ICMC: Outlands Claims

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2013 in Minecraft
Use this thread to request Outland plots. Please post coords and as many details about your claim as possible. Staking a claim sets the land aside for you. The more you mark the land, the better chance that someone won't mistake your land for general wilderness. While it is not common for our players to run around and break stuff, we have many players that like to explore and mine. That said, make sure to mark any areas that you don't wish other players to mine (marking an entrance to a cave is fine, but keep in mind there may be other entrances).

Purposefully destroying anything that is obviously player-created or has been marked not to mine will be considered griefing and will be treated as such.

When making a claim, make sure to go through this thread and be proactive about if you are trying to claim someone else' land. It will be assumed that you pre-checked this thread to make sure the land is available before posting here when considering your claim. (I am continually working on getting an easier way to view the claims)

I really look down on filling in water. That's not to say it is not allowed, but it would need a good reason and will most likely not be allowed withing 250 blocks or so of Spawn/Town/ICCastle/ICFarms. The water gets used for travel along with adding to the scenery of some claims. When making a claim involving water building you need to make sure to specify this.

A screenshot from Overviewer of your land is very much appreciated (but still not necessary). This goes for current claims and new requests.

I request that people put corner stones on their plots with a sign with the X:Z on it and suggest that a wall or some sort of barrier is built around it.

Current Claims:

cola

632, 744
632, 1244
1132, 744
1132, 1244
Mitey Worriers
centered on 650, -75

The corners of our plot are
900, -325
900, 175
400, 175
400, -325
Basil

-450, -125
-450, -25
-575, -125
-575, -25
Ardichoke

x 287,
z -739

z -653
GHoosdum
"liberty island"
Crazy Joe
Icrontic Stadium
Mr-Triot
Around x-750, z-215
-725, -190
-775, -240
CannonFodder

-120,-576
-220,-576
-120,-676
-220,-676
midga

[-625,-440]
[-1100,-100]
[-1400,300]
[-1000,800]
CaptainMoustache, Loanstarr, and Gorzo

[-900, -1200]
[-1000, -1200]
[-900, -1350]
[-100, 1350]
_K_
[828, 1575]
[546.1575]
[340,1201]
[796,1131]
RahnalH102
Enembis

(X: -341, Z: 1449)
(X: -341, Z: 1221)
(X: -104, Z: 1221)
(X: -104, Z: 1449)
ErrorNullTurnip
Approximately at X: -256 to -512, Y: 20 to 200.

approx: -1790, -1700

AlexDeGruven
Approximate locations are X:1630, Z: -1285 to X:1780, Z: -1140

BENDER
BENDER said:

The four corners are roughly. (X,Z)
-2200, -1820
-2200, -1980
-2405, -1820
-2405, -1980
photo 2013-01-25_204639_zps1cfb39e6.png

*Work in progress*
Just because something is not listed, doesn't mean it is not claimed. It just means I haven't got it up here yet. As always, Do not build in the Outlands without a confirmed claim.

-Digi

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Okay, last night brought an interesting issue to light. Wandering around, it was rather difficult to tell whether we were on anyone's Outland land. Some of it was obviously developed on, but a lot of that you could only tell when you stumbled on a building or torches.
    Now, we could just require everyone keep a list of the claimed territories and keep their debug screen open while they walk around, but that's balls. I can barely stand to have the debug screen open as it is, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who would find this too much of a chore to want to even bother wandering around anymore.
    So, alternatively, I'm proposing that there be a strong suggestion made for people to mark their boundaries clearly, possibly with fences, signs, and torches reasonably spaced out, especially if they want to prevent activity on their claim. At least a sign at each corner so we can see it on the map.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    The Great Mitey Worrier Wall is under construction...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It's more of a fence...
    edited February 2012
    Requesting (-700, 0) to (-1400, 500) inclusive. This is not for my exclusive use, though it is for my exclusive control. The Vent Icrontians are welcome to continue using it, as we have been, for excursion and mining as long as surface structures are minimal, and of course as long as respect is maintained. It's an area that has some desert and grassland, which I plan to use for resources, and there's a beautiful snowy pine forest there that I'd like to preserve relatively intact, with a nice little house to look over it :)

And my mining underneath it I expect to reach the extents.

--

Okay, I did some exploring to get the map to spawn, and I think I'm going to alter the coordinates a bit after the new map loads tomorrow. It's gonna be the same approximate area, but I'm gonna tighten it down a bit to include less water and be more a contiguous piece of land. I'll post it tomorrow afternoon/evening.
    Okay, a day late, but an update.

The red is what I'd /like/ to have, but I realize it's MASSIVE.
    So.
    To pare that down if necessary, what my heart's really set on is the pineywood snow biome Great White North region, plus what's outlined in blue below it as a bit of land to bring the road into a station and build a home-on-a-hill at. The stuff on the left (note the signs I put down) is a nifty highlands area with some cool features, and the area in yellow is an underground bit we set up a camp in with the intent of basing out of it from time-to-time.

TBH, I'm really not interested in this land for building anything or for stripping the surface or anything. If the majority of that snow biome were public, very-limited-surface-build (think shelters...basically what non-claimed land is being used for already) land, that'd be fine with me too. That's essentially what I'd be doing with it anyway. I would probably build an ice castle in there somewhere (like that big lake area), and I definitely want to put in some stuff in that grassland, but I'm more interested in having that beautiful woodland (and some of that highland) to wander around in and occasionally harvest wood from, and the depths below it (mainly near that yellow bit) to mine in a bit.

I also plan to give joint control of whatever I end up with to those who went and scoped it out with me. The game just isn't any fun if you're not sharing. :)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I would like to claim the following boundary:

-120,-576
    -220,-576
    -120,-676
    -220,-676
    I was asked for coords, so here you go Digi :D

[-625,-440]
    [-1100,-100]
    [-1400,300]
    [-1000,800]
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    Realized I forgot to claim, like a dingus. Before I start building, would like to quickly claim a section of desert for CaptainMoustache, Loanstarr, and myself at:

[-900, -1200]
    [-1000, -1200]
    [-900, -1350]
    [-100, 1350]

We only need surface and up, and underground rights in that desert claim are negligible.

Also now that the sky limit is being raised in 1.2, I only need a 50x50 plot for what I need near town, or even better if it can fit in an 'expansion lot' part of town and be part of town itself. I'd like to officially put in a request for that as well, and have no preference as to what kind of terrain it is on.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Are there really any limits on making a claim? No one is venturing out from town that much, I am close to the edge of the world so far(a full minecraft days walk), and the Vikings need a place to live where they can grow and be manly men.!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    We're trying to hold off on expanding the map until we can get on the updated build in hopes of getting a jungle spawned.

-Digi
    That answered my question not.
    Sure it does. That's your only current limitation.

-Digi
    [828, 1575]
    [546.1575]
    [340,1201]
    [796,1131]

This is kind of what it covers.
    the holding off on expansion worked wonderfully guys. Multiple jungles within 1 ingame days walking distance.

I will be taking the time (hopefully tonight) to update this thread with the current claims so it will be a lot easier for others to find open claims.

Yes I know I have said this before. I love you guys and your patience.

Mine On!

-Digi
    I'll stick an image up here later that'll show the approximate extents of my outlands area on the map. I finally started doing shit up there :D
    I updated the OP with all the claims I could find in this and the previous thread. I know I have more in my PMs but I have so many PMs that going through them would take more time then I am willing to spend :nyah:

If there is a claim that is not listed, let me know here and I will get it in the OP.

I seem to have an issue getting the Quotes to work in the OP (show who's claim it is), If I can't figure it out, I'll use a different method.

-Digi
    Unless anyone sees any reason why not... I would like to take over the village at

730, -1220

I would like to spruce it up and grow the NPC population.

-Digi
    edited April 2012
    I would like an outland plot near town, one of these two if they are available. I would like to claim the one labeled "A" but I see a cobblestone marker in the water there. If that means there's a conflict, I'll take B instead. Let me know if both are not good, I know I am working with areas near town here. If it makes any difference, I need practically zero underground rights, as it will all be above ground save for a basement of up to a maximum of 7-10 depth. Probably only 5. All I care about is above ground.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I think when we switched the map rotation we also ended up changing the X Y Z orientation.

My original claim of

x 287,
    z -739

z -653

beginning at the map where that piece of flattened land starts is now registering as x 76 z 141 and ending at x 275 z 331 (I think, my personal orientation is completely off the landmarks I originally used aren't viewable from the current rotation)

On that note with the new update I have more tools to play around with in my grid map of what my manor house will be. (Still need a whole lotta slimeballs though)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Changing the map orientation would have no effect on the x/z orientation in-game. Map rendering only reads the map and visualizes it. If x,z orientation changed, it did so because of changes made to the game itself with v 1.2.x as well as the world save format change therein.
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    X-871 Z-924
    X-950 Z-860
    X-1050 Z-980
    X-980 Z-1050

Kind of a large plot to ask for, but it's so far out of the way I don't think anyone would mind; However if it does bother you I wouldn't mind shrinking it down to the two larger of the four that is in the left side of the asked plot.

Although now that I look at it that baseball field is bigger than that
  • Like to request a plot 200X200 ____________ x -600 z 220 x -600 z 20 x -400 z 220 x -400 z 20

Using this land to build a grinder
    I'll have to look at these claims tomorrow. If they don;t conflict with current plots they should be fine.

-Digi
    edited April 2012
    The three above (Il, Z and Ryo) look fine. I can only ask that you double check to make sure you don't have overlap with any of the claims in the OP and consider them approved.

Gorzo I'm looking into.

I'm still searching for a solution to tracking these other than graph paper and brain power.... it hurts.

-Digi
    big picture of the map with a grid overlay?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    @Bobbydigi I may have caused some confusion but I'm not making a plot claim, the coordinates I listed I've already had for the better part of a few months. While I have plans for it that area of flattened ground I pointed out at x 287 z -739 is the biggest thing I've done with it thus far, I'm still scouting out land for a larger farm/gathering materials to create a manor house over the flattened ground. (As I mentioned elsewhere I still need like 40 slimeballs and I'm having trouble finding slimes)
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Photobucket

I would like to claim this spot along side SCLisi
    X -2421 Z -799 is the center of the claim but as you can see the map has not completly generated so dont have exact perimeters of claim
    We were thinking maybe a 500x500 claim
    edited April 2012
    I would like to claim an outland plot for Stoutshoe, in the frozen tundra at -40, -1625 and it's immediate surroundings. Probably a 200x200, with that coord at the center should be more than enough. Thanks!

Would also like to claim a 100x100 outland plot as a natural preserve, with the following corners;
    -1300, -1050
    -1200, -1050
    -1300, -950
    -1200, -950

Found this. It's a pretty awesome "maw of hell" kind of cave entrance. Want it kept safe.

Dude, that looks freaky awesome. Actually kinda reminds me of where my very first smp tunnels were. Ah nostalgia :`)
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I don't trust that pig. It must be a demon in disguise!
This discussion has been closed.