Expo Icrontic 2012

Comments

• No it's cool I hear ya man.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Don't forget to check out Google Flight for price comparisons.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    o hai guyz. i haz ticket, what i do with?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

-Digi
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    BOOOOOOYYYYEEEEEEE
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    awwwwwwwwwww snap
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Save 15% when you stay at any La Quinta Inns & Suites and use any American Express® Card. You'll also receive free high-speed Internet, free breakfast and a comfy pillow-top bed. La Quinta helps take care of you, so you can take care of business. Book now at LQ.com/AMX15.
    And now a word from... our sponsor...? o.O
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Just posted in case people wanted to stay at the La Quinta but didn't have AAA.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
  • You are an unfit mother.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    I'd pick you up from Windsor. It's closer than the airport. Unless you're talking about taking the train to Sarnia. That's a lot further, but I'd still do it.

Short answer: Do it. You'll get a ride.
    yeah windsor station
    also...
    wtf/lol you talkin to my gf and tryin to convince her to come with me! although yeah she is anglophone, she could translate my bad french-canadian english to regular english!

While at Expo Icrontic, enjoy the good times with an ice cold Sailor Jerry™ brand Spiced Rum and cola.

Remember, please drink responsibly.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    While at Expo Icrontic, enjoy the good times with an ice cold Sailor Jerry™ brand Spiced Rum and cola.

Remember, please drink responsibly.
    I'm all for a good time Lynx, but I'm not so sure getting really friendly with some Jerry guy I've never met is such a good idea.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Eff yeah Sailor Jerry. That can mostly only lead to good things... mostly.

Also, Krakken rum
    Eff yeah Sailor Jerry. That can mostly only lead to good things... mostly.

Also, Krakken rum
    Dat Jerry and Apple Cider!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    So much Jerry and Cider. So delicious, but such a rough morning after.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    You can keep Jerry and Captain I'm going to have to introduce
    Blackheart.
    They called her Blackheart. She was bold and bawdy. Cunning and cutthroat. Sexy and seductive. She fought like a man. She drank like a man, but she was every inch a woman. She had a body that entranced and a lusty look that turned boys into men and men into blubbering fools. Every man wanted her. Every woman wanted to be her. No man could resist her. But few could have her.

Are you bringing some Blackheart? I've been wanting to try it for awhile but can't find it out in California.
    I'm bringing a few bottles it beats the Captain hands down and a couple jars of lol well you'll see. Oh and cherries :)
    Y

They called her Blackheart. She was bold and bawdy. Cunning and cutthroat. Sexy and seductive. She fought like a man. She drank like a man, but she was every inch a woman. She had a body that entranced and a lusty look that turned boys into men and men into blubbering fools. Every man wanted her. Every woman wanted to be her. No man could resist her. But few could have her.

Kinda sounds like Anne to me lol

Awesome dude, looking forward to trying it (and everything else, of course)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Just curious why there was a surcharge on the price? I don't remember that before. My total for the ticket and airport was $50.67.
    I think Eventbrite adds a surcharge.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    When I set it up in years prior, I set it so we ate the surcharge. Brian happened to set it up this year and did it differently.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Ok, no problem, it was only a few dollars and I am already getting the subscriber discount so I wasn't too worried about it. See you all in June!!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Funny story. My parents trust my judgement and are letting me go, but wanted a little reassurance. So I went over it all and it did make em feel better about it but not till afterwords. In fact they were a little more unease first. To sum it up:

Parents: "So you want to go meet these people you've only met online, in the "basement" of a cafe in Detroit? One of the main organizers goes by "Primesuspect" and his real name (Ambrozy) sounds like he might be part of the Russian Mafia? .... "

Me: Ok, now you're just being paranoid.

Regardless I just need to spend some time planning and I should be good.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Ha, at least your rents are trusting your judgement my father's first response on the subject was: 'Tim you're a big guy and you're more than a match for most guys your size but in downtown Detroit there are little guys there who could fuck you up in seconds' my response was that the venue was in upscale Detroit and that I'm not likely to step foot in the hood.

Of course now he's coming around to it and (hopefully) the minute his work schedule eases up I can get him to call Prime.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    The venue is really nowhere near Detroit. It's in an alright, distant suburb.
    edited April 2012
    I'm Polish, not Russian.

I still cannot fathom the "You'll go to Detroit and get physically injured" fallacy. In my ENTIRE 34 YEARS OF LIFE HERE, amongst the THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE I PERSONALLY KNOW and the probably TENS OF THOUSANDS of people I know through those connections, I don't know a SINGLE PERSON that has been seriously injured as a result of a personal attack, robbery, mugging, carjacking, or otherwise. I know ONE guy who got into a fight at a bar in Detroit, it was 2:30 in the morning and they were all drunk.

ONE. THIRTY FOUR YEARS.

Fucking hell. It drives me crazy.

Tell your parents that we've been doing this for nine years and nobody has gotten killed, raped, shot, or carjacked yet.

Also: it's not in Detroit.