Icrontic Oktoberfest 2012 planning

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    It would be sweet if you could post a list of limited and seasonal stuff available that time. Of course, I'll want Oktoberfest tho.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    @FDS has your Boulevard covered, sweet!

If you have any requests for ICOK for RootWyrm's Beer Delivery Service, please post over here. Please note that the list of available beers WILL CHANGE between now and ICOK, and I won't be picking up most until a few days before I leave for ICOK at the earliest.
    I will gladly deliver ANY Cleveland area brewery which offers growlers, but anyone other than Heinen's tap shop, GLBC, Thirsty Dog, or Cornerstone Brewing add $1 for delivery (they're all at least 45 minutes away) and whatever they charge for Growlers.

So far I have:
    UPSLynx: Thirsty Dog Siberian Night, Growler (halves w/me!)
  • FDSFDS Missouri
    edited August 2012
    MAGIC said:

It would be sweet if you could post a list of limited and seasonal stuff available that time. Of course, I'll want Oktoberfest tho.

We can do this. We'll get a round up of what seasonal's are available closer to event including the famous Smokestacks. Our Oktoberfest beer is called Bob's '47 Oktoberfest
    mertesn said:

@FDS, are you able to get any varieties that aren't distributed nationwide?

I see you are in Oklahoma, and I would presume everything we distribute here in Missouri is the same as there. Are you driving or flying? We will post what we have available before event.

Unfiltered Wheat and Bully! Porter are year-round beers, so no issue getting those :)

Cheers
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    FDS! why you no call? stay out of the pony threads :p

also, IN!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Thrax said:

WHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

qft
  • FDSFDS Missouri
    Also Ladies in Gentlemen, we have a new brew this year!

http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/80-acre-hoppy-wheat-beer/

fatcat said:

FDS! why you no call? stay out of the pony threads :p

also, IN!

Why you no visit Kansas City?

pony?

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    FDS said:

mertesn said:

@FDS, are you able to get any varieties that aren't distributed nationwide?

I see you are in Oklahoma, and I would presume everything we distribute here in Missouri is the same as there. Are you driving or flying? We will post what we have available before event.

Unfiltered Wheat and Bully! Porter are year-round beers, so no issue getting those :)

Cheers
    I'll be flying, possibly with more homebrew in tow (though significantly less than at Expo).
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Well of COURSE I'm coming.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    @FDS I will bring your choice of ANYTHING I can get if you can bring me Boulevard Dry Stout. Y/N?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am IN. Not sure if flying or driving, probably depends on @susurro and @malia's plans.

I am IN. Not sure if flying or driving, probably depends on @susurro and @malia's plans.

are @susurro and @malia in as well or maybes?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Both are maybes AFAIK
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Eli and I are in. No idea whether or not we are flying or driving. If the prices stay they way they are, driving for sure. Stupid Delta.
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    In...as long as i can find a flight from st louis to dtw on sat. Srsly, who decides the best time for an industry conference is over halloween weekend??
    malia said:

In...as long as i can find a flight from st louis to dtw on sat. Srsly, who decides the best time for an industry conference is over halloween weekend??

$89-152 on Southwest.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    In.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    in for Saturday night and Sunday morning.
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    Eli and I are in. No idea whether or not we are flying or driving. If the prices stay they way they are, driving for sure. Stupid Delta.
    I would be down for riding one way with you guys(there). That is probably the only way I could pull it off.
    Of course that also depends on when you would be leaving VA.
    @Dunigan - where the hell are you, guy? If we drive we'll likely leave Wednesday, but let us know your schedule. We're ridiculously flexible.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    DO IT. DRIVE DUNIGAN. WE ALL NEED THIS.

I think we're all suffering from Peter Pan envy.
    @Annes I live in Norfolk, VA now. I think I could do Wednesday. I am trying to get my leave approved. It's all dependent on that right now.
  • Wait, I didn't "in" yet... That seems weak. Sign me up !
    FDS said:

Also Ladies in Gentlemen, we have a new brew this year!

http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/80-acre-hoppy-wheat-beer/

@FDS, I'd love a six pack of 80 Acre.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Annes, if I were to go what's the possibility of leaving and coming back to VA with ya?
    edited August 2012
    I will be bringing this very limited edition bottle that has been aging in my basement for 3 years.

these currently sell for $60 - $170 online.

We can discuss the tasting when #ICOK gets closer :)
    FDS
    Almost makes me wish I hadn't consumed mine soon after purchasing.

Almost.
    edited August 2012
    mertesn said:

Almost makes me wish I hadn't consumed mine soon after purchasing.

Almost.

I bought 5 bottles of the original batch. Drank two at ICHQ, one here and one was a gift to a friend.

'77 was the year I was born, so this bottle (7700) was put in the basement. It was bottled in FEB'09 after being in a bourbon barrel for a year. So it actually is 4 years old. It has a "DRINK BY DATE" of OCT'12 so #ICOK seems the perfect time to open :)
    @JBoogaloo Let's chat about that post-ICRenn - I need to get through that beast first :)