windows 7 is starting..... takes 2 min to get into windows

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited July 2012 in Science & Tech
windows 7 is starting..... takes 2 min to get into windows why dose it do that??

it started happening when i got the new microsoft Update is there a fix for this???

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Was it one single update, or did you get a batch of them at once?

Also, we will need a LOT more information than that to even get started.

Check Event Viewer. Are there any error messages stamped around your startup time in the System or Applications logs?

Check Device Manager. Is anything showing up with a yellow triangle?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Also, what programs do you have that launch at startup? Any one of them could be the culprit, or you could simply have too many of them and their net effect is a slow startup.
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member

Was it one single update, or did you get a batch of them at once?

Also, we will need a LOT more information than that to even get started.

Check Event Viewer. Are there any error messages stamped around your startup time in the System or Applications logs?

Check Device Manager. Is anything showing up with a yellow triangle?

there was 10 microsoft Update and there no Yellow triangle

it was just 1 single Update
    ardichoke said:

Also, what programs do you have that launch at startup? Any one of them could be the culprit, or you could simply have too many of them and their net effect is a slow startup.

startup programs i only got AVG nothing else
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    sometimes immediately after a WU it takes a while to install before windows starts. does it continually slow after several reboots?
    Butters said:

sometimes immediately after a WU it takes a while to install before windows starts. does it continually slow after several reboots?

from what i noticed every moring the FIRST time i boot up my computer it takes MEGA long time....

but if i restarted my computer its fast... so it only happens in First time boot up in the moring