The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    I just tried adding a new thread, no weird message. So far seems like a random, one-time deal. I did not clear my cache between these two attempt, but I will proceed to do so now, just to stay on the safe side.
    @lincoln please delete my test thread, sorry for the inconvenience.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    1) Supermods don't have permissions in the GW2 forum

2) Stickying a thread duplicates it, but deleting the duplicate deletes both.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Thrax said:

1) Supermods don't have permissions in the GW2 forum

Fixed, mostly because there is no more "supermod" role. There's admins, community leaders, and gaming leaders. You're a community leader, which didn't have permissions in that forum. I fixed it.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    @Thrax It's not really a duplicate, it's grabbing the same data twice. Noted. Yes, definitely don't attempt to delete either.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

Thrax It's not really a duplicate, it's grabbing the same data twice. Noted. Yes, definitely don't attempt to delete either.

You guys referring to the fact that it lists the announcement as an announcement at the top of the page but then also lists the post in the regular timelined list of posts?

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Yes, that's to what they're referring.
  • When trying to edit the thumbnail for my profile picture: "Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (/storage/websites/icrontic.com/uploads/userpics/268/pYMV5MYC5G1VH.JPG)."
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    MomOfRose said:

When trying to edit the thumbnail for my profile picture: "Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (/storage/websites/icrontic.com/uploads/userpics/268/pYMV5MYC5G1VH.JPG)."

ditto

You can fix it if you upload a new avatar. A workaround for now.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    The quote/reply button seems to have disappeared with the Vanilla Reactions update.
    The photo resizing issue should be fixed now.
    mertesn said:

The quote/reply button seems to have disappeared with the Vanilla Reactions update.

Back now, next to the Reactions.

• Notifications used to clear just by going to one's user profile activity page (by clicking on your username in the upper right). For the notification I just received for a badge I had to go to http://icrontic.com/profile/notifications (done by first going to profile as above, and then clicking the notifications link under the image on the left) before the notification would go away.
    pragtastic
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    In long private conversations, the previous text can be completely hidden behind the "show older messages" link. Not a serious issue, just slightly annoying.
    It also appears that user titles are not updating when changed.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    That was a previous bug as well.

There's also no space (at least on dark theme) between the user title and the user... ranks, I guess? I.e. Jimmy's looks like

What a dickSupporter, Gaming Leader

And Cannon's:

EnginerdMember, Supporter

While it also happens to be true that Jimmy is a major dick supporter and Cannon is an enginerd's member, I think these were unintended happy consequences of a small bug.
    mertesnRyanFodderprimesuspect
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Don't judge me!
    Straight_Man
    Snarkasm said:

That was a previous bug as well.

There's also no space (at least on dark theme) between the user title and the user...

Says 'The PhotographerMember, Supporter'

I didn't know there was a market for member supporters specifically for photographers ;-)

(It's happening on default theme also)

-Digi
    Flagging a post works on registered users' comments, but fails for guest users. All I get is a small box with an x in it.
    Unordered list items in comments show up differently in article view and discussion view:

Forum view (expected):

Article view (unexpected):
    Also attached images seem to behave weirdly too (see previous comment)
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Scrolling over a post with the highlight from 5 awesome votes causes the page to lag.
    Canti said:

Scrolling over a post with the highlight from 5 awesome votes causes the page to lag.

This is most noticeable in larger posts like the DayZ thread.

-Digi

@Lincoln, now that you have changed the names of the votes, Awesomesauce overlaps with Lulz where the totals display on the profile pages.

-Digi
    Y'know it's amazing how much less anemic the "Who's Online" section looks when I turn up the timeout to something reasonable instead of 60 seconds. :rolleyes:
  • Oh hey, how bout that. There are people logged into icrontic?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

Y'know it's amazing how much less anemic the "Who's Online" section looks when I turn up the timeout to something reasonable instead of 60 seconds. :rolleyes:

That does look much better, I wondered why only 3 people were quite often logged in.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It appears that the upper bar does not reappear when editing (formatting stuff, easy links, etc). Cache or bug?
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Here's a transcript (out of laziness) of a message i sent to Brian:
    Unsure who i have to inform about this, but since the change of the ic site (achievements thing-ima-bob), it's messy when viewed on iphone (and prob other device, ima try on my psp for fun later). I cant imagine im the only icrontian viewing this on my phone. To be clear, so far it seems to be only the profile pages that are messy.
  • Not sure what you mean by "messy"... the "Reactions" portion of the site is pretty bad on my phone when in portrait mode (The reaction counts overlap each other quite a bit), but everything looks fine otherwise. Also, it looks just fine in landscape.