Everybody gets to play Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    that's nice... i pre-ordered it november 5th...
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Eh, I might check it out. Diablo's never really been my thing. Too much mouse.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    that's nice... i pre-ordered it november 5th...
    What did you think of beta? Personally, as someone who never played other Diablo games and whose only experience with dungeon crawlers is torchlight (unfinished), I didn't find it that intriguing.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I haven't even purchased Diablo3 yet, and with Guild Wars 2 around the corner, I just might not.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    What did you think of beta? Personally, as someone who never played other Diablo games and whose only experience with dungeon crawlers is torchlight (unfinished), I didn't find it that intriguing.
    I've never played the previous games. My friends (and an English teacher) have loved em and made it known. So when I got invited a few weeks ago I jumped in. Only qualms I've had with the beta is that it's so short but I can't expect them to give out most of the game now can I.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    I played D3 in a Beta round back in December, and honestly I had more fun playing Torchlight. D3 was pretty, but gameplay was meh, IMO.

Then again, it could just not be my bag. I wasn't super, super addicted to Torchlight either.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I played through the Beta and enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to the game.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The real shine will be co-op. If Torchlight had been Co-op, I'd still be playing it, instead of stopping after one run-through.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    It seems very easy to get a co-op game going. I am up for playing with anyone that wants to try it out. I do love the WoW style achievements.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    It is very easy to set up co-op. My gf and I was playing co-op last night.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    My bro downloaded the client and we played through the beta start to finish last night. Only downside is he took up most of the bandwidth while downloading so I couldn't join in on Friday Night TF2. My Battle Tag is the same as my username here if ya need/want an extra player.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    You guys can add me: bnguyen4252@gmail.com
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I downloaded the beta this afternoon AND... played for 30 minutes before they shutdown the servers. :-(
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    wohoo Beta has been extended!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I played for about 90 minutes last night. It was good, but I'm a little hesitant to pay $60 for a game...especially one that won't work if my internet connection drops.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    As someone who has enjoyed this series since it first came out years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed the beta and spent a good portion of my evening last night playing. I'm really looking forward to the release in May. My experience definitely leaves me pleased with my run this weekend.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I ended up playing for about 4 hours and played the Demon Hunter. Beat it and only died once when I failed to use some of the new skills against the boss.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I played for about 90 minutes last night. It was good, but I'm a little hesitant to pay $60 for a game...especially one that won't work if my internet connection drops.
    Silly Mertesn, everyone knows that only pirates loose internet connection.

;)
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Pirates or Canadians. (Bloody Rogers...)