Icrontic Oktoberfest 2012 planning

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @Susurro is planning on bringing a keg of homebrewed beer with us on the way there. This is the 2nd batch of his best ever stuff, and my personal favorite beer.

I am excited for this...
    fatcat
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    I'm excited to finally meet Ryan #2;)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Works for me
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    RyanMM said:

How would everyone feel about a beer tasting Friday afternoon?

Is jealous an appropriate answer? That sounds a million times better than the seminar I'll be in that afternoon. :/

• ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    Beer tasting? I'm in!
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Paging people who were in on the last tasting...

@TiberiusLazarus
    @UPSLynx
    @Annes
    @Pragtastic
    @Lincoln
    @Bandrik
    @WagsFTW
    @lershee
    @Gargoyle
    @fatcat

Any of you guys gonna be around Friday afternoon and interested in a tasting?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    interested yes and when Dee gets back from Dallas I'll ask her as well Ryan
    Great!

As long as there's at least 6 people interested, this thing's on, so we're almost there. :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Beer tasting sounds great, and I'd probably be in. The earliest I could be there is 4pm Friday.

However, there's also all the stuff going on for Detroit Beer Week, including the Beer Fest at Eastern Market Friday @ 5pm, Sat 1-6.

It makes sense to do stuff on our own, but field trips are an option, too.
    I had heard about Detroit beer fest expanding to 2 days but it totally slipped my mind. I still have to buy my tickets but now I'm considering doing it Friday night so that I have more time on Saturday to spend at Icrontic. Until I make that decision, the tasting could be either Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon. I'm gonna try and figure that out as soon as I can.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'm in
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    PICK ME
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    As said on Facebook, I won't be in town until about 8pm Friday night. Work and all.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    What type of beer are you going to be doing this time @ryanmm
  • Am interested.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    I'm always interested in a tasting event. They really are an enlightening experience. IN.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Im definitely interested and certainly in for a beer tasting!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    In as long as it isn't zomghopsinface style
    GargGnomeQueenThrax
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    do want beer tasting
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    When are you going to learn to start a new discussion for beer tastings? :p In.
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    Beer tasting? Um...yes. In.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    GLORIOUS
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    hnnngggggg dat FDS
    Since I'll be arriving in the late morning/early afternoon hours on Thursday I'm assuming that my hotel check-in may not be until 3pm or so. Are there any issues showing up to ICHQ a little early and helping out where I can? Also, since I'll have my car I can lend a hand picking up those arriving by plane and all if need be. One last thing, can I get a message or email of the address and a phone number or two so I can contact someone if there are any issues? As the days get closer the excitement is definitely building :)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

Since I'll be arriving in the late morning/early afternoon hours on Thursday I'm assuming that my hotel check-in may not be until 3pm or so. Are there any issues showing up to ICHQ a little early and helping out where I can? Also, since I'll have my car I can lend a hand picking up those arriving by plane and all if need be. One last thing, can I get a message or email of the address and a phone number or two so I can contact someone if there are any issues? As the days get closer the excitement is definitely building :)

People who show up to ICHQ2 early are usually turned away after being mercilessly mocked. It's either that or they're welcomed with a beer and the tools of whatever project happens to be going on at the time. I forget which.
    GnomeQueenHumerusMegRyanFodderJBoogaloo
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    mertesn said:

JBoogaloo said:

People who show up to ICHQ2 early are usually turned away after being mercilessly mocked. It's either that or they're welcomed with a beer and the tools of whatever project happens to be going on at the time. I forget which.
    Don't listen to Mertesn, he's the only one that mercilessly mocks people. He's a real meanie. :D
    JBoogaloo
    mertesn said:

JBoogaloo said:

You dick, lol! :D

Don't listen to Mertesn, he's the only one that mercilessly mocks people. He's a real meanie. :D

At least there's a sweetness amongst the sour :)