New case looking at the Corsair Obsidian 650D

MJOMJO Denmark New
edited June 2012 in Hardware
Hi

I am looking at a new case for my rig.
At present I have an Antec 902 V3, and it is just to small and cramped.
Especially when using two AMD 6970 in crossfire. I cannot add any more drives and there are wires everywhere.
Awful case :) mostly because it is too narrow i think

But the Obsidian 650D should be a bit wider and better accommodate the drives and 6970's.
I have also looked at the 800D big tower. But I feel that it is to big and too expensive for my taste.
I am also considering adding water cooling to the CPU and the 650D is ideal in that regard. It is ready for the Corsair H100 radiator and heat sink.

But have I overlooked any good cases out there?
I have had a soft spot for the Corsair Obsidian for quite a while. But maybe something new has been released?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I have the 650D and it is AWESOME. The only case that's better is the Silverstone FT-02.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    The Silverstone case also looks very interesting. The motherboard is orientated differently. Can't figure out where the outputs for DVI etc. are located?
    I think I will stick with the 650D, that is a bit more mmm.... traditional. :) I will order it in a couple of days, can't wait. :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    The Silverstone FT-02 has better cooling than the 650D, but it's more expensive. That's the tradeoff. The outputs are on the top of the case, channeled towards the rear by a mesh cover and some guide rails.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    I went for the 650D paired with a H100 cooler. Should be a nice upgrade compared to my Antec 902 V3 and a Cooler Master V8.
    Hope I can run a 4,9 GHz without problems then. :)
    I have tested it and it was stable earlier, but a little to hot.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    Oh no my H100 was DOA.
    Installed everything in the new case along with the H100.
    RPM was reported to be between 100-300 RPM and is supposed to be 2000 RPM when the pump is working.
    CPU reached 87 degrees and then everything shut down.
    I am now running with the old HSF fortunately everything is still working.