Civ 5 - New Creed [complete]

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Civilization
The alchemist stared at the mirror in non-comprehension. There was no one in the room with him... What had he just seen?

Okay, back-up, be a scientist, recreate the events: He had been looking for his heavy-duty scales, and had shifted the polished replica of the Aegis over across from the fake "Mirror of Souls" that the filthy merchant in Athens had sworn would let him talk to the dead. Then, while looking at the reflection of the Aegis in the larger mirror, he had seen someone clearly walk past the door to the room...

He picked up the Aegis from the floor where he had accidently knocked it when he was startled, and placed it back on the small stand. He positioned himself to see the door by way of both reflections. There. A person in the doorway. He turned to the doorway, having to peer around the bulk of the Mirror of Souls: No one there. He looked back at the mirror: The man was back.

Deep Breath.

"Hello?" the alchemist called out shakily, waving one hand. The other man, dark of hair and skin, and dressed in the robes of a scholar or philosopher looked as confused as he felt. The man entered the door, and knelt on the floor before whatever it was he was looking into on his side.

His side of
what?

It soon became clear that the two could not hear one another, but it only took minutes to establish simple communication via parchment held up to the surface of the mirror. First, they established their disciplines with one another - The man on the other side was an academician, studying the properties of polished glass coated with various substances. Second, they shared the names of their homes. The other man was from somewhere called Carthage, very far from the alchemist's home in Rome, he was sure, perhaps not even on this world. The academician confirmed he had never heard of Rome, which proved he was on another world, and so they began to trade names of major cities. The man had never heard of London, Washington, Kyoto, Alexandria, Paris... and at each trade he gave a city name which sounded utterly made-up, Tikal, Byzantium, Stolkholm - they were all as fanciful.

Finally, curiosity took the alchemist in a new direction and he wrote, "What gods do you follow?"

The academician wrote back, "What is a god?" and at that moment, the alchemist knew this other world would never be the same after this meeting.

Also: This Aegis might not be a replica, after all.

---

'New Creed' is a six-player Free-for-all game which will be open only to players who have obtained the Gods and Kings expansion.

The world will be a small, 'Terra' style map, and the time-line will begin in the Renaissance era. This means each player will start with two settlers, one worker, three military units, one spy, three hundred culture, all techs through Medieval era, and zero faith. The turn timer will be set to 'quick', and all other options will be left default. All victory conditions will be enabled.

All players must choose one of the nine new nationalities (the Netherlands, Celtica, the Maya, Carthage, Byzantium, the Huns, Austria, Ethiopia, and Sweden), introduced in the Gods and Kings expansion. There is no limit to the number of each nationality in the world, however.

First five players to post interest will join me in this game.

Player list:
CB
Theironhand
Colgere
Theironhand

Comments

• TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    ME!!! I so want in.

I would like to become the Byzantium.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    In.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Anyone else interested in this game? Have not enough folks picked up Gods and Kings yet?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm interested but I have to pick up the dlc
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In.
    It's been too long for me to edit the player list, but that's four. Anyone else before I pull the trigger and just run this one with the folks we have?
    Ilriyas said:

I'm interested but I have to pick up the dlc

Did you pick up the DLC?

Guess it'll be a small game. :) Sending out the invites now.
    Could someone send me a download link of the game file? For some reason it's saying I'm not involved in any games and thus not giving me the game file.
    So I have to give the GMR guys money before I can join. Says I can only have two games running, even though I already have three.
    edited October 2012

Could someone send me a download link of the game file? For some reason it's saying I'm not involved in any games and thus not giving me the game file.

You're not involved in a game because it hasn't started yet. Unless you're talking about the other game?
    CrazyJoe said:

So I have to give the GMR guys money before I can join. Says I can only have two games running, even though I already have three.

Yeah, they changed the pricing structure, but it's worth it.
    edited October 2012
    I'm in.
    Okay. Just waiting on theironhand to pick a nation, then we'll start it.
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    I haven't even familiarized myself with Civ 5 yet, but once I do, i'd like to get in on one of these. I do not, however, own Gods & Kings yet.
    CB said:

Okay. Just waiting on theironhand to pick a nation, then we'll start it.

Just picked a nation, ready to go!

started
    Please make sure you're watching for your turns. :)