Tribes: Ascend is the perfect FPS for gamers who want to go fast

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    This isn't the sequel Tribes fans need. It's the sequel they deserve.

GOTTA GO FAST!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    This looks amazing. Expo Icrontic?
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    [VGCG]
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    [VGTG]
    This absolutely should be an expo piece.
  • Good grief, I was absolutely addicted to tribes and tribes 2 years ago. I remember playing the mods and carefully and constantly watching the online rankings. At one point I was ranked 43 in the world. I was never addicted to any game more than Tribes.

I can't believe this is the first time I've heard of this. Thank you Icrontic; thank you tall ass cracker riding a scooter with a pony.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    Shazbot
  • Shazbot
    nice
  • CrazyJoeJoe Lloyd Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Starsiege: Tribes is the game that introduced me to my next door neighbor in the dorms in college. He in turn introduced me to his sister years later and a few years after that she became my wife. True Story!
  • BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    [VGTA]
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Downloading.

I've been looking for a new skill to learn... :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Nabbed "primesuspect". I'm in.
  • "gravite2090"
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    So. Extremely. Tempting.

Great review Bobby. Now I'm gonna go try and not download this cause I really can't afford another great game at the moment. Once the semester ends though ... oh boy.
    I KNEW Icrontic rolled deep with classic Tribes! So glad to see more interest, that's why I wanted to get this review up.

List of current players:

UPSLynx
    UPSKingpin
    Bandrik
    Thracks
    UPS27Hitman
    midga
    Canti58
    tiberiuslazarus
    gravite2090
    primesuspect

Add all of us. Kingpin, Bandrik, Thracks and I have been playing just about every night. If you guys wanna play, just ping one of us on Steam or something and we'll kick it up. Love this game to death.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    ICannonfodder
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I am the greatest!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    As much as I love going fast, I still haven't figured out how I Tribes.
    No.
    I am the greatest!
    As much as I love going fast, I still haven't figured out how I Tribes.
    You're too slow.

Really though, we figured out how to fix your vent problems. Lets talk and get you goin' fast.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I am the greatest!
    Shazbot!
  • haven't been able to get it to run on my rig :/ i gave up a while ago
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    I have seen alot of Totalbiscuit's videos of him playing the game. I will definitely give it a try over the weeken!
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I've been playing a bit, just not lately. Love the game.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    I loved Unreal Tournament 2K4.. I think it's related. Yes?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    A cousin. Gameplay is much faster and high scores come from being a team player vs. raw frags, the latter rarely exceeding mid-teens. Also, maps are huge vs. the arena format of UT.
  • I had a real love/hate relationship with Tribes 2. For a while it was my change of pace shooter, but I did find it frustrating that I struggled so mightily to come off the learning curve. I'd find myself getting sniped in open space allot. That said, I'd give a new Tribes game a go, it's still kinda fun to float around, even if I'm terrible.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    [VGTG]
    [VGN]
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Srsly this game.

I haven't had an FPS I felt like I could get this into since UT. Complete turnaround on pace (I played sniper/camper online [Gazebo got me into it, but {SUF} REPRESENT!], though offline I mostly played :OWO:TallyHo!), but I don't think I'd be interested if it wasn't. It's not that the pacing is fast so much as the movement has a whole new element to it. With the huge amounts of health you have time to react in most cases. It's like someone combined a good racer with a fps, took away the track, and it didn't turn out to be Twisted Metal. Or maybe it's more like SSX-meets-Quake. Or...well, just GO FAST.

[VGCG]