window 7 prof 64 bit 2 GB

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited June 2012 in Hardware
window 7 prof 64 bit 2 GB

how come my computer runs so slow with 2 GB of RAM and RAM usage is always 55%

i dont even have much Programs running only AVG like my Windows XP 32 bit runs faster this window 7

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Because Windows 7 is designed for computers that aren't almost 15 years old. If you want to run Windows 7, use a Windows 7-era PC.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I have 8 GB of ram and my usage when I'm on the internet is 18%, when I'm playing TF2 or minecraft it's 22%.
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    im on a i7 computer i did have 8 GB of RAM but i had to RMA it to Corsair for replacement so i put a 2 GB for back up
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The pretties of Win7 come at a memory price. It is designed to have 4GB+ (the standard when it was released)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    right click your desktop, select personalize and choose the windows classic theme. Should help some until you get your memory back.
    but is it normal to have 55% RAM useage Even with 8 GB i get 55% RAM useage
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I doubt that, but you'll have to be more specific. Whenever it gets back, sort by memory usage and screenshot.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Windows 7 has a dynamic memory management model that will automatically cache frequently-used system and user files in RAM for faster access times. This cache will be flushed automatically when the user access an application that isn't cached. Memory usage in Windows 7 is not indicative of system performance, unless the RAM is near to capacity (e.g. 85% or higher).
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Yup, it's better to have more things in memory (as long as you're not full) - memory access is significantly faster than HDD access.
    yea when i load programs it go's to 100% Useage then it will say Physical Memory Free 0

i guess ill just have to wait for my RMA returns
    right click your desktop, select personalize and choose the windows classic theme. Should help some until you get your memory back.
    its already on Classic Theme but thanks for the Tips 8-D
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Windows 7 has a dynamic memory management model that will automatically cache frequently-used system and user files in RAM for faster access times. This cache will be flushed automatically when the user access an application that isn't cached. Memory usage in Windows 7 is not indicative of system performance, unless the RAM is near to capacity (e.g. 85% or higher).
    Came here to say this.

Also, Vista and 7 exposed a lot of bad RAM because of this. Hundreds (reported, probably thousands actually had it) of people had to replace RAM that they never new was bad because XP's memory management model was completely different.