The League of Extraordinary Icrontians season two

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    People keep talking about this and it's gonna drive people away. Jeez, people can have opinions about what they like about IC and don't like. They're not wrong, and I expect better out of you, Bobby.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Am I the only one who sees both sides of this?
    Nope. Different strokes for different folks OR different moods for people who want to play
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I don't see the other side because I don't see how last night was any different that any other night I have ever played TF2 on the IC server
    Iit was so loud and so much talking that I started getting a headache.
    If you were trying to actually play the game but were stuck on a team that was goofing around changing their names instead of playing, it was kind of frustrating.
    More people than just Oni and I mentioned this. Come on, Bobby. You know it was really crazy last night. It usually doesn't get that crazy. No need to be defensive. It's still fun, we're all still friends; as I said earlier, different people have different ideas of what fun is; also, sometimes people are in the mood for one type of good time and other times people are in the mood for something different. Some nights, I would have totally been in the spirit of the mood of last night. Last night, I wasn't particularly in the mood for it. Why is that bad?
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    honestly if last night an outsider / just a random guy would've join the server, i'm sure he wouldn't want to join IC.
    This (as in last night) was the reason I joined IC. You are 100% wrong there. I had a blast last night. The people playing serious racked up the points and had a good time, the people screwing around had a good time. I fail to see where you fall into this and why you didn't. Most people were only on for about 2 hours and the name changing (that you participated in) and "drunks" didn't show up 'til an hour into that. If you are going to Ragequit LOEI over last night, well then that's just more room on the server next Tuesday.

-Digi
    well good for you. but usually when i play tf2, it's to play tf2. i have my drunken buddies IRL, if i want to do crazy stuff i'll go see them. I'm happy that you now have an open slot on tuesday to bring one of your friend.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I love you guys. A Little ribbing is all that was. I see that I took it to far and I am sorry for that.

I see that I came off as defensive, I do that when someone says anything remotely bad about our server. I'm sorry Oni. I was trying to (and failing apparently) rile you up to come shoot me in the head next Tuesday. While I continue to love nights like last night, and will stand by that as a feature and not a bug, I can see how some do not enjoy that.

You all know I got nothing but love, and if you don't know, now you know.

-Digi
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    Next Tuesday night. @BobbyDigi and @oni_dels. Rocket launchers at 12 paces.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    No need to fight boys, you're all pretty!

(Just Eli is the prettiest!) :p
    (Just Eli's ass is the prettiest!) :p
    FTFY
    I'm sorry Oni. I was trying to (and failing apparently) rile you up to come shoot me in the head next Tuesday.
    Obviously if i go snipe i'll clearly send an arrow through your eye socket
    Next Tuesday night. @BobbyDigi and @oni_dels. Rocket launchers at 12 paces.
    If he goes Soldier he won't stand a chance against my awesome Pyro airblasting skills

i'd say it could also be cause i was too sober to deal with that shit last night, but i'm sure it's the first LOEI that is that messed up.
    anyways i ain't gone forever, it could all be just a bunch of drunk promises...
  • anyways i ain't gone forever, it could all be just a bunch of drunk promises...
    You all know I got nothing but love, and if you don't know, now you know.
    If he goes Soldier he won't stand a chance against my awesome Pyro airblasting skills.
    You mean there's more to being a pyro than just running around setting everything on fire, giggling like a maniac, and dying messily and repeatedly? Because that's all I ever do
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I suppose I just like lighting things on fire. (By the way if ever there's an IC camping trip or something don't let me near a campfire with liquid propane it's beautiful and incredibly deadly)
    If he goes Soldier he won't stand a chance against my awesome Pyro airblasting skills.
    You mean there's more to being a pyro than just running around setting everything on fire, giggling like a maniac, and dying messily and repeatedly? Because that's all I ever do
    I suppose I just like lighting things on fire. (By the way if ever there's an IC camping trip or something don't let me near a campfire with liquid propane it's beautiful and incredibly deadly)
    i pretty much just play with deflect, or i kill will the shotgun/melee.
    once you manage to do this you know you've master the airblast:

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I dunno, I think the only reason people are getting up in arms about all of this is the way LOEI went last night is no different than it ever has. The server is always loud, the names are always silly, and everyone is always laughing. It's one of the reasons all-talk has been enabled on our server for years. If we were truly concerned with hardcore tactics in this game, that wouldn't be enabled. We have it because it's a community experience where people hang out and have a great time together.

This isn't the first time the TF2 players have met the core Icrontians. The names of those playing last night were all familiar, so none of this should be surprising to anyone.

I dunno, I think the only reason people are getting up in arms about all of this is the way LOEI went last night is no different than it ever has. The server is always loud, the names are always silly, and everyone is always laughing. It's one of the reasons all-talk has been enabled on our server for years. If we were truly concerned with hardcore tactics in this game, that wouldn't be enabled. We have it because it's a community experience where people hang out and have a great time together.

This isn't the first time the TF2 players have met the core Icrontians. The names of those playing last night were all familiar, so none of this should be surprising to anyone.

i've been playing every tuesday since i joined (which is only last december), believe me this is the first time (this year) it get THAT MUCH out of control. i do enjoy the comunnity, this is why i'm here, but yeah i guess i just have no patience when i'm sober
  • Completely understandable, you have to be in the mood. I had a meh day a while back and tried to watch a pony stream sober. I just couldn't get in to it and I bailed after 20 minutes. But I was back a few weeks later and had a blast (also sober) because I was in the mood for it.

It's all good, we all have days when we are in the mood for shenanigans, and days where we just want to relax and not deal with the shens.

I think all of us know there will always be a risk of Icrontic getting kind of crazy, and nobody should be bothered if someone just isn't in the mood. At the same time, we should also recognize that Icrontic gatherings can range from calm and quiet up to mad house and predicting when and where the level is going to be is pretty hard. So I wouldn't just up and quit Tuesday nights, nor would I up and jump down someone's throat for not getting in to it.

tldr; no need to read what I posted :)

• I think what we really need to take away from all of this:

1.) Eli's ass

2.) Trolls

3.) Eli's ass

4.) image ?
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Wow. It looks like I missed a lot last night. So much drama. I feel like prime has taken the roll of snackman in these shenanigans:
    I chuckled thoroughly at that video.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Last night was a much needed reunion for me... With the people and antics that I used to love about IC TF2. I thrive in that environment, played very well and enjoyed the craziness. Haven't done that in more than a year :)

Also, I totally claim partial credit for "U Dazzled?"
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    To be honest last night reminded me of the reason I originally joined Icrontic, back in the day I was so happy because I'd found a server where I didn't have to play well, I could just chill and enjoy the shens. I swear I haven't laughed that hard in months, I was in tears trying to backstab people and failing because I couldn't see.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Never let me miss LOEI again!
    Wow. It looks like I missed a lot last night. So much drama. I feel like prime has taken the roll of snackman in these shenanigans:
    Somehow, I don't think a Heavy wandering through eating a sammich would have the same effect.
    Right, they'd both be squished out of the car
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Good times tonight:
    Those two games tonight on pl_upward were amazing. Both teams were almost perfectly matched, and momentum stalled at the last point until the very end of a long, tense battle both times.

Honestly, that was some of the best pushkart I've ever experienced :D
    Those two games tonight on pl_upward were amazing. Both teams were almost perfectly matched, and momentum stalled at the last point until the very end of a long, tense battle both times.

Honestly, that was some of the best pushkart I've ever experienced :D
    that was some intense sentry placement!

and me passed out drunk:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    Anyone up for some Hot-N'-Nasty TF2 action tonite?!
This discussion has been closed.