• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Do you still have to buy Arma II?
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    @Thrax Yes.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Do you still have to buy Arma II?
    Yeah.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I have Arma 2, but I haven't got Combined Ops yet. Waiting for it to go on sale first. I want to play this badly.
    I'm currently downloading Combined Ops, 96%.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    On the note of ARMA2 I finally have a rig capable of running it and I know that server population is sparse but does anyone want to play it sometime.

I also appear to have Combined Operations (It was the dual pack I bought when I first bought the game) So anyone up for that as well that'd be awesome.
    On the note of ARMA2 I finally have a rig capable of running it and I know that server population is sparse but does anyone want to play it sometime.

I also appear to have Combined Operations (It was the dual pack I bought when I first bought the game) So anyone up for that as well that'd be awesome.
    I never played it, the real reason I even bought it was because to play Day Z, if you want to play Day Z or Arma 2 sometime that would be awesome.
    I just started playing it, its very, very hard. I died 4 times, but luckily this time I found a pistol and was able to defend myself. Right now I'm inside a warehouse with only 6 bullets left wondering what to do.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Whatever you do, always keep 1 bullet in reserve. Just in case.
    1 bullet may not be enough. Anyways so far I ran out of the warehouse, attracting a couple zombies, I took them down, only having 3 bullets left. I was lucky enough to find a double barrel shotgun with some ammo laying around.

Now I'm well equipped to handle to zombie horde, YAY! Until I run into a group of players....
    So is the 'free for all deathmatch' description I keep hearing accurate? Many people have complained that it's less about zombie survival and more about PvP survival these days.
    edited July 2012
    So is the 'free for all deathmatch' description I keep hearing accurate? Many people have complained that it's less about zombie survival and more about PvP survival these days.
    Not really, the only players I ran across is a dead one (and the server is full). Zombies still seem to be the biggest threat. But I do think there are hot spots around the map where it is mainly PVP.

And to be honest there is not that many zombies...well for the size of the map there should be more, but I think it varies from server to server.
    edited July 2012
    Derp dis post.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    1 bullet may not be enough.

*woosh* That was the sound of you missing the joke.
    Creeperbane2
    1 bullet may not be enough.

*woosh* That was the sound of you missing the joke.
    I don't get it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    The bullet is for yourself, so you can commit suicide instead of being zombified. I didn't realize it was supposed to be a joke until he pointed it out, either.
    Sp00nmanCreeperbane2
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The last bullet is for yourself.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    You guys haven't seen enough zombie movies if you didn't get that immediately...or maybe I've seen too many.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Less joke, more "real life zompocalypse finisher advice" (survival wasn't the right word)
    oh, now I get it. It would make sense....but I rather go out with a bang, like strapping grenades to myself.....
    Well now I thought I was well equipped, a jeep drove down the road while I was in a hunters outpost, it stopped and 4 guys came out all equipped with ak-47s, surveying the area in a organized fashion and then leaving....
    I hear some epic stories of these roving bands of bandits that cruise around and wreak havoc.

I recently saw a video of a small group hidden up on a mountain, and they had spotters up a road watching for players. When they spotted an incoming jeep on the road, they prepared an ambush at a small down at the base of the mountain. As the jeep came through they sprang the attack and took the jeep out in an incredibly coordinated attack. Looted the bodies/jeep and then peaced out. As a player, this is both incredibly frustrating and terrifying.
    I'm sure we could assemble a crack team of zombie killers and kick some serious arse.

Just one thing, if we ever find some big ass machine guns can I PLEASE use it? I love those things.
    I hear some epic stories of these roving bands of bandits that cruise around and wreak havoc.

I recently saw a video of a small group hidden up on a mountain, and they had spotters up a road watching for players. When they spotted an incoming jeep on the road, they prepared an ambush at a small down at the base of the mountain. As the jeep came through they sprang the attack and took the jeep out in an incredibly coordinated attack. Looted the bodies/jeep and then peaced out. As a player, this is both incredibly frustrating and terrifying.
    Yes most of the things we do are very well organized, you can't just run it guns blazing and expect to hit something, and most likely you'll get sniped in the process. The game is all about keeping a low profile and planning your next move.

I'm sure we could assemble a crack team of zombie killers and kick some serious arse.

Just one thing, if we ever find some big ass machine guns can I PLEASE use it? I love those things.
    That would be awesome! Expect if we use machine guns we'll alert every single zombie and player in the area....
    And guns are very hard to find.

I also started playing with these group of players (2), we've been playing for 8 hours straight, so far I'm loaded with a AK-47 with 7 clips and lots of supplies, we're deep inland searching for a vehicle and maybe a place for an HQ.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I tried DayZ right after it launched. It was the middle of the night both here and ingame. Never saw anyone, human or zombie. Never got to a town, just ran around the mountains like a headless chicken. Still scared the crap out of me. Will download again and maybe stay up late if you guys wanna play.
    I tried DayZ right after it launched. It was the middle of the night both here and ingame. Never saw anyone, human or zombie. Never got to a town, just ran around the mountains like a headless chicken. Still scared the crap out of me. Will download again and maybe stay up late if you guys wanna play.
    Lol, I turned down the music because it scared me, and once you get into a group and figure out where the good loot is, it gets pretty easy.

And if you guys want to get on and play sometime that would be awesome.
    So I put ARMA2 CO back up on my PC, if you want to play DayZ sometime just shoot me a pm or something.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    Some random DayZ shenanigans:

Group of pubs attempt to kidnap a new player in a bus

Random dude keeps saying 'nonononononono' and running around - voicechat ingame works in that if you're within earshot of another player, you can speak to them. He's creeping these guys out because all he's doing is talking and running - around the 3:10 mark he starts doing it to the Jaws themesong and then howls like a wolf at the end - hilariously random.

HEADPHONE WARNING: Kyle is on a hill a ways away, 2 random dudes have been lured up to the top of a belltower in a coordinated effort to make it look like a 'random shooter' (Kyle) is sniping them, when in reality Destiny and Kyle are working together to loot the bodies of their two victims.
    edited July 2012
    My first hour in the game I have spent running from zombies while bleeding to death (Bugger ambushed me while I was grabbing snacks in a gas station) which is cool by the way your screen begins going dark and then you eventually collapse and just start pulling yourself. As well as getting gunned down by a group of players who managed to find a helicopter...and all I was trying to do was escape the zombies and get to a nearby farm house.

Also I don't know where to find weapons and I don't know why my flashlight wont work cant use bandages etc. Think I need to play with people who have survived past stage 1.