8's ARE NOT symmetrical! There's a big side and a small side! Look at the hole in each side, you can see the difference. And gas station employees have at least a 50% FAIL rate at getting the 8's in the right way.

2. People who hang those fake plastic balls off the trailer hitch of their pickup truck. Sheer moronic level brain activity. These are the same ones who wear a baseball cap, drink, smoke, and listen to country music really loud while driving. Many of the things from #3 can also be found on their vehicles.

3. Any vehicle that is jacked up, slammed down to the ground, or has non-factory oversize rims installed. And of course, 40-something inch tires on it. Also, anything that is now chrome that did not leave the factory with chrome on it.

4. People driving in front of me who have a very literal interpretation of speed limit and stop signs. Speed limits are merely a suggestion, and stop signs DO NOT mean stop. They mean "slow down a reasonable amount, make sure no other cars or people are likely to hit you in the intersection, and proceed on your way".

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Great post.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    MAN I MISSED ME SOME :tim:

FIX SMILEY @LINCOLN
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Mountains Icrontian
    I occasionally listen to country music extremely loudly while driving, deal with it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands Icrontian
    For anybody dumb enough to come here for traffic advice, please ignore number 4.

Or everything. Your call.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Posting in epic thread.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    It's the little things in life.... that make Tim RAGE

:tim:

-Digi
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    #2 does make me want to weep for western society as well. Listen too, I'm from Dundalk Maryland originally. There is not anywhere else I know that embraces tacky as much as we do. Pink lawn flamingos and decorative ornaments made out of Natty Boh cans are considered art here, and to that, I still can't get past the level of tacky that are fake testicles hanging from a truck. I kind of wish I could kick them and transfer the pain to the owner.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Stop signs and yield signs - 75 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 3323
    (b) Duties at stop signs.--Except when directed to proceed
    by a police officer or appropriately attired persons authorized
    to direct, control or regulate traffic, every driver of a
    vehicle approaching a stop sign shall stop at a clearly marked
    stop line or, if no stop line is present, before entering a
    crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if no
    crosswalk is present, then at the point nearest the intersecting
    roadway where the driver has a clear view of approaching traffic
    on the intersecting roadway before entering. If, after stopping
    at a crosswalk or clearly marked stop line, a driver does not
    have a clear view of approaching traffic, the driver shall after
    yielding the right-of-way to any pedestrian in the crosswalk
    slowly pull forward from the stopped position to a point where
    the driver has a clear view of approaching traffic. The driver
    shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle in the intersection
    or approaching on another roadway so closely as to constitute a
    hazard during the time when the driver is moving across or
    within the intersection or junction of roadways and enter the
    intersection when it is safe to do so.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Title of Thread...Tim.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    I agree. Posts by Tim REALLY annoy me.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    People who eat all the dickclowns and don't share.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    Sweet Ulysses' ghost...
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    People that play League of Legends ranked solo queue.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I live in the same state as Tim. I'm now going to look for him and if I see him behind me, I'll be sure to come to a complete stop at every stop sign.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    Other than disagreeing with #4 I could care less about the rest of your post. Stop signs mean stop. Doesn't mean you need to stop for 10 minutes while you do your make-up. But it does mean stop. As someone who's house is very near a wicked intersection and my 5 year old daughter runs to the door every time she hears a tire screech to see the accident - stop signs mean stop.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Virginia...The Northern part Icrontian
    This is probably the most epic thread I've been in. I'm pretty sure there is a bloodline between Tim and I. I KNEW there was at least ONE other person that gets highly irritated at things others call ridiculous or not necessary. NICE! I've got a book worth of things to annoy me, lol!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    @Tim @JBoogaloo Ignorance is NOT bliss.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    This post rules.

1. I can kind of get behind this.

2. I agree with this 100%

3. Agreed in the less-than-tasteful arena. It's difficult to customize a car to make it look better. It's much easier to customize a car to make it look like an utter disaster.

4.1 - Agreed.
    4.2 - :tim:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    This is probably the most epic thread I've been in. I'm pretty sure there is a bloodline between Tim and I. I KNEW there was at least ONE other person that gets highly irritated at things others call ridiculous or not necessary. NICE! I've got a book worth of things to annoy me, lol!
    Oh the friends you make.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Virginia...The Northern part Icrontian

Oh the friends you make.
    Yourself included? :cheers:
    1. Who gives a flying fuck if they put the 8 on the sign upside-down? I'd prefer if they got rid of that stupid 9/10 of a penny and charge me 4.00, not 3.999.

2. The truck nuts are the most idiotic "invention," and I agree with this. On part B, I don't give a shit what music you're listening to, as long as I don't have to also.

3. Yeah, I guess. The thing that bothers me most about customizing are the people who put fake hood scoops and/or fake Escalade-style intake vents on the side of the car. I saw a guy in my old neighborhood put a hood scoop on top of a hood scoop. On his Toyota Celica.

4. No. Never. A stop sign is a stop sign. Fuck you if you roll through a stop sign. Fuck you a thousand times, fuck you.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    To all of you who feel strongly about #4, please do not ever come to California. We have the California Stop and it doesn't actually involve a stop much at all.

-Digi
    To all of you who feel strongly about #4, please do not ever come to California. We have the California Stop and it doesn't actually involve a stop much at all.

-Digi
    One of the few reasons I love the West coast. That, the girls and the weather :D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

-Digi

One of the few reasons I love the West coast. That, the girls and the weather :D
    you clearly aren't including all of the west coast in this comment.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

-Digi
    I roll stop-signs all the time in areas where I know it's safe to do so. I was :tim:ing about the sentiment that was voiced.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Kwitko reminded me of another thing I really hate. The 0.9 cents on gas prices. I understand it is a sales tactic to make you think you're getting a better deal, and yes, there are a lot of idiots in this world, but really now, have you ever gone across the street to get gas because one place was $4.00 and one was $3.99.9 ? NO! Because all gas stations do it!

Work it out. The difference between $4.00 gas and $3.99.9 gas is ONE PENNY PER 10 GALLONS! And if that is enough of a money savings to make a difference to you, you've got bigger problems!

If I ever won the Powerball, I'd seriously consider buying a gas station, making all my prices in even cents ( $3.60.00, $3.80.00, $4.00.00, etc), and really push that point in advertising and make big signs pointing out the difference. And a sign at every pump you could read while pumping gas, telling how I know people don't fall for that sales tactic and I will not use it. Plus, if I owned a gas station, I'd be able to get my gas for FREE!!! Other people would pay for it for me!

And the same thing applies to the prices of cars and houses. If I ever had a house for sale, I would advertise it at $170,000.00 (for example), NEVER at $169,900 or $169,999 or something like that. If the potential buyer has a problem with that, then they are too stupid to own the house.
  • JokkeJokke Nuvsvaag, Norway Icrontian
    Plus, if I owned a gas station, I'd be able to get my gas for FREE!!!
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay for the gas you sell. If anything, you'd make a profit. But it wouldn't be free. Just saying.

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    I don't mean the gas that is put in the underground tanks. I mean the gas I pump into my own cars. The profit from everyone else buying gas there would cover it.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    I've had friends get T-Boned and killed by folks who don't follow a damned stop sign, and thought the speed limit was "negotiable".

So yeah, I might feel a bit strongly about #4.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Watching the mere mortals in chaos from high atop Mt. Olympus Icrontian
    Must resist rant
    must resist rant
    resist or be forever banned
    don't let Tim get the best of your senses

OK, just the moderate version......

This is the stupidist fucking shit I have ever heard!!!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Mt_Goat to Tim:

• IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Except for you know #4 there's a reason it's called a STOP sign.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Watching the mere mortals in chaos from high atop Mt. Olympus Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    1. WTF difference does it make how the numbers are put up? That is what you get with low paid/teen hires. I don't even look at the damn things long enough to scrutinize them at all.

2. Who cares about someone that has no balls and needs to advertise by hanging plastic balls from the back of their truck. See, they don't even know what end of the body balls are supposed to be on since they generally hang them on the back. :rolleyes: And I'm not looking at anyones balls wheather theyre real or fake! I like baseball caps do my fair share of drinking but do agree that smoking is for loosers. As for country music, I like it a lot. It is generally genuine down to earth and speaks of good moral values not like some other stuff that every other line is "kill the fuck'n hoes" or "gonna cap me a cop". :shakehead:

3. What is wrong with jacked up 4X4's? They are as American as apple butter. I don't like lowriders though. I want to see Tim tell some redneck trucker that his semi has too much chrome. ....and anything about country music, except how great it is.

4. I can understand that in a lot of California a rolling stop is the norm. But I see Tim explaining to the cop why he was going 70 in a 50 zone;
    officer: do you know how fast you were going?

Tim: yes, but it's OK, those signs are just suggestions and by the way they really annoy me.

officer: what was that?

Tim: yea, those signs are just...

officer: wait a minute! They are the "legal limit of the spped" in the area.

Tim: But they really annoy me!

officer: step out of the car and put your hands....... LMFAO

If this doesn't speak of what country music and values are all about you can kiss my grits!!!

-Digi

you clearly aren't including all of the west coast in this comment.
    Obviously =P

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Montreal Member
    edited Mar 2012
    @Tim. My buddy Tim.

Look bro. It's not that I don't like you. I mean, I don't like you but that's not what this is about.

You see the thing is Tim, the problem is that you're sullying the good name of Tims everywhere. Just by breathing you're doing that, Tim. Can you see the problem here old friend? Can you see what I'm saying?

I wish there was another way, I really do. I love to see Tims get the help they need and become happy, healthy, contributing members of society again I really do. I think we know that's just not on the cards for you though brochacho. It's nothing personal, you must understand. Just business. Tim business actually. Business of Tims.

You've gotta go.
    It's alright.
    But if you've got to go, go now.
    Or else you gotta stay all night.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    Umm wow, so much to say.........

I plead the fifth on 1,2,3 and have to agree with the concensis on 4.

STOP you idiot!