1.2.X Discussion

2»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    ...you can breed cats?

Never mind about that then. If you breed tame cats are the babies "tied" to you?

-Digi
  • yeah they are tied to the owner of the two breeding cats. If two cats of separate owners breed the kitten belongs to the person who's cat it matches in color.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    What's this? I can get back on the server now? Oh I missed my temple/ziggurat/place-of-green-worship!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Keeps giving me a fatal error every time I try to update. Awesome!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Delete your jar file and try again.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    What's this? I can get back on the server now? Oh I missed my temple/ziggurat/place-of-green-worship!
    I absolutely love your Ziggurat of the Green Devout btw. It looks great, very unique concept. Extremely well done.

For anyone looking to travel to the jungles, as far as I know the current best way to get there is to come to the Village (it's north of town, you can come via the nether and follow the sign and short rail track), then take a left out of the nether portal hut and follow the path north out of town (the exit at the animal farms, between mooshrooms and pigs). That exit points you north - just head that way for 2000 blocks, or 1000 more for the farther jungle.

We will connect the jungles via nether portal soon, but you won't be able to bring cats back through the nether (or while traveling on a minecart or boat) so you'll be stuck with a long walk when cat hunting on the way back no matter what.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Actually, Basil died and respawned, and his kitty appeared next to his respawn point. You might talk to him for more details, but this may be the easy mode for getting cats back to town.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I absolutely love your Ziggurat of the Green Devout btw. It looks great, very unique concept. Extremely well done.
    Why thank you Gorzo. When I get back on, acquire the parts, and learn the mechanics of it I'm gonna try and make a special door that @Basil showed me. In my opinion it will throw it's "wow" factor through the roof.

Either way can't wait to get a cat.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Delete your jar file and try again.
    Edit. Finally worked.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    Went out to search for a grey cat today. Ended up getting 2 while I was out at the jungle. Then my 3 from home just randomly teleported out to me. I managed to lose all 5 on my journey back... :bawl:
    edited April 2012
    :( Had you sat them in your house or were they wondering?

The breeding of dogs/cats in multiplayer is a bit wonky IMO. If I have a Tabby (orange) cat and my buddy has a black/White cat and we breed them, the owner of the kitten is decided by the color. Therefore breeding can not be used to expand the colors you have. I think the owner of the baby should be a coin flip.

Has anyone bred dogs of different owners? I would have to imagine that is a coin flip or possibly controlled by who is given the breeding agent (bones?) first?

-Digi
    So dispensers have gotten way cooler....

If you fill it with Minecarts at the end of a track... it will put the cart on the track.

That goes for normal, powered and chest carts.

If you fill it with boats next to water... it will put the boat in the water for you

Oh and a a little addition that oddly enough has not gotten a lot of attention:

A Dispenser is now A FIREBALL CANNON!!

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Fire_Charge

-Digi
    @BobbyDigi Cats will just occasionally all stand up from wherever they're sitting and teleport to you. I've also noticed it's difficult to walk by some peoples' plots with cats, cause they'll wander around and die on stuff. I probably lost half-a-dozen to Basil's cacti XD They're also prone to tearing up crops and sitting on chests, and they never ever stfu. Basically, they're just like real cats. Annoying as all crap, but when you look at them you want to bring them inside and give them food...

I'd say that them standing might be related to creepers, but mine were sitting in a decidedly creeper-free zone.
    they never ever stfu.
    I can't stay near the South side of my temple for long. Why does he have to have soo many cats.
    edited April 2012
    Because it's a House of Cats. Duh.

Previously mentioned bug is known http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known_bugs/Version_1.2.5#Bugs_8
    So dispensers have gotten way cooler....

If you fill it with Minecarts at the end of a track... it will put the cart on the track.

That goes for normal, powered and chest carts.

If you fill it with boats next to water... it will put the boat in the water for you

Oh and a a little addition that oddly enough has not gotten a lot of attention:

A Dispenser is now A FIREBALL CANNON!!

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Fire_Charge

-Digi
    Also there's awesome new sandstone textures you can get by combining the blocks in various ways http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sandstone
    And I've confirmed that you can place torches on top of glass blocks, but not on the sides. This also applies to redstone torches. Redstone dust and ladders are a no-go, though.
    From the Screenshot/Brag thread:
    Oh. :'(

.....wait, I thought cats were supposed to pwn creepers?
    Cats do not attack creepers such as dogs attack mobs when you melee them. Cat's will attack chickens. Creepers are "afraid" of cats. If you sit a cat down and stand next to it, a creeper will see you and start to come towards you, when it gets within a certain range of the cat (~6 or 7 blocks in my experience) it will turn and run. The funny part is when it gets out of range of the cat, it sees you again and will try to come at a different angle causing the creeper to basically walk in circles.

While I was out in the Jungle with Weezer, I was in a hidey hole with our 7 cats at the time and he was out running around, a creeper passed in front of our opening and then blew up. Basically it seems the creeper can not see the cats through walls as it can track players. Once this particular creeper was in line-of-sight of the cats he had already started his explosion process so it may be that they can not get scared once they start that.

-Digi
    Well, would you be scared of a cat if you'd just pulled the cord on your TNT bandoleer?

Gotcha, though. That might be worth submitting as a bug.
    Good news! My cats came back to me!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    The cat came back the very next day...
    Nether subway to the jungle at -250, -3200 is now fully operational. I am adjusting the signs down there right now to help point right to it. It's right there, by the nether wart farm and the subway to the village.

Known issue: Zombie pigmen spawning on the track and getting in the way. Anyone know how to stop them?

Future plans: Will add an extension to the other jungle at -200, -4350. Will 'pretty up' the overworld-side portal platform area.
    Awesome, Gorzo!

Questions: Do cats travel through the Nether? If I were to travel back through the portal after collecting some, would they teleport to me?
    edited April 2012
    Cats do not. However there might be a way to get them to teleport to you when you come out the other side. They will teleport to you as long as:
    1: You are not in a boat or minecart.
    2: The cats have not been ordered to sit.
    3: You are not in the nether or the End.
    and 4: the cats are currently in a chunk that is ACTIVE.

When you leave for the nether, the chunk you were in (where the cats are) becomes inactive, and therefore the cats won't teleport when you come back to the overworld. However, if another player is still in the chunk with the cats, making it stay active, I think they will teleport to you. This happened to Basil. When he died in the jungle, his cats teleported to him when he respawned. I'm pretty sure this is because the chunk hadn't become inactive yet, either from his teleport to spawn via death, or because midga was with him in the jungle, keeping the chunks active. It -should- work, in theory. Would need to be tested.

I recommend having a friend tag along when you do your cat run (I will go with if I'm on) and just chill with your cats while you ride through the nether. See if they warp. The worst that will happen is they don't, and you just go back through the portals back to them.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I'm going to guess it's loaded, not necessarily active (I read "active" as loaded and inhabited by a player, so it could be a semantic difference in the end.
    But it's not Canti's house.
    But it's not Canti's house.
    Oh. Where?

I'm pretty sure it's Ryoko's. I'm between Hitman and Ryoko, North to South respectively, and Cola is to the East. Canti is Southeast.
    I'm going to guess it's loaded, not necessarily active (I read "active" as loaded and inhabited by a player, so it could be a semantic difference in the end.
    Yeah, to me an active chunk is the same as a loaded chunk. But there is technically a difference, and you are correct, what matters is that chunk is loaded. Doesn't matter if a player is in it or not (aside from player proximity having to do with loading/unloading chunks and whatnot.)