Inaugural BF3: League of Manly Men

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Sorry - new game effect. I would have dropped down if you guys had enough for a couple squads to get the server started, though.
    The problem is that we need EVERYBODY there or else we don't reach critical mass on player numbers and random pubs don't join to fill out the server.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Yeah... I fired it up... no one was playing other than Nights so I jumped on with nights. Played for a while and no one else jumped on Vent or ICs server. I decided that it was a bust and spent some time with the family. Next week, join Vent and IC's server and try to get it going.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2012

Sorry - new game effect. I would have dropped down if you guys had enough for a couple squads to get the server started, though.
    The problem is that we need EVERYBODY there or else we don't reach critical mass on player numbers and random pubs don't join to fill out the server.
    Correct, we actually had 7 people capable/ready to roll at 7pm.

Q
    Pig
    Fuzzy
    Me

Cannon
    Laz
    Lynx

That being said, though, there are 30+ people in our battalion. We should be able to fill our own server up. We've seen how quickly only 6 people can fill it, though.

I'm not holding you guys accountable, though - I mean if you can't make it you can't make it. If there's other games you'd rather play that night that's fine too :) I have those same nights, so I completely understand. I'm flattered that you guys are so apologetic for missing a screwaround night in BF3, though, so I'm not complaining there, either :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I was attending a talk that I could have just read on her PPT and futzing around on the Dallas bus system (which fucking sucks).
    Damnit, this paid alpha I am in seems to only be on wed nights from 8-9 PST, craptacular.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'll be on tonight
    I'm also going to be on tonight.
    edited February 2012
    Anybody? Started 30 minutes ago, hello?

And we already gave up on our server, good job.
    Great turnout last night, guys! We had a full server for a few rounds - was a bit slow to start up but we had fun invading other servers as well.

Would pushing the start time back/forward help anyone at all? We still kinda have an even distribution of everyone across the US with IC-West guys reinforcing after dinner.
    So what's going on with this, everyone? We've had about 4 weeks in a row now where we're saved very late in the night by activity, or we have about 2-3 people playing. There's definitely BF3'rs online, but no real help in trying to populate our server.

Do I need to change the day? Do I need to change the time? Do we even want to continue with this or should I free up the day on the IC calendar for something else?
    I was there, even with an upset tummy

/firstworldproblems
  • For me it has come down to smaller desire to play BF3, bigger desire to play other things.

I see no reason to not leave the event on the calendar in case others see it and want to join in. Not like it is conflicting/hurting anything.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I know I'm not a player, but I have a suggestion: When you guys were posting those awesome BF3 moments videos, that was something that generated a lot of excitement in me, a non-player. If you keep that up, chances are people will want to get in on that action.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Blame my addiction to LoL, the resurgence of Minecraft, and calculus.
  • I guess everyone has individual reasons. Last night I just really didn't want to play pew-pew with my free time. I love it, but I had a heck of a week with work and a nasty throat cold so I just wanted something not intense and stressful. I opted to watch trashy TV with my wife and read books in the world of Skyrim. Hopefully next week I'm feeling better and I'm up for some pretend war. :)
    I love this game and I will try to grab some videos and stories and post them.
    You rat scum! Get your sorry excuse of an ass out there and fight. DID YOU HEAR ME, DID I NOT SAY IT SLOW ENOUGH FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, PRIVATE PILE? Tonight we die or live, I care not. But we WILL fight!
    Lets rock and roll tonight, finger should be healed enough to at least drive a tank or suicide jeep around. 7 PST?
    I will likely not make tonight's events. I have an event to attend after work that will likely keep me past the start time. I'd expect me on around 8pm at the earliest.
    Got a few good rounds in with Fuzzy and Tushon, I think the total score for my last two rounds was 71k (35k round followed by a 36k round). The last two rounds we also completely dominated the other team, with our squad always in the thick of the action.
    I was on for about an hour but I did not see anyone online... was Battlelog borked? I was on from 8:30pm until about 9:30pm Central. Anyway... I was dog tired, took an ambien and lost the following 10 hours. :D
    Most of us got going around 10P central. I had a conference call that I was supposed to be attending earlier (but google talk plugin was borked) so I spent some time troubleshooting that. We had a few good rounds
    Playing tonight ... get your guns ready
    Uggg, wanted to play tonight but was at work :-(

Normally off on Wed nights, just this week and next week I am working to cover someone out on medical leave.
    edited March 2012
    Okay, so I did some looking around in vent. The setup I would use is having two bindings setup, but you'll use the same hotkeys. Connect to IC server, create bind (call one US and you'll clone to RU), then had a hotkey for current channel, then had hotkey for "Channel and all subchannels", selecting the US overall channel. Clone this to RU then change the second hotkey to the RU overall channel. I would test this, but no one is online :P

Not automated squad switching or anything like that, but you need TeamSpeak with TeamSync on the server to do that.
    TONIGHT!

Come on guys, lets get this going tonight @ 7PM PDT/10PM EDT and roll through a server, crushing all those in our way.
  • TONIGHT!

Come on guys, lets get this going tonight @ 7PM PDT/10PM EDT and roll through a server, crushing all those in our way.
    Good deal guys, feel free to edit the server as you wish. The maps have changed since the last time round'.

The problem with our server is that the auto adjust makes it look small, so noone joins.
    I'm spending time with the Fam for my birthday. I WILL be on next week and more often in general specially with the patch being out.
    Jump on in...