All but confirmed: TF2 Mann Vs Machine update coming

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Have you also noticed that there've been morse code sounding beeps playing on the main TF2 screen after logging in? I think that's new and may have something to do with this.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I've not noticed. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

-Digi
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    MANN GOV CONSPIRACY!!
  • BuddyJPeter Gill Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    MOAR Bot info today!

http://www.teamfortress.com/gray/

Clicking the blood splatter on the TF2 logo reveals this.

No. 801 - BOT?!?

/me puts on his foil hat
    BuddyJ
  • So Gray Gravel, Co. is American?
  • brightbright Icrontian
    We need less Americans in TF2.
    edited August 2012
    New hidden link on TF2 homepage: http://www.teamfortress.com/mannwill/

Also rumored that the Capacitors are wearable now. Launching game to confirm now.

Edit: Confirmed. Capacitors can now be equipped on all classes in the misc slot. There does not seem to be any visual change to the classes when you do this.

-Digi
    Large tanks were added to the sky boxes of 2Fort, Badwater, Doublecross, and Granary yesterday, I just checked one out. Also there are reports of capacitor wearers using the High Five taunt producing messages such as:
    Scout: Did you hear the story from 1128 where Candy Cane, Madame Dixie, Lucky Shot, Dalokohs Bar, Buzz Killer, Dead Ringer, Whiskered Gentleman, Dr. Whoa, and the Administrator walked into a bar?
    Demoman: Did you hear the story from 1232 where Towering Pillar of Hats, Big Elfin Deal, Fishcake, Eureka Effect, Assist, Atomizer, Destruction PDA, Archimedes, and the Administrator walked into a bar?
    Pyro: Did you hear the story from 1268 where Cadaver's Cranium, Hound Dog, Lollichop, Waxy Wayfinder, Triad Gangster, Tam O' Shanter, Dead Ringer, Wrap Battler, and the Administrator walked into a bar?
    Also seems I had the code on the bottom of the capacitor wrong. It's actually 07180125, translates to Gray. This matches with the hidden page BuddyJ pointed out above and the name of the third son of Zepheniah Mann. It looks like the story is going to pan out that Gray has put together a third team composed of robots.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    If you noticed back in the Engi update when the Engineer's grandfather built the "eternal life" machines, he built 3, but the name of the 3rd person he made one for was missing.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Nothing new, but a good summary:

edited August 2012
    The TF2 community is amazing when it comes to these sort of things... Here is command central: http://xkeeper.net/private/portal/tf3.php

Edit: Through chatting with the players on the suggested server, it looks like each player gets a code from 3 different classes.

Mine were:
    Pyro says: Did you hear the story from 1291 where Persian Persuader, Scottish Snarl, Loch-n-Load, Brainiac Hairpiece, Scottish Resistance, Claidheamh Mor, Cart, German Gonzilla, and the Administrator walked into a bar?

Sniper says: Did you hear the story from 1212 where Can of Captain Dan's Army Surplus Soup, Killing Gloves of Boxing, Flamboyant Flamenco, Archimedes, Big Chief, Market Gardener, and the Administrator walk

Engineer says: Did you hear the story from 1280 where Head Warmer, Holiday Punch, Huntsman, Bushwacka, Hitman's Heatmaker, Bushwacka, Degreaser, Bushwacka, Conjurer's Cowl, Darwin's Danger Shield, and the Administrator walked into a bar?
    -Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Pyro talked clearly?! Blasphemy. Better be a girl. If it's another American Guy. Things will burn.
    If anyone wants to get their codes, join me on the TF2 server and I'll walk you through it. I'll hang out for another 30 min or so. Pretty sure all the fun stuff will be figured out by the time I wake up in the AM.

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Sounds like those are new crafting recipes, almost.
    edited August 2012
    It is three in the morning and this has happened: http://www.teamfortress.com/bloodbrothers/

I'll explain how we got there later.

-Digi
  • ERmaaaghaad
    edited August 2012
    Hoppin on now to chow Mert some ARG stuff, anyone that cares to join, hop on the IC server.

Edit: Was just able to show off the messages, close TF2 and rolling black out. Computers going off for the day. Oh California.

-Digi
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

ERmaaaghaad

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Mind = blown.

(includes frame from comic, read it first so this isn't some kind of minor spoiler)