6950 Temp

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited July 2012 in Hardware
im just wondering when i play Space marines the TEMP go's to 88C is that too hot for this card?? oh and FAN speed at 63%

what temperature should it be at??? i google some info people say it should be around 70 to 85??? for a gCard?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Ok, probably not too hot for a modern card, no, if the temps do not stay there for many hours(marginal, not disastrously hot). What is gCard temp when you are not playing Space Marines, about 73C?
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    oh and my GPU fan is clean
    average all my games go's to 83C like BAttlefield 3 Alan awak etc
    Ok, games with higher graphics ability and settings set higher work a card hotter, so it is possible your game graphics settings are a bit too high for the card to stay as cool as in less graphically challenging games like BF3. Sounds like I would not play Space Marines at highest graphics setting for more than 3-4 hours before switching to doing something else for a while.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    BF3 is a pretty damn graphically challenging game and consistently produces some of the highest temps I have seen on my video card, running a 5850 and I get to about 72C on average
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You can raise the fan profile in software (should be available in the integrated stuff AMD puts out) to decrease that at the expense of sound.
    so i should keep my GPU to 72C??? my CCC is all on Defaults right now
    I would say change the fan profile to max out at 85 or so and you should never actually see that
    max out the fan it is soo loud
    I wouldn't rely on the default/auto detect for the fan. Try running at 65%, you will get used to the increased sound pretty quick.
    when i use GPU-z should i be looking at Highest Reading or Avgerage Reading?
    Post both temps
    Avgerage Reading 71
    Highest Reading 87
    Lowest reading 40
    any ideas guys 8-D

when i use GPU-z should i be looking at Highest Reading or Avgerage Reading? <---?
    I personally use average, and note that if it starts to climb a lot beyond good levels I tend to troubleshoot graphics or case fanning or both. Your average is acceptable.
    Tushon said:

I would say change the fan profile to max out at 85 or so and you should never actually see that