Nintendo announces new Pokémon title, and it's not what you think

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• I'm not even sure what opinion to have.
    I guess I am happy for the different style of game play. The real question is now will this be a good change or not. I immediately thought FFTactics and I really don't know if I care for a Pokemon game like that. I guess only time will tell...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    If you move the horse near the warship docked in the harbor, you can catch Mew.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    I love the Fire Emblem series. Not quite sure if it's gonna work for Pokemon though.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Immediately lost my interest. I can't stand games like FFTactics.

The Pokemon franchise honestly lost my interest with some of the changes they brought to the XP system in Black and White anyway.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    IMO Black and White were the strongest games since Red and Blue.
    I thought Ruby and Sapphire were good
  • Pokemon 2: Total War: Rise of the Samurott?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    omg I LOVE Tactics and any SRPG in general. I crave new ones. If this turns out to be an SRPG, it will be my first Pokemon game ever.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    I saw the Liu Bei and said that this is going to be Dynasty Warriors: Pokemon.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Why can't they just focus on making a Pokemon Snap for the Wii U. Its about all that goofy controller is good for.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Some more information. This is a crossover with a loosely historical turn-based strategy series, Nobunaga's Ambition.

Personally I'm all for the branching out of a series. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and when you've been sticking to tradition for awhile even more so. Also to keep in mind are the potential changes in the Pokemon "tradition" that Black 2 and White 2 might bring. Those two are also being released this year in both America's/Europe and Japan (Fall and June respectively.)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I loved Pokemon Blue/Red. The next Pokemon game I bought was Pearl. It was awesome, but I couldn't believe how little the formula had changed in the decade of time between them. I was playing the same game, and hardly even the graphics had been improved. I haven't played Black/White, so I can't speak for those, but I'm anxious to try out some of dat new pokemans.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I've owned and beaten at least one game out of every gen of the Pokemon series. I also absolutely loved FFTA, I'd definitely be willing to try this one out.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I was too old for the target audience of Pokemon when it was first popular, and so never got into it, and it makes me a bit jealous sometimes to hear people talk about how they essentially grew up with this sweet, always new franchise. I have no idea what you guys are talking about right now.

On a semi-related note, one of my students today mentioned how she's loved Harry Potter ever since she was little, and it made me feel so old...
    I was right on the edge of being too old to play Pokemon. I caught flack for buying/playing/enjoying it when Blue version came out (I actually got it a year after release). I've always been a little jealous myself, because it wasn't until I was older that I found communities of adults that enjoyed the games as well. I missed out on all the awesome trading and multiplayer battling because everyone else was "too cool" to play it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yep, same here. I missed the Pokemon bandwagon for being too old.
    I want a Pokemon Stadium 3
    Forget that. Pokemon Snap 2!
    I'll take both
  • RAINBOWSRAINBOWS Lisbon/Rainbow Land
    I DO NOT APROVE!!! I WANT A POKEMON 3D ONLINE GAME FOR PS3!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'd really just like to see more Pokemon roguelikes.
  • RAINBOWSRAINBOWS Lisbon/Rainbow Land
    That would just suck.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    That would just suck.
    I've enjoyed them so far...