.NET Framework 4 Security Update & "WindowsUpdate_800B010B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Science & Tech
I get fail & error messages when I try to complete windows updates for the following:

(KB2604121)
(KB2656368)
(KB2656405)

Failed 3 updates
Error(s) found:
Code 800B010B ...yada yada

Anyone else experience this and find a workaround?

I'm also getting something similar at home except the error code is slightly different as is the version of .NET.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    A couple of things to try:
    *Repair the existing .Net 4 installation then try to manually install the updates by downloading from the kb page
    *Repair windows installer
    *Two possible solutions here
    *Another possibly related solution

Probably want to dig up the log file they are referencing and find the "real" error.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Well that was at work. Now I am at home and I have a similar message. Too tired to type now but basically I have to security update failures for .NET 3.5.1 ....but I don't see that installed. I have .NET 4 ...WTF????????

Why is trying to updated security fixes to software that's not even installed? That's it. I'm uninstalling the internet.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Um.... The .NET 4.0's probably worked at home. I left .NET 3.5.1 installed, sorry no errors for that here so I can't tell you about how I fixed that. Office 2010 installed it for me again after I uninstalled before installing Office 2010 Home and Student. Seemingly, Windows works with multiple versions of .NET installed. FYI, I have Net 3.5.1, NET 4.0, and .NET 4.5 on the laptop here. They all get patched now and then.
    edited May 2012
    Well that was at work. Now I am at home and I have a similar message. Too tired to type now but basically I have to security update failures for .NET 3.5.1 ....but I don't see that installed. I have .NET 4 ...WTF????????

Why is trying to updated security fixes to software that's not even installed? That's it. I'm uninstalling the internet.
    In Win7 it is probably listed as a Windows component rather than in the initial Programs list.
    Um.... The .NET 4.0's probably worked at home. I left .NET 3.5.1 installed, sorry no errors for that here so I can't tell you about how I fixed that. Office 2010 installed it for me again after I uninstalled before installing Office 2010 Home and Student. Seemingly, Windows works with multiple versions of .NET installed. FYI, I have Net 3.5.1, NET 4.0, and .NET 4.5 on the laptop here. They all get patched now and then.
    Yes, they can all co-exist. They are used for segmenting the development space/features.
    I have Office 2010 at work and 2007 at home. I'm wondering how they would be affected if I uninstalled and then reinstalled?
    I'll try this at home first.
    Not affected as far as remove and reinstall. I don't know if it will break if you are running office while trying that.
    Actually ...yesterday there was some sort of patch thru MS updates for Office ...today everything is up-to-date suddenly for Windows Updates. So apparently they issued some sort of fix I assume. This is at work ...but at home this morning the issue still existed. I will tinker more tonight.
  • I won't be much help other than to empathize. .Net updates are the bane of my mortal existence.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    One more thing to try at home.... Run Microsoft Update, which picks up the Office updates AND Windows updates. It has done some .NET updating for me.
    still no workie for me. I've tried everything I can imagine.
    I disabled 3.5.1 and the issue went away. The only workaround I could find that worked.