Who are you?

1212223242527»

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Thanks for folding, John. Makes me very proud to see the project going after all these years.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    I'm proud of it also.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    Good to see you back jdii1215! I don't fold anymore that may change... Soon i hope. :o)
    Thanks, good to see you too and hope you fold again.
  • edited April 2012
    I go by X, I'm some dude from the internet (this all seems familiar) I'm a highschool graduate and am over the U.S. drinking age. I have not registered to vote nor do I intend to. I have not registered for selective service and am somehow getting away with it. I have very few interests or talents in life. I guess if I had to say... I think I am good at science, astronomy in particular I have taken a shine to. I can cook some rather good food as well, sometimes. I am your standard Otaku, but I maintain class in my residence is not plastered with ultra kawaii desu posters. Nor is my DVD collection separated from my other DVDs and meticulously organized. And I find other things to talk about, unless it is with another anime fan, then I geek the heck out. I'm huge into videogames but mostly through a casual approach. However I take competitive FPS games seriously, as I am pitting my skill against others. This has resulted in me being unchallenged by nearly everyone, even on xbox live. So I'm thinking I might be good enough to warrant getting into the MLG. Not for the money or "prestige" but I just for once want to feel like I earned that top place on the scoreboard. Instead it usually feels like I am striking an invalid with a stick.

My sense of humor may seem dry, dark, or offbeat at times. Or ridiculously sugary at other times. I am very whimsical and I swing from one extreme to the next, or anywhere in between. uhmmm... really don't know what else to say here. I'm of Sicilian descent so I have dark skin, brown eyes, and dishwater blonde hair. I am also barrel chested and beginning to pack on a few pounds which I need to re-lose. That's about all I am willing to divulge about myself online. Really I'm not all that important... what matters is that I am just some chill dude from the internet, you do not need to occupy your time thinking about anything else about me.

The less you know about me, the better. It makes me seem more mysterious and I like that :P
  • Hello Icrontic, I go by the name of Ego and this is my first post :). I have lurked Icrontic for a few months now, and believe I have found a community I am ready to settle down in; (I have never seen a nicer group of people!).

I am 18, but a computer enthusiast for years now. I believed I started doing repairs/housecalls around the age of 13 and haven't stopped learning religiously on a daily basis since then. Unfortunately I am cursed with living in Rural Ohio where the only internet option is Satellite (hah!), so it will be a few weeks before I can start contributing to the f@h team, as I currently tether my phone to a single pc at a time. (Hint: Just bought a 60ft tower and rented a bucket truck; broadband soon ;)! )

(I apologize for this rather lengthy, tl;dr post :/ )
    I will be folding with the various computers I own, and are as follows:
    i7 930 @ Stock w/ 2x GTX460 1GB SLI
    i7 920 @ Stock w/ 1x GTX460 1GB
    Phen ll 975 BE @ Stock w/ GTX275
    Athlon ll x3 @ Stock w/ ATI 6770
    (Laptop) Core2Duo (upgrading to quad soon) @ Stock (2GHz) w/ 260m

All CPU & GPUs are @ stock as I have no reason to OC them at the time being, (aside from the occasional pyrit@LAN cracking). Hopefully this hardware will help contribute a bit :) and I'd like to thank everyone for creating such an outstanding community!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Welcome @Ego and @Xaevryn :)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @Ego hardcore dude.

I lived in Gahanna from 1-9 years old.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    We're happy to have new folders ... and members ... but mostly folders!
  • @primesuspect Thanks :)
    @_k_ Ah, about 2 hours from me :). My situation is rather unfortunate :/ and despite getting broadband (I mean, it's better than phone tethering with 1 bar of 3G) it will only be a 1.5Mbps line.
    Can't wait to get the F@H started. Originally was going to do bitcoins and whatnot (and looked around to see if Icrontic had it's own miner pool), but this seems for a much better cause.
    bitcoins face diminishing returns anyways. science is forever!
  • @Tushon True, not too bad side money when you don't pay for electric though ;D, ~$80 USD if lucky a month.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    A big hello to Ego and Xaevryn. This time has been going for over 10 years. We value every new member!
  • RedDragonRedDragon CASSELBERRY, FL.
    hello to Ego and Xaevryn
    Hello and welcome to @Xaevern and @Ego .
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    I am a returning Icrontian. If I remember right, I was around on the old, original Icrontic, then SM, then back to here. Been a long time since I last checked in. Hosted a folding machine for awhile, if that matters. What else can I tells ya?
    I am a returning Icrontian. If I remember right, I was around on the old, original Icrontic, then SM, then back to here. Been a long time since I last checked in. Hosted a folding machine for awhile, if that matters. What else can I tells ya?
    That you are turning the folding box back on! :P

Welcome back!
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    The folding box IS actually still running, but not sure what account I have it going to (my own, or the group). It will however, soon be d'commed. 10 years is enough.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Welcome back, Bill!
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Name: Kenneth Alyass
    Occupation: If you call gaming a "Occupation" then I have the worlds best job.

Hi I'm Kenneth, you can call me Theironhand. I found icrontic a few months ago in December, and decided to make a account on March 2. I've been playing games for a long time, I'm mainly a console gamer, but I'm currently saving up for my gaming PC I plan to buy. I'm a complex person with many different alter egos. I have quite a collection of Xbox 360 games (57 currently) and still buying some and playing them (Even though my PS3 is my main console). I'm currently a writer at Gigagamers.com, and a 5 year member of the Role playing forums Nationstates.com.

I have alot of favorite games, but the ones I think belong in my gaming hall of fame are. Fallout 3, Call of duty: Black ops, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Elder scrolls V: Skyrim, All the civilization games, Sims city 4, and the Total war series.

I also might be going to this years Icrontic expo (since I live in Detroit, It is really close to me), it will depend if I'm able to get the money for my gaming PC.
  • one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
    edited May 2012
    Matt here. I started folding under a name I've long since forgotten a few years ago, partly because I believe F@H to be insanely noble, partly because I approve of the distributed computing concept, and partly because I like to watch the pictures of the proteins fold and turn. I just started up again under the name GG, (dedz to my recently deceased grandmother). I'm working on resurrecting a Macbook Pro, (thanks to Icrontic) with much more of a GPU, and which will not be used for any other reason, so I will be starting that machine up hopefully within the week.

Raised in Lancaster County, PA, then moved to Chester County. I have an Associates in Healthcare Management from DCCC and work evenings and weekends as an in-home nurse aide. I raise my two kids the rest of the time, at the time of posting my son is 4 years old and my daughter is almost a year and a half.

I enjoy golf, computers, the outdoors, (mlp), and books. Just finished The Pearl by John Steinbeck and now started on my grandmother's old copy of The Cosmos by Carl Sagan, which is apparently required reading for Internet people now.

Here's hoping F@H doesn't cause me to get too smug, or my machine to get too hot! Greetings to the lot of ya!
    Greetings and welcome!
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited August 2019
    Hello All. . I was talking with a friend of mine a while back and he brought up F@H. I remembered Icrontic had a team, so I figured it was about time I pitched in.
  • I started folding for the team recently because I currently don't need to worry about electricity bills and have my computer on for a large majority of the time :P Going by Cathartis, same as on here.

One question I have is though, whatever happened to the GPU client on the Folding website? The links all seem to just point to a page of old clients for incompatible computers. I have a fairly good graphics card (GTX 660) and figured that would be a better folding processor than just my cpu :/
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Not sure where you are seeing all of the old clients. You should be downloading and running this, assuming you are on windows. You will want to get a passkey because that will enable you to get bonus points for early completion of WUs.
    Cathartis
  • chairslayerchairslayer Emporia, KS Member

I'm finally back.
    Collin here. I've been folding since about '02-'03. Was introduce to F@H by sgstair while in school. Been folding for icrontic ever since. Took a long hiatus the past five years, but folding stronger than ever now. Avid gamer, anime fan.

primesuspectGargSonorous
  • sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian

:o amazing. Welcome back :)

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Gargoyle said (in June 2003):
    edit: I'm gonna replace mine sometime when I'm more awake. :)

I'll do it when I'm good and ready.

edited January 2020

Straight_Man is here folding again on a more powerful computer, my non-folding name is John Danielson. I am Team ranking 35.