My Fix for the STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005... BSOD / REBOOT

167891012»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    h/w is hardware. moot simply means it doesn't matter.

Read through it, follow the links when there, and you'll be able to run the tests. If you can sign up and post on a forum, you should be able to follow that guide.

Ok, I'll definitely try. Thanks Tushon. I just want the issue fixed, yah know?? This computer is becoming my source of income right now, so losing it, I lose all my income.
  • edited July 2011
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem that i've recently been having as my computer has been randomly restarting it mainly occurs as im booting it up but recently it has gotten progressively worse, now i disabled the auto restart and got the BSOD and this is the STOP error code i got: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb7e0da65, 0xb84c31e4, 0x00000000) I have no idea what this means and have not had any luck with google as I get a load of rubbish trying to sell me stupid software that most likely won't do anything so any responses on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated i'm only a poor student money is rough to come by :(
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Ezlo wrote:
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem that i've recently been having as my computer has been randomly restarting it mainly occurs as im booting it up but recently it has gotten progressively worse, now i disabled the auto restart and got the BSOD and this is the STOP error code i got: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb7e0da65, 0xb84c31e4, 0x00000000) I have no idea what this means and have not had any luck with google as I get a load of rubbish trying to sell me stupid software that most likely won't do anything so any responses on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated i'm only a poor student money is rough to come by :(

Follow the steps here and report back under that thread.
  • edited November 2011
    profdlp wrote:
    It will (try to) record what was going on when your computer crashed and save it to a text file. By studying the file you'll at least get a list of likely suspects as to what caused the crash.

From Microsoft:

The file created should appear in the root of the drive where Windows is installed. As for being "easy to read and understand", it may be, but it might just look like gibberish unless you know what you're looking for. You can attach a copy of the dump file here and we'll have a look.

You could also try right-clicking My Computer, then go to Properties>>Advanced>>Startup and Recovery Settings, then uncheck Automatically Restart.
    It will produce a BSOD with an error code. Let us know what it is and we'll try and help. :)

THE CODE I KEEP GETTING IS STOP 0X0000008E FOLLOWED BY 0XC0000005 0X8540351C 0XB10BCBEC 0X00000000 CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE??
    edited November 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    Follow the steps here and report back under that thread.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    tiivicious wrote:
    Okay, I did what you said, and no errors! Btw, its 4 sticks! I examinated each one of them, and no errors! Then I examinated it together and no errors!
    The last time I did this, it showed 17408 errors, and this time not even one!
    what's going on?
    I don't understand this!

Um, it is possible for a RAM stick to get loose or for dust to get down in between the socket and the memory stick. Removing and reseating the RAM sticks can move the dust, and the RAM stick will again work.

John.
  • edited December 2011
    Whenever I try to launch my webcam either through my computer or via Skype my system restarts and i get this bsod code:

***STOP:0X0000008E (0XCOOOOO1D, 0XF522FE03,OXF78BDCD0,0X00000000,)
    ***lvuc.sys-Address F522FE03 Base at F4FC7000,Date Stamp 4e4e2ba0

System Specs:
    Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service pack 3
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    2.12 GHZ,1gig of ram

Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 Graphics Card
    Memory Interface: 64/128-bit SDR, 64-bit DDR
    Texels per Second: 800 Million
    Memory Bandwidth: 2.7GB/s

I don't believe its my PSU or drivers cause its a fresh install with everything updated and no existing problems of any kind with any other device or programs however i do believe i am having a ram issue even though Ive run on 512mb on my laptop with same webcam and not so great specs. I'm pulling my hair out I'm so frustrated Ive uninstalled and reinstalled Skype and webcam drivers as well as graphics card drivers to no avail same problem but only when launching webcam. I have an idea what it could be but if i can get any help with the bsod code to resolve that issue or any suggestions based on my information given it would be greatly appreciated.
    Ok, it works with the laptop - so what Windows is on the laptop??? Can you tell us that and what age the camera is??? Can you get new web camera drivers??? And a new Skype version from the web??? You said all drivers updated, I know, just double-checking a couple things that could relate to this, and please make sure that the new web camera drivers are intended for use with XP and for your exact web camera model.
  • can you locate this "lvuc.sys" file on your computer and provide details on it (file location, any information that appears in "properties" of the file, etc)? I did a quick google and was unable to find any information on "lvuc.sys" which makes it hard to diagnose or offer suggestions for repair.
    Can you also provide information on your operating system (for the laptop)? If I remember right, Windows XP Pro 2002 is an x64 OS, are you installing the x64 drivers for your hardware (specifically the webcam)?
    NOTE: I could be wrong on the x64 bit... It has been a while since I saw "XP Pro 2002"
    edited December 2011
    That is strange ... no results either. You should check what webcam the computer has and look for that driver. It may unpack that file for you
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    lvuc.sys is the LabTech webcam driver...

Go here and download the correct package for the camera you have...
    http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/service/listing/AMR/EN,crid=68,crid2=1764

Very few XP's were 64bit unless specifically ordered that way.

Also the drivers from LabTech's site require DirectX 9, and that ancient GeForce2 MX/MX 400 was only DirectX 7

Time to pick up a cheap DX9 card like this one for $26 http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=757448003741&vpn=X1650AGP256&manufacture=Diamond Multimedia&catid=18

(You probably have a friend or two with an old AGP card laying around.)
  • Hey, now I'm getting this problem, but the "follow the steps HERE link" is dead. Can someone please post a current link? Thanks...
    Hey, now I'm getting this problem, but the "follow the steps HERE link" is dead. Can someone please post a current link? Thanks...
    http://icrontic.com/article/fix-the-0x0000008e-bsod-once-and-for-all
  • Î NEWBIE HERE .Can someone please post a step by step to:
    Fix Stop0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0x93F846BC,0X9327B678,0x000000)
    dxgmms1.sys - ADDRESS BASE
    93F846BC BASE AT 93F6700
    Î NEWBIE HERE .Can someone please post a step by step to:
    93F846BC BASE AT 93F6700
    There are too many possible causes for this to post a one-step-set-fixes-all type thing. LOOKS like a RAM problem on surface, but could be many other things possibly.

Î NEWBIE HERE .Can someone please post a step by step to:
    93F846BC BASE AT 93F6700
    Literally one post above yours has a step by step troubleshooting guide.
  • Hi!
    unfortunatelly i have to ask for your help again! :(
    Another BSOD -.-
    0x00000000, 0x870763F0, 0xB2000040, 0x00000800
    I don't know why, but my computer does a BSOD everytime i play Call of Dutty 2 !!
    If you can help me, please, do it, i want to finish the game :(
    Thank you so much :)
    edited May 2012
    Hi!
    unfortunatelly i have to ask for your help again! :(
    Another BSOD -.-
    I don't know why, but my computer does a BSOD everytime i play Call of Dutty 2 !!
    If you can help me, please, do it, i want to finish the game :(
    Thank you so much :)
    Did you run through the hardware troubleshooting located here? If so, do a clean install of your video drivers:
    1) Download and install Driver Sweeper
    2) Uninstall video driver completely
    3) Reboot to safe mode
    4) Run driver sweeper and select the type of files that match your video card type
    5) Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver for your device (Radeon or Nvidia)

Another BSOD -.-
    There needs to be a stop code that goes along with this, there is no stop code of 0x00000000
    Try all that @Tushon says and report back with the error number if it still exists.

From looking at your previous posts I'd say you still have Bad Memory in that computer. If you memory is borderline, the longer it stays in the computer causing reboots and other quirky things to happen. The greater the chance of OS or file corruption will happen. Once files start to corrupt it all goes downhill from there.

Also if this is the same machine with the Q6600 in it I would take a look at the capacitors on the motherboard for expanded or leaking ones. That CPU & video card is of the age of bad MB caps. If the caps are bad on the board there is no fix, your going to need a new computer. (I know there are people who will change these bad caps, but in all honesty the amount of work involved
    is not worth the hassle as other components suffer when caps go bad.)
  • edited May 2012

i went to uninstall the drivers and i saw this, which one do i uninstall? all of them?

i'm portuguese, so i'll just translate what is in there (in case you don't understand):
    NVIDIA 3D vision controller
    NVIDIA graphic controller
    NVIDIA display control panel
    NVIDIA the 3D vision controller
    NVIDIA the sistem software PhysX

btw, the stop code is ***STOP:0X00000124

and in the report after the BSOD (that i just got -.- ) these were the details :
    It should be the second one, then select all of the stuff that it lets you remove. If not, you can safely remove everything on that list individually. Here a pretty good list of possibilities.
  • Okay thanks, going to try, and i'll tell you guys the results... thanks ;)
    Also another thing to try is Prime95 ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v266.zip just unzip it to a directory and run it from that directory there is no installer.
    Select Just Stress Testing and the Blend test. Let this run for at least 24 hours if there is a hardware problem with the machine it will fail and say so in the onscreen logs.
  • well, im having almost the same problem. my error code is this:
    0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80563C5C, 0x80563C5C,0xBA7EBC74, 0x00000000)
    This has been happening to me for about a month now, and i have no friekin idea what to do. im good with pc's but, im not this good! the bsod that says this same thing even shows up when i remove my 500GB external hard drive without ejecting it first. i can boot up in safe mode, safe mode with networking, and safe mode with cmd prompt, but when i try to boot normally, 1 second after the welcome screen, the bsod shows up. What do I do?
    Hey franki786!

Follow all the steps in this guide here to see if it can solve your problem.
    http://icrontic.com/article/fix-the-0x0000008e-bsod-once-and-for-all
  • Please help i cannot boot into normal mode safe mode works fine in normal boot i get BSOD during startup of 0x0000008e ( 0xc0000005) intelppm.sys

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
    3gb ram
    Intel pentinum E20 1.99 ghz
    Standard VGA graphics (before was intel express family chipset g33/31 removed it while applying a fix now cant install it again in safe mode)