IC Midwest: Tents get internet access, right?

2»

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @straight_man - My Stella is a pound mutt (elkhound + chow mix.....maybe??), so she came pre-named. Ironically, she's jet black ;) She's a good tent dog, except she's too smart for her own good, and can get out if you leave the tiniest crack in the zipper, after which she runs off and brings back, um, let's call them....presents.
    LOL @ presents. Its even funnier when the presents are alive...
  • Sites reserved.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Sites reserved.
    where at?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Sites reserved.
    where at?
    Mark Twain http://www.marktwaincave.com/mtc_campground.html
    So, who all is coming for sure? I plan on getting my tent out and test setup on Thursday (when I get back from Milwaukee) and taking inventory of all the stuff I plan to bring.

If someone is short of something, I suggest posting here as I (or someone) will likely have extra.
    I'm still a maybe Sat night - Monday
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Work has neither confirmed nor denied my request off. But it's looking like slim chances for me, I'll update you all when the schedule is released.
    @Winfrey @Canti @upslynx gotta make it! Gonna be awesome to see you guys.. Before EPIC!

@koreish and @fatcat sounds like maybes due to work, hope to see you there...

@Malia @tiberiuslazarus and myself at in. Anyone else?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I will know 100% for sure after I go home this weekend. It's looking like I should be able to go.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    It's a no go for me.
    Ok, as long as I can get back to Springfield on Monday in a timely manner, I'll be in attendance. Gonna try to hook up with people in Columbia then go together.

Turns out my mom's side of the family is doing their Family Reunion on Memorial Day Weekend (LOL), but I've convinced people that I need to see my icrontic family instead :)
  • @winfrey Excellent. What time do you think you'll be to Columbia on Friday? And what time do you need to be back to Columbia on Monday?

@koreish Less excellent. Actually, the opposite of excellent.
    I can arrive in Columbia when it is most convenient. I'd like to be back in Columbia before late afternoon. So like, before 4pm.
  • @Winfrey If you want to shoot for around 4pm tomorrow. That'll give us time to get a bite to eat if we want, let you avoid rush hour traffic between jeff city and columbia, and put us at the campground around 6:30-7.

@cannonfodder @malia What time are you thinking you'll be down?

With 5 of us we can drop one of the site reservations and just add an extra person onto one site (4$/day vs 20$).
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    @tiberiuslazarus: We are apparently bringing a friend, so that will bring the total to 6. Check with @cannonfodder for details tho, bc I only know this via txt....

The current plan is that we'll leave dbq around 3-3:30, which teh google says will put us at the campground around 8pm. Hopefully it will still be light enough to set up the tent without too much disaster :)
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    @malia The count of 5 was with Other Ryan being added. Unless there is another another person. Even so, As long as we don't need more than two tents it will be cheaper to just have one site with additional people.

Also, google seems to show the drive as 4hrs from dbq. And with the way @cannonfodder drives, you just might beat us there :)

Also, also, sunset looks to be around 8:20pm. Plenty of time to get things set up.
    @tiberiuslazarus: ok good, that's who I meant - last I had heard there was still the potential for bobby or greg for at least part of the weekend, so I assumed you were counting them :)
    I personally would keep the extra site just to keep annoying kids off my lawn
    en-route to casa de jimmy, see you guys soon.
    leaving work, en route to MO as well.
    Twas a fun time had by all. Not even a brief downpour on Monday dampened our spirits. Great to meet @malia and Second Ryan :)
    @winfrey - all the hype about the "awesomeness of Winfrey" was totally true. was a pleasure to meet you, too :)