League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Canti Ahah, well she lives with me :L. Non-stop leveling.
    @Tushon Wow, thats a bit much for me. I have an image somewhere depicting how to cheat sleeping by timing your REM sleep multiples times a day (short naps) to maximize your leveling potential (Reminds me of my days grinding on my level 1 twink on WoW).
    I think you're referring to the "Uberman" schedule (20 mins every two hours for a total of 2 hours a day). Effing crazy, but cool if you can work it.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I know one guy who sleeps in hour and a half bursts throughout the day, it seems to work for him.

Personally I get around 5-6 hours of straight sleep and then nap for about an hour in the afternoon
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    @Canti Ahah, well she lives with me :L. Non-stop leveling.
    @Tushon Wow, thats a bit much for me. I have an image somewhere depicting how to cheat sleeping by timing your REM sleep multiples times a day (short naps) to maximize your leveling potential (Reminds me of my days grinding on my level 1 twink on WoW).
    I think you're referring to the "Uberman" schedule (20 mins every two hours for a total of 2 hours a day). Effing crazy, but cool if you can work it.
    test

Test failed, ignore me.

• I think you're referring to the "Uberman" schedule (20 mins every two hours for a total of 2 hours a day). Effing crazy, but cool if you can work it.
    Indeed, but with some variations, the image I remember had something like 5 methods. I'll go through my saved images one day, just sorta time consuming having over 3000 :S. Needless to say, I ended up getting over 100,000 Honorable Kills on my level 1 twink.

Back on topic, I'm on now if anyone wants to play ^^.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    I can't believe Riot released a patch that broke League THIS BADLY. It blows my mind. Broken chat end game, broken champ select, incorrect buddy list status reporting, broken team select, broken diktor. Effing Riot games. No other company would get away with incompetence like this.

Pressured to release a patch? BS. This is lazy programming. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Dammit, I saw that you posted right after that 10-0 leblanc game, and I was all like "OOH MAN LYNX IS GIVIN' ME PROPS YEAAAH"

and then you weren't.

MY NARCISSISM REFLEX IS TOO STRONK
    Bethesda gets away with it. They suck too.
    oh yeah, MYRMIDON WAS SO OP AS LEBLANC. IT WAS SICK no for real. melting ez in like two hits can't even finish his combo that crap was hilarious and OP.
    That's better, dammit.
    Jeez I can't believe Riot could fuck it up this much...oh wait nevermind I still remember the period of Karthus's and Ezreal's releases.

Of course the sad thing is, is that they can get away with it. Nobody is paying for a subscription to the game and the game itself is Free To Play (Or Free To Pay however you define it) so if Riot fucks it up they can simply claim (And they have done this before) bullshit like release pressuring etc etc.

It sucks and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it but they can and frankly they will.
    edited April 2012
    Y'know, I understand that the old 'free to play, so stop bitching' argument is tried and true and trite by now, but really... I've read some of the comments on the riot forums (that bleed into other forums and game chat), and this is getting out of hand.

I'm a little surprised at your comment just now. "bullshit like release pressuring?" Players were definitely bitching about the Hecarim patch not coming out. And what is this 'get away with it' stuff? Be honest: do you actually think they DON'T CARE that this happened? "BAAAAHAHAH! WE'VE MANAGED TO FUCK OUR PLAYER BASE IN THE ASS, AND THEY'RE NOTHING THEY CAN DO! WHO WILL HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE?! KAYLE? EVELYNN? AAAAAHAHAHAHA!"

The patch has been out two days and it was a hell of an undertaking. I'm sure they're real sorry that they couldn't stress test it by letting the entire playerbase use it at once, but there are some things you just don't have the resources to test. And, hell, there are some things a small company can't test for.

It's not like they're Microsoft or Bethesda, with huge programming teams releasing known bugs into the wild with little-to-no plan to fix them later. This is the company that gives the one-time refund on virtual currency, uses a form of democracy to knock out trolls, accepts pictures for in exchange for small RP amounts to purchase skins, and listens to their fan base more than any other company out there. Actually, now that I mention it, I'm surprised I don't hear people talking about how forward-thinking Riot is at times. You ever notice how you only hear the complaints?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this little oversight that spiraled out of control and left you with a perfectly playable game that suffers from out-of-game UI issues PROBABLY doesn't deserve all the rage that's being thrown at it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Having a game that's bugged to being nearly unplayable is actually self-punishment for Riot. Hopefully they have a fix roll out for the weekend.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I had a blast with @Preacher and company last night. I would like to do it again tonight if folks are interested.
    I dunno, I think my words are justified as a customer of any product. They should have at least rolled back to pre-Hecarim if they had this many issues at launch. They could have incubated the patch and fixed the real problems before deploying, and maybe give the Hecarim buyers some RP or something as an apology in the meantime. They have the capability of doing that, regardless of their size, and it doesn't expose their customers to an embarrassingly weak patch.

They may not have the ability to test the game on a large enough scale to foresee these issues, but now they know about them all. Rollback and fix. It's easy.

And I'll say again, Bethesda pisses me off just as much, because they're just as guilty. It's not a matter of how big the company's resources are, it's a matter of respecting customer base. We're seeing two different sides to that matter with these two studios.
    I'm actually curious about this. Is a rollback that easy to do? I ask merely for information, I simply don't know. Despite my stance on the rage, I agree - a temporary rollback would be nice.

Then again, if they can't test anything they fix, they'd be rolling back, then repatching for test, then rolling back again, right? Don't tell me THAT wouldn't be a pain in the ass.
    I can't comment of the actual technical details (I don't know lol), but you can remove things with a patch as easily as you can add things. They would simply just re-patch the game to remove all that was added or changed with the last patch, and deploy. Every users would download a new patch at client launch, and the offending errors would be removed for now.

Though you are right, continual rollbacks WOULD be a major pain. However, problems of this magnitude are infrequent, and these are the only kind of cases in which I think a rollback would be a good step.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    I had a blast with @Preacher and company last night. I would like to do it again tonight if folks are interested.
    Drunk Taric is best Taric.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

The new champ ain't got nothin on Riven.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I don't know why, but this made my day:

MORDE ES #1!
    Holy freaking crap that is incredible, I dare say that is possibly the best thing I've heard all day.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian

PENTAKILL PENTAKILL!!!!!!!!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    HOLY !@$# !!
    I can't even tell what was going on, but that was incredible.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited April 2012

Prolly old but omg you have to watch this whole thing.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I remember that game :) Nocturne was nasty :)
  • VincenzoCaponeVincenzoCapone Elkhart, Indiana New
    Just got league a little while back didnt realize how popular it was
    add me: vincenzo420
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I'm not sure if I should be in awe of this Nasus or *facepalming* the enemy team.

Top comment from the YouTube page:
    "One does not simply walk in and out of the enemy base with all turrets up and survive... oh wait..."