The Mannconomy: Can you profit from Mann vs. Machine?

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• RyanFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    If only we all knew a well informed, trusted Icrontian who could manage all our trades for us for a modest 20% cut off the top (30% with a nominal fee going to donations to a certain community website) to barter our trades for us!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    I don't know about anyone else here but I seem to get about 2-3 drops a sessions plus whatever I get at the end of Mann Up Mode, which when playing with Icrontians is usually another 5-6 items.

Just right now I got two crates and a Scout pistol then 5 more items at the end.

BTW @BobbyDigi I have 4 more crates if you want them.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2012

If only we all knew a well informed, trusted Icrontian who could manage all our trades for us for a modest 20% cut off the top (30% with a nominal fee going to donations to a certain community website) to barter our trades for us!

Been doing exactly that for Rexxar (who this article was based off of BTW. that is currently his gold Medi Gun) for a few days now. If you got stuff that you don't want, why let it rot in your bag? Hit me up by PM or on my Advice thread. I love helping Icrontians.

Thanks for the inspiration and the crates @Koreish!

-Digi
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    We appreciate the help, Bobby!
  • BobbyDigiRobert Cometa ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    48 hours later and the amount of Botkillers (both silver and gold) have more than doubled. There is now more than 200 of each of the silvers and between 30-38 of each of the golds. Constant supply...

The only way these will go up in value is if Valve cuts off the supply and as they are making money hand over fist with the MvM tickets, that is not happening any time soon.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Awesome article, dude.

Curious, do you know what the refined-to-key worth ratio is?
    edited August 2012
    midga said:

Awesome article, dude.

Curious, do you know what the refined-to-key worth ratio is?

Currently a key goes for 2.66 refined and vice versa.

If you are lucky you may be able to get keys for 2.3 refined.

-Digi
  • eh the supply will eventually eb, it does take a lot of work to get a decent party to actually mann up and not waste your time, and many people are cheap and won't spend on tickets or bother, those that do won't do this forever, so the supply, is not as unlimited as one would think.
    edited September 2012
    Update: Less than 2 weeks since I wrote this article and the Rares are down to craftable hat level. They are going for 1.66-2 refined as of now. I'm going to put up some offers of 1:1 with some spare craftable hats I have and see what I can get.

There are 1250 - 1350 of each of the botkillers out there now and 150 - 185 of the Golds. Regulars are still being asked 3 keys for, holding their value due to holding demand. I've seen open offers to sell golds for 10 keys. Average sellers are asking 15 keys for them. The price for Golds is still on a down trend.

-edit- I'm seeing lots of botkillers listed for 2 keys. Demand must be going down.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    eh the supply will eventually eb, it does take a lot of work to get a decent party to actually mann up and not waste your time, and many people are cheap and won't spend on tickets or bother, those that do won't do this forever, so the supply, is not as unlimited as one would think.
    It's not that hard when you have a good group like Icrontic ;)
    It seems quite a few people Manned Up over the US Holiday weekend. There are now more than 1600 of each Botkiller. 150-250 more than 2 days ago. There are about 30 more of each gold. The normal (silver) Botkillers are less than 2 keys now. I picked up a Rocket Launcher (Soldier is a higher tier, lots of people play him, usually lots of demand) for a key and 2.3 ref. Seen quite a few listed around that. 2 key / 5 ref. I was able to pick up a Flamethrower for 1 key + 1 ref but that was by luck of seeing the listing first though I can see all of them leveling out around that price.

The hats are confirmed at craftable hat level, 1.33 ref each. I've traded for 7 of the 9 in the last two days at that level.

-Digi