The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

Not sure what you mean by "messy"... the "Reactions" portion of the site is pretty bad on my phone when in portrait mode (The reaction counts overlap each other quite a bit), but everything looks fine otherwise. Also, it looks just fine in landscape.

yeah overlapping and such... i'm never in landscape, for some reason. even if typing like mad or surfing from the bar, i'm always in portrait (easier to type with one hand and drink with the other!)

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    "Mark all viewed" isn't clearing read tags again. I've hard refreshed many times. Dark theme.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Thrax said:

"Mark all viewed" isn't clearing read tags again. I've hard refreshed many times. Dark theme.

Came in here to report same. For me, it's clearing some but not others.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Yup, reported as a bug. I updated Vanilla with the bleeding-edge develop version yesterday to test some performance upgrades, and it looks like that broke in the process.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I've got a inbox notification that doesn't have a corresponding message actually in my inbox. Same issue?
    @Tushon Don't believe so. I've seen a rare bug like that in the past. If it sticks around let me know and I'll fix it for you manually.

"Mark All Viewed" is fixt.
    I still have it after a cache clear. Maybe someone sent me a message then deleted it before I read it, as I even attempted to go in and read the last few old messages to see if it cleared from one of those. Not sure. I also have an observation. If I read an article, like @BobbyDigi's piece on the moon game, it still appears as if I have not read it causing me to open it multiple times as I ctrl-click through new threads. Not a big deal, but not sure if you were aware. I can explain more thoroughly if that isn't clear.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I think that's a WP/Vanilla bridge issue - posts created from WP have a timestamp in the future, when you couldn't have seen it. A certain number of minutes or hours later, it falls down/can be marked read, etc.
    Inbox bug still around, and I just tried to flag a spammer in chrome ... and it renders the window as a very small box in which only the X is clickable.
    Tushon said:

Inbox bug still around, and I just tried to flag a spammer in chrome ... and it renders the window as a very small box in which only the X is clickable.

@Lincoln, would you mind manually clearing that bad inbox notification?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    You tube videos will no longer play for me. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yeah, they just click out to Youtube.com.
    I don't even get that.. they click to nothing for me. Could be me though, but they seem to work elsewhere.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    A ticket has been opened for the Youtube issue.

-Digi
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Mine is occasional, not all the time.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Um, on YouTube stuff, I click on lower area of video. That brings up the usual control bar set. For me, ymmv.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I don't think that user title is updating when it is changed.
    edited September 2012
    Correct. I reported it a few pages back; still broken.

Though, of late, I think Matt has bigger fish to fry. ;)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Correct. I reported it a few pages back; still broken.

Though, of late, I think Matt has bigger fish to fry. ;)

Fish fry at new ICHQ? nice
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I couldn't paste a picture link after the text "x -> dog" and had to make a second post. EXAMPLE HERE.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Proof of example here.
    Apologies if this is already in this thread. I noticed that you cannot flag a guest post, you just get a small box with an X in it.
    @CannonFodder The 'greater than' symbol is problematic in general. Our parser has a bug.
  • iOS mobile browsing not supported. Unable to zoom in or out and cannot see left sidebar
    Changing my contact email in my profile caused dark theme to be disabled and now I can't find the option to turn it back on. Am I not subscribed anymore or did it just broke?
    You probably have an email confirmation waiting for you.
    Did that already.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    From my point of view Canti is listed as a "Member". If I understand correctly that is probably what is causing him to not get the alt theme benefit. The whole email change may/may not be coincidental.

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Do awesomes and lols have a rolling reset timer or anything? I could have sworn I had more than 9 awesomes and 5 lols, and when I click the numbers, instead of seeing my posts that got those reactions, I got a "Whoops! User not found" response. Thinking it's more of a bug than a rolling timer.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Unable to view the actual message in a long PM string. Returns a blank screen with only usernames attached.