Day-Z Discussion

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Oh Lord, that get in the bus video is HILARIOUS.

I wish Combined Arms would just go on sale already, I want to play this :/
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Oh Lord, that get in the bus video is HILARIOUS.

I wish Combined Arms would just go on sale already, I want to play this :/
    THIS
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Alright we really have to get a group together for this.

I was running along a roadway with a happy grin on my face, in the last town as luck would have it I found a fire axe and managed to loot a revolver and 2 spare cylinders off a survivor I 'murdered' (Truth be told they were crouched over a corpse and I thought they were a zombie right up until they yelled stop hacking me with the axe) However along the road I found another town a small rural community I thought would be ripe for finding foodstuffs and canteens I was in sore need of. I was doing fine right up until I got stuck in a house with at least 15 zombies running after me I started bleeding and then they ate me.

Seriously this game is awesome but your chances of surviving on your own is almost zero. A group I think would increase our chances by at least 20%
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I'll be buying on the next CO sale, as well.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Yeah we should setup a group! Right now I'm fully armed to take on anybody but I would need support.
    Each building has different loot types. Such as military tents and hanger contain weapons and ammo, while buildings contain food and other residential stuff and also STUDY the map, you'll need to.
    I've been finding a lot of weapons recently in fact just 30 minutes ago I found an industrial area with a large tower in the center, inside I found a ton of weapons stashed on the top floor (Lee Enfielf AK-47, etc.) I'm guessing it was either a trap or someones stash because the minute I left with the loot a player put a bullet through my head.
    Well here's a pic from last nights game play.

This one was when I was trapped on top of town hall, a sniper shot me twice and I was down to 2k blood. I stayed up there for 45min looking for him, I finally stood up and a bullet ends up in my face.

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    So I finally got ARMA2 and Day Z and was poking around a little bit, and it's intense! Definitely want to coordinate playing sometime.
  • A group of us have started hanging out on 'US 1237'. We've all gotten pretty decently stocked and managed to mostly group up.

Pics from a couple nights ago: http://imgur.com/a/T1Bfj
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Why is he climbing the Tower!? I must know!

-Digi
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    pragtastic
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

I must know!

-Digi

Get used to disappointment

edited July 2012

A group of us have started hanging out on 'US 1237'. We've all gotten pretty decently stocked and managed to mostly group up.

Pics from a couple nights ago: http://imgur.com/a/T1Bfj

Awesome! I'd love to play with you guys sometime.

And Digi, there's quite a lot of loot to be found on top, when I got up there, there were 4 backpacks, an En-field, and loads of food. lol, I was talking about town hall....
    Hah, that tower totally needed to be climbed! Hell, my first day out and I saw a lighthouse out on a small rocky island, so before anything else I HAD to climb that mother.
    I want to get in on this soon. I finally have all the necessary pieces to play.
    edited July 2012
    I climbed a dock crane once, it was horrible...

Especially because I tried to crawl to the edge and ended up falling off, breaking both my legs and getting eaten by zombies...
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2012

To kill or not to kill....

I also found a bear trap.

While out of water and running from zom, I saw a bunny on the shore, pivoting oddly to move itself instead of hopping.

Also, just said eff it and respawned next to one of the major cities and just waltzed right in, finally found a weapon and a drink.
  • More pictures. This mod really is excellent fun.

http://imgur.com/a/vjiY2
    pragtasticTheironhand
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • When I come back from NC I may be interested in joining you guys again. It is just really frustrating trying to play catch up with a bunch of people that are halfway across the world. It is even more frustrating when you die multiple times during that catch up.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee New Zealand Member
    loving DayZ! Been playing here on NZ servers, it takes a bit to get used to. Viewing online vids helps a lot! Check these ones out...
    Video Link
    DayZ Map

Valuable Links to Keep track of! Once you figure out where you are on the map, you can figure out where to go for good loot.
    And find yourself a hatchet, such a good Z killer :D

Run to new lootable building, lead zeds to the choke point (doorway) and hack away at them as they try to come in.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Man, someone in that video sucks at synchronized rolling.
    That's incredible.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Its awesome that you're so low on blood that its black and white video :D
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    So I actually haven't played Day-Z but I've spent a lot of time listening to Prag, Cannon, Tiberius, and Annes talk about Day-Z. Could I have a proxy Day-Z badge?