Sonic 4 Episode 2 offers a free chapter, but no love for Wii owners

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Whelp, looks like I'm grabbing Sonic 4 eps 1&2 Gotta go fast.

Also how'd I know the first image for this article was going to be Metal Sonic.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Any mention of a PC version?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    No mention of PC version, just PS3 and Xbox (plus mobile on Android iPhone, but meh)
    So PC owners of Ep. 1 could be just as screwed as Wii owners.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOO SEGA!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Why the hell would they NOT want to release this for the Wii. Do they not want to make money anymore?

Also,
    Metal Sonic. First introduced in Sonic CD
    Wat

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    W___________ G____________ SEGA!
    Sonic fix'd it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    @Canti:

That's not Metal Sonic. The real Metal Sonic was, in fact, intro'd in Sonic CD.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    He's made of metal. He looks like Sonic. He is Metal Sonic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_video_game_characters#Metal_Sonic
    That's Silver Sonic, Canti. Learn 2 Sanic.
    Point goes to Canti
    edited April 2012
    That is garbage. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Sonic

Silver Sonic -"It is apparently an early version of Metal Sonic, a better known robotic double of Sonic."

That argument is like saying old school Sonic and new Sonic are two completely different characters because they're designs are slightly different.

Both are robotic versions of Sonic built by Dr. Robotnik to do Robotnik shit. They are the same Metal Sonic. Just because they painted him blue later doesn't make him a different character.

If anything is Silver Sonic this thing is. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_the_Hedgehog
    Also this from the Silver Sonic article. "Silver Sonic appears as a beta character in Sonic the Fighters, if one manages to play as Metal Sonic by changing the game codes, Silver Sonic appears as a clone of him that player two will play as."

So does that mean that if you use a character skin other than the default in a game that you're actually not the character you picked?
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Well here's the thing, Robotnik has made multiple Sonic bots. Silver Sonic and like 2 other models are bulky builds that deal more in power then in speed. Metal Sonic is a separate model and is all about going fast. Metal has also had this same jet torso and stick appendages build for all of his appearances so the one shown here was first introduced in CD even though he wasn't the first "Metal" Sonic. Whether he is indeed a remodel of the first one is unknown (to me.)

So in conclusion, you're both right, your argument is invalid.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    "The 2.5D sidescroller was received well by fans when it was released a little over a year ago."

That's far from the tune I heard. And honestly, I agree with -some- of them.

If they haven't fixed some of the issues they had with the first one in this second one, it isn't worth dropping your money on anyway.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    "The 2.5D sidescroller was received well by fans when it was released a little over a year ago."

That's far from the tune I heard. And honestly, I agree with -some- of them.

If they haven't fixed some of the issues they had with the first one in this second one, it isn't worth dropping your money on anyway.
    All I remember hearing was that the difficulty really ramps up towards the end and the lack of tails following you. I haven't gotten that far yet but the main complaint I have is just the lack of explained menu controls. What key is [red square] supposed to be, etc. I haven't had any other problems though.
    edited April 2012
    I personally thought 2.5D was really cool the way it made it look like you could go towards or away from the screen while still moving sideways (ex. Classic mode Sonic Generations) is just fun. I haven't noticed any real issues with it but I guess either I've got to play Sonic 4 or I have to play more SG.

I've never had problems with awkward controls or control guides I play games the same way I learn to take apart and reassemble machinery. Screw around with things until something happens then remember it!
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    It's always good to see a Sonic game that goes back to the old-school 2D side-scrolling experience that we all know and love.
    No. You are wrong, Canti. Canonically, Silver Sonic and Metal Sonic are two different robots. It says so in the manual, it says so in the comics. Heck, you can't even categorize Mecha Sonic like that, it's still another robot (and then you involve the BEM and crap gets messy because technically is IS Sonic). Robotnik built Silver Sonic, it failed. He took what he learned and improved on it with Metal Sonic. They are different constructions, they are different characters.

Your analogy fails because classic Sonic and modern Sonic are the same person, only aged. Silver Sonic and Metal are two completely different constructions. Different functions, objectives, innards, everything.

Robot Sonic was introduced in Sonic 2, but the true Metal Sonic is Sonic CD. Deal with it.

Don't mess with me in Sonic. You are not ready.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Real Talkβ„’
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Though in all fairness, let's be honest- his design in SANIC and NICKLES was the best of them all, for that time.

And he could go SUPER METAL SANIC.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    @Canti
    I watched that on a compy right behind my boss, and almost blew a gasket trying not to laugh aloud. Thanks for that. :D

I've never had problems with awkward controls or control guides I play games the same way I learn to take apart and reassemble machinery. Screw around with things until something happens then remember it!
    Good policy for a lot of things. I'd insert an innuendo here, but that'd run the risk of making it sound sarcastic.
    No. You are wrong, Canti. Canonically, Silver Sonic and Metal Sonic are two different robots. It says so in the manual, it says so in the comics. Heck, you can't even categorize Mecha Sonic like that, it's still another robot (and then you involve the BEM and crap gets messy because technically is IS Sonic). Robotnik built Silver Sonic, it failed. He took what he learned and improved on it with Metal Sonic. They are different constructions, they are different characters.

Your analogy fails because classic Sonic and modern Sonic are the same person, only aged. Silver Sonic and Metal are two completely different constructions. Different functions, objectives, innards, everything.

Robot Sonic was introduced in Sonic 2, but the true Metal Sonic is Sonic CD. Deal with it.

Don't mess with me in Sonic. You are not ready.
    I love geek rage sooooooooo much :3

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2012

This is the only TRUE Sonic sequel for me. All others are too slow. Deal with it.
    I watch Sanic the Sandraker daily. It never fails to make my day brighter.