Epic Mann vs. Machine tales

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    F that map. I wouldn't mind if I never played it again
    Congrats to @FreshyP on breaking his MvM cherry on the hardest map of all. It's all cake from here, son.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Tonight was Epic... Hence the name of the thread. I've got quite a bit to share with you so sit back and enjoy.

Round 1: Coal Town CPU Slaughter

@Primesuspect as Engineer, Notice the brand spankin' new Botkiller Wrench
    @Mertesn as Heavy
    @RahnalH102 as Soldier
    @Thrax as Pyro
    @Cola as Drunk Demo
    And yours truly as Medic

I'm starting to get the hang of Medic in MvM:
    The Jarate Snipers are a pain!
    Wave 6 came...
    and Went...
    And spoiled us. Soli hat for Mert and Demo Batteries for Prime:

And I only had one more map to go for my first Mann vs. Machine Tour.

To be continued...
    edited August 2012
    Coal Town went fast so most of the group decided to go another.

Round 2: Decoy Disk Deletion, Arguably the hardest of the missions to complete and the final piece in my very first Mann vs Machine Tour of Duty.

Thrax wanted to head back to the opening weekend of Guild Wars 2 so...

@Preacher joined us as Medic
    So I switched to Pyro
    Rah returned as Soldier
    Cola as Demo
    Mertesn as Heavy
    And Prime as Engi
    The Huntsman wave didn't treat use to well
    Trying for a Haduken Screenshot, came out a bit dark...
    This one would have been better but I got Photopaned
    We're ready for the next wave
    And we would mess around a bit in between waves
    Oh Noes! Cola got disconnected. Timed out while taking a weewee. We agreed to start over as our only option to give it a go together.
    Cola played a bit of Scout collecting that Money Ball
    Sparkly Heavy Weapons
    Purple Rain
    What's that Sasha? Mertesn's HL2.exe has crashed?!

And with that... Preacher had to leave us.

To Be Continued...
    edited August 2012
    Now we are without Preacher... So we start over

With @FreshyP stepping up as Soldier
    Mert returning as Heavy
    Huntsman Snipers returning as pains in the neck, face and eye
    Cola setting up a sticky trap
    When you see it
    Some shots of the other team
    The dreaded Wave 8 begins
    A little uber fun
    Rolling out for crit stickies
    Even better than before
    And after many, many exhausting tries, everything fell into place
    And the loot was good. For completing my tour I was awarded a Botkiller Medi Gun. Prime got lucky again with a Scout hat and Rah pulled 2 rares, The pyro backpack and spy fedora.

I leave you with a tip for future Decoy Disk Deletion Wave 8 players. This is Key weapon + sentry placement combo

Good night all.

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Dang that was so annoying yet so good at the end. It's what gets ya hooked man. Also I got soooo many duplicates Xhibit would be proud.
    Dat Wrangler. Changed the game.
    Mammworks: Machine Massacre is best for quick matches. We just destroyed 7 waves in about 45 minutes.

The Team
    @Notezee as Soli
    @Pacifisto as Brass Beast Heavy
    @cola Quick Fix Medic
    @ErrorNullTurnip as Engi
    @Preacher Demoed
    And I returned as Rainbow Pyro
    We were not so organized at spraying
    But we did very well at grabbin da money balls
    Our wave 7 Glitched, the bomb appeared before any of us were ready and kept warning us that it was about to be deployed! In reality it just hung out behind this rock. It did not effect the game play during the waves at all.
    Damn Deflector Heavies kept taking me out right before they went down
    Pacifisto wants to be a Giant Deflector Heavy so bad.
    Team Work prevailed!
    Dem Turnips each got a Rare! A Medic pack for Pacifisto and Spy hat for Error

Still no rares for Digi though the clean Hue Long Heater makes me happy :-D

Rock on,

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    This is the only pic I got before I got sick and had to leave.
    @RahnalH102 decided to turn me into a human pincushion.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I do so love that crossbow. Hope you feel better.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Sounds like great games :D Sorry I had to miss out on all of them. And Digi, dat medigun...so jelly XD

@cola @BobbyDigi @Preacher Way to medic it up! :D I'd like to hear y'all's takes on strategy, loadout and upgrade path.
    Heh, you wouldn't like mine, I guarantee it :P
    Cola, almost everything you do is bizzare and totally fucked up, but somehow it works (sometimes) and is definitely worth review. :P
    cola
    edited August 2012
    We tried a lot of things different tonight, but it ended up not working out. Team was @Cola, @Bandrik, @Midga, @Ilriyas, @Signal, and myself. I decided to try my hand at demo while Cola went Engie. We lost a ton of money in the first few waves and it set us up for a bad and time-consuming, very frustrating Wave 5 of Coal Town's CPU Slaughter. By the time we got to wave 6, we knew our roles and had gotten a lot better, but time and fatigue worked against us. We got into our groove and nearly beat it, but a stupid mistake cost us the round. After that, it was frustration town and we gave up after two more quick failures. Sigh.
    Cola maxed out his pistol, though, and it was hilarious. Machine pistol FTW!
    @midga I focused on Heal rate and Uber build rate grabbing share bonus asap. Every credit went towards the Medi Gun and Crit Canteen.

On a side note my Festive Medi Gun is not strange and I do not have a Strange Medi Gun. Now that I have the Botkiller (Strange by default) I probably won't use the festive outside of MvM. From what I can tell, stranges do not level in MvM.

While there are definitely Botkillers I would prefer to have, being my first Tour reward, I can't see bringing myself to trade my Botkiller Medi Gun.

-Digi
    edited August 2012
    BobbyDigi said:

@midga I focused on Heal rate and Uber build rate grabbing share bonus asap. Every credit went towards the Medi Gun and Crit Canteen.

Okay, that's pretty much exactly what I do, except with a Kritz and Uber canteens. Sometimes I'll buff resistances if I have a lot of extra cash. Fire resistance on some of those stages is amazing (especially when you're following around a Thrax).
    BobbyDigi said:

On a side note my Festive Medi Gun is not strange and I do not have a Strange Medi Gun. Now that I have the Botkiller (Strange by default) I probably won't use the festive outside of MvM. From what I can tell, stranges do not level in MvM.

Stranges don't get kills on bots. They don't care who you're killing when you're counting Ubers ;) [dibs on the festive :3 ]
    BobbyDigi said:

While there are definitely Botkillers I would prefer to have, being my first Tour reward, I can't see bringing myself to trade my Botkiller Medi Gun.

You'd better not. It's too cool for skloo. [and if you do, I call dibs there too ;3 ]

Wanna get my hands on a golden so bad, though... I don't typically like gold, but GODDAMN that's shiny!
    Oh, and for my Quick Fix medic, I maxed uber charge rate, heal rate, and Uber length making whoever I was healing completely unstoppable (till they ran out of ammo so I carried ammo refills to share)
    Oh holy hell, I hadn't thought about that, but with a heal boost upgrade the QF would be sick as shit. Kinda wanna give this a go, now...
    It was supposed to be a gathering after TF2sday died down but some peeeps couldn't stay up that late so we started grouping up after about an hour. We grouped up, Midga did a solid by stepping down for CB to join up as a rare opportunity for him to play presented itself.

In what turned out to possibly be an omen, we waited in line only to be greeted with this:

We grouped back up and got in for our shot at Coal Town: CPU Slaughter

@CB and Archimedes joined us to Medic
    @Preacher built up his Engi nest
    @Primesuspect and his DemoParrot
    @Tushon Chickened Out
    @Trooster Rocked the Rockets
    And as cliche as these may become, these still turn out awesome every time

We had good strategy
    Buff Banner Robots have good strategy also
    Wave 5 took us for a ride quite a few times

But we finally beat it.

Then during our first shot at Wave 6 we all got disconnected. It was too late to start over. No victory for us tonight.

Ha-Du-Ken

-Digi

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Aww... I didn't know I displaced someone. Thanks/sorry, Midga.
    This was just strange:

Overall we had quite the good haul tonight, thanks fellas!

It was a rough Wave 3, but with @Midga the Wundermedic, we finally got it. GG, fellas!
    Those damned spies
    Preacher as Wrangler Engie
    midga
    edited August 2012
    @CB seriously, I needed to wake up early anyway, and I've played quite a lot of MvM. I was more than happy to let a fellow gamer with much less time for gaming have a go in my stead. I was not displaced, so don't even think of it that way. <3

@primesuspect is it bad that I was kinda glad we failed so close to the end that one round cause I wanted to play more? XD With the combination of having recently discovered that I don't have to keep my medigun trained on a recipient of my canteen uber for them to keep it for the duration, dat quick quick fix (unf) and an excellent team, I found a good groove last night. Can't have a good medic without good people to heal.

So yeah, I want to do that again. Soon. Like, right now. But at work. So gotta wait. D:

Is that a sentry gun or @Preacher's massive junk hangin' out his fly? Either way it did a ton of damage!
    Having that quick-fix at my back gave me some mad demo confidence to run in and blow up huge swaths of bots. Also, we made a great money-grab team. A+/A+/A isn't too bad on that map.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Yes, @midga was kredit to team last night.
    midga
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    I had to become one with the sentry to win that fight. Think like the sentry. BE the sentry.
    edited August 2012
    Another good team with @Pacifisto, @Preacher, @Signal, @Midga, @Ilriyas and myself totally making quick (??) work of Disk Deletion (the hard one). I'm finally confident as a Demo in MvM :D

Congrats to Pacifisto on his shiny new Botkiller Rocket Launcher!
    We keep doing these and soon we will have all of the standard weapons...

Good, fast (done before midnight), run last night, though I didn't find my groove like I did the night before. I think part of it was the map. This one is so broken up and everyone has to spread so much that to keep everyone up you gotta go way out of your way and are almost certain to run into robodeath. Also, that front bit where they drop in... >_< I don't think I'll be taking the Quick Fix next time I run this scenario. Discovering the ability to follow @primesuspect on his sticky jumps was kinda neat, though :D And yeah, you're definitely fitting that Demo well.