Review: The gears of Tower Wars

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I really thought about picking this up for Steam but I think I read they didn't have a very good multiplayer system.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Want
  • SodaMatthew Soto Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    Thorough review! Added to wish list.
  • It's a pretty fun game. Also, there is sort of a single player mode. There are 3 maps that are "classic Tower Defense" maps where you build towers and the computer sends unending waves of baddies at you until you lose. It's not much of a single player experience, but it's good for getting the mechanics down in order to improve your strategy.
  • I totally stink at tower defense games, but I've always wanted to do a VS. Want!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

I really thought about picking this up for Steam but I think I read they didn't have a very good multiplayer system.

I've had no trouble with the system. It's reliable, and seems to match me with people around my skill level more than not.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

Source?

@CB Have you ever played Rock of Ages? I'd argue that was the first (or at least an earlier) decent PvP TD. It doesn't use traditional multi-enemy waves, giving you a single player-controlled "unit" instead, but the towers-for-defense-down-a-path mechanic is spot-on.

This one looks like fun, though. I'd like to give it a shot :D
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    @midga I checked out the steam forums right before I was getting ready to buy it.