Tribes: Ascend is the perfect FPS for gamers who want to go fast

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I could give it a shot, then.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Oh man, this review makes me want to play so badly, but I'm not very good at going fast. Any other slowbies getting good at fast?
    I'm getting alright at going fast. I'm also getting okay at shooting people who are going fast. I think you'll get into it okay. I would recommend changing your rocketpack/jump to spacebar and your ski to either M2 or Shift. Before you even start playing. And then ignore the popups that say press Space to ski. Trust me on this.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    You can actually get a TON of points if you stick to base repair. Watching the generator, keeping turrets/sensors online, and upgrading the defenses scores huge bank, and it REALLY helps the team. Not enough players do it.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    I don't want to go fast.
    I don't know who you are. Get out of my house.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Are there roles on the team for non-fast players? because I don't want to go fast.
    [VVN] No.
    [VGTA] Aww, that's too bad!
    [VGTW] When will you learn?!
  • This game is so F'ing Awesome, it is ridiculous !
    It is the Best Multiplayer FPS I have played in a looong time.
    It is easy to Play but difficult to Master, but once achieved it gives you a rush that is incomparable !

Give the game a go, dont get discouraged if you Die a lot or can't Kill anybody on your first few runs. Keep at it for a while and I guarantee that you will never leave !

Shazbot !

(Never played a Tribes game before, was into UT and Quake).
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    Add me: Cr1s1s
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I like defense. I can stick by the base too.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I like defense. I can stick by the base too.
    It's what I've been doing mostly, but you can move so fast that making a quick pass around the map isn't really an issue. I found that the soldier was a really good balanced class to start with. You're light enough to learn to move, but you can survive and hit shit enough that you feel somewhat effective even when you're just skating around the map like a tourist.
    Wait... It's not on Steam? Nevermind then.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    :rolleyes:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Add "non-Steam game" shortcut, less whine about adding people to friend's list once (also beta, so they may have that integration later), ... profit
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Unfortunately the Steam UI and Tribes: Ascend don't get along.

I tried using it yesterday, not only was there this weird rainbow line at the bottom of my screen but on occasion the textures would get fecked up.

The only reason I'm drawing this conclusion is because this hasn't happened running the game outside of Steam
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Then make it be on Steam image
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Got it downloaded and setup last night. Played some practice and the few matches. There is indeed something of a learning curve for going fast some practice on roaming maps seems best practice next to an actual match. I am glad they have options for if you can't go fast or just don't feel like it at the time. Now ... soooo many names to add.
    Then make it be on Steam image
    I like your naming style Canti.

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    Anyone playing today?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Then make it be on Steam
    CB doesn't play Non-Steam games.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I played for a few rounds tonight. Game so harrrd
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Got my first capture assist XD

Thought I was going to die so I tossed it to Bandrik at the last second so as soon as it came up we managed to get the first (And only cap) for our team that game.

I even managed to survive long enough to GO FAST into the enemy base and grab the flag again with 100hp (My dream of my own cap was cut short when I got back to our own base when the flag was missing.)
    CB doesn't play Non-Steam games.
    Like Minecraft?

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    183 SANIC Flag grab ending in a cap on the snow map, get on my level.
  • UPSNateDogUPSNateDog Indiana Member
    UPSNateDog reporting in!
  • Fleas here.
  • Fleas here.
    Hmm... let's try this vid again...

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    HO MAN! Sickest play I've done and probably ever will, hands down. On the redish deserty map with the impossible to get into base I had managed to cap twice and had the flag, this last flag would win us the game. I also had enough to call in an orbital strike. Sitting on the upper level of our base (as the enemy had our flag and was headed back to his base) I looked out and thought to myself: "Can I hit their base from here?" So as the enemy flag carrier is getting back to their base I drop the strike completely cross map. BOOM! Enemy flag carrier down. Our flag has been returned. Drop down and cap the flag. Game over. We won.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    I am strotlog.

Pretty sweet game.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    iSkiFreely
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Nice work dude. People forget about the orbital strikes, they're frigging clutch.

Dis game so good.
    edited March 2012
    iSkiFreely
    You mean SkiFree?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Seen in Detroit this afternoon