Day-Z Discussion

124»

Comments

• TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Well the dew is something. As soon as I drank it I ran to the fire station where there we're 4 guys all with AS50's inside, apparently they were in a firefight with a bunch other dudes. So they decided to put down there arguments and do something together....such as shooting me, so basically 4 snipers, 3 machine guns, and a shotgun bullets went into me several times.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    TheironhandIlriyasBobbyDigiBladephoenix
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    The riding dirty video is one of my favorite things to come out of DayZ.

So @cannonfodder - you mentioned aimbot. How prominent are hackers in this? Do you run into them frequently?

I should just install the effing game and join you guys already. What am I doing with my life.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I have to say: every day I see another video or hear another story about people hacking. Warping, aimbotting, invincibility and more. It has really soured my impression of the mod. And it's disappointing.
    edited August 2012
    UPSLynx said:

The riding dirty video is one of my favorite things to come out of DayZ.

So @cannonfodder - you mentioned aimbot. How prominent are hackers in this? Do you run into them frequently?

I should just install the effing game and join you guys already. What am I doing with my life.

On the note of hackers, yes there every where, we lost all of our stuff (Truck, van, bla bla bla) that you saw in the pic's I posted a short while ago to hackers. They did a thunderdome, which is basically spawning every single player and vehicle to the sky and simply watching them fall.

But most hackers get banned after 24 hours of their incident, but if they have the funds they could easily just purchase another copy of Arma 2 and get back into the game.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The hackers have been for the most part not really a pain. The game really doesn't reward drawing attention to yourself, including non-hackers.
    Stary sobor raid tonight

Hey if anyone wants to come raid Stary with me today, I'll be in vent at 10:00PM (EST).
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Just played a massive Dayz session with @Bladephoenix and some random called kliddi. (Or something I can't remember now) During the session I came close to death almost 6 times, saved Kliddi from bleeding to death at 1000 blood. (Went through maybe 2 lee enfield clips keeping zombies from eating him) Stole a bike and found the most holy of DayZ holy grails MOUNTAIN DEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Of which I now have 2, and I refuse to drink either because one I found at 2000 hp just running through the train station at Electro and one which I grabbed off a bandit who thought it wise to ambush the 3 of us in Cherno's industrial park, off the bandit I also managed to grab a GPS unit and 50 rounds for my enfield.)

This is the longest I've ever survived in DayZ and the most successful I've ever been with looting and at this point I'm honestly scared to log on again for fear of losing everything.
    Theironhand
  • Better man up Ilriyas cus we're going in again tomorrow. YEEHAW!
    edited August 2012
    Well today we just lost 1 of our 4 vehicles, it was the UAZ (Military jeep), we we're driving towards Elektro, when we heard gun shots, they shot our car 4 times before it blew up, it was an AS50 which can destroy a car in 1 shot, so we all got out, then the car blew up, we found the AS50 sniper on top of the hospital and took him down, but all 7 of us we're stranded in the middle of Elektro with no transportation.....so we had a little fun with some satchel charges.
    Although this has nothing to do with DayZ, I'm still posting it.

SpencerForHire
  • Do loot chances depend on the amount of people on the server? Been trying to get an m24 on servers with 4-7 people usually. Have an m12 AIM on me currently, found in the apartments outside Cherno. Constantly scouring deerstands and Stary Sobor haven't amounted to much of anything, and my first heli crash zone dropped a Lee and
    civi clothing. Massively disappointing considering that was a 12 player server.

Do loot chances depend on the amount of people on the server? Been trying to get an m24 on servers with 4-7 people usually. Have an m12 AIM on me currently, found in the apartments outside Cherno. Constantly scouring deerstands and Stary Sobor haven't amounted to much of anything, and my first heli crash zone dropped a Lee and
    civi clothing. Massively disappointing considering that was a 12 player server.

No loot spawns are by random.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Dropped the truck at 110051 when I logged off, middle of the woods no one should find it, fully fueled with a full Jerry can in the trunk.
    Theironhand
    Ilriyas said:

Dropped the truck at 110051 when I logged off, middle of the woods no one should find it, fully fueled with a full Jerry can in the trunk.

Cool, thanks for the info.
  • So happy right now for something so stupid. Finally scored the m24 of my dreams, and picked up a bonus m16 w/ grenade launcher.
    Thanks Ironhand, your server is my lucky charm =p
    Inb4 I die next login.
    Theironhand
    edited September 2012
    Standalone version of DayZ is expected to be released Q4 of this year guys! Anyways, here's some video's of me and my team in DayZ. *This is not me recording.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    Found this lying around:

Theironhand

Rocket is heading back to Prague to work on DayZ Standalone.

Hopefully we'll have a release date soon.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    I bought Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead to play DayZ. I have played 30 minutes so far which involved me getting buggered by zombies whist lying prone then fiddling in my backpack; wasting the ammo the server initially game me; then sneaking through some woods by a field getting to a building on the hill, and being paranoid.

I saw a guy in the distance running away from a load of zombies. They were probably the ones I spent 5 minutes running away from before I managed to get away through the trees. It wasn't a fun experience, although I'm probably playing it wrong, plus I don't know anyone who plays,

If the standalone proves popular I will probably get it though.
    Theironhand