Icrontic Oktoberfest 2012 planning

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Serious house request: Don't flush too much TP at once.

We have what's called a "household trap" (that used to be a thing, apparently - think "sink trap" writ big) that is getting easily clogged in its old age. While it's easily unclogged, the immediate results of a clog would seriously detract from the event. :p
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Annes said:

@UPSLynx I don't have a costume yet, either (I am accepting suggestions that are easy to pull off) but if worst comes to worst we should hit up the Meijer's children's costumes on Saturday. No big.

haha yes, deal!

I can't wait to see you all in the D. Missing ICRENN, feels like it's been forever since I hung out with any of you (accept for @mertesn and @primesuspect. I can't get away from those dicks :P)
    mertesn
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    (LOL DARKSIDERS)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    hahaha edited for accuracy
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Sounds more like @UPSLynx is a groupie ;)
    UPSLynx
  • In case anyone was wondering, bring your Draft League cards and we'll play it by ear.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

Serious house request: Don't flush too much TP at once.

We have what's called a "household trap" (that used to be a thing, apparently - think "sink trap" writ big) that is getting easily clogged in its old age. While it's easily unclogged, the immediate results of a clog would seriously detract from the event. :p

But what if I have to take a big poop?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Going to be the theme one way or the other based on costume selections I'm aware of...
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2012

Going to be the theme one way or the other based on costume selections I'm aware of...

Well usually at least half of us are naked anyways....so this really isn't any different than normal. :D
  • Have I been going to the wrong parties or do I just end up being that drunsk?
    UPSLynxTeramona
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    FWIW, I'm hoping to make it to at least one day of this... though the 24th is birthday for both my wife and me, and we have some plans. (Same day, different year, yes it's strange and exciting.)

I am not good at costume, though. I may just wear a fox hat. Unfortunately, that doesn't turn me into a fox like it does Mario.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    lmorchard said:

wear a fox hat. Unfortunately, that doesn't turn me into a fox like it does Mario.

Unfortunate indeed. If that were the case I'd have a hat of the great Peter North on 24/7 :D
    primesuspectfatcat
    Event for Thurs ICHQ improvements: http://www.facebook.com/events/191764047615477
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    We are going to have to go to the burbs for any food stops, I think. World series in town possibly 2 of the days.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    What's the in-house crash situation, currently? I'm cheap, so I don't want to spring for a hotel (I'd rather spend my money on delicious beer, of course).

We (bringing the brother-in-law) don't mind crashing on a floor, I'm just not terribly keen on the basement.

Attic maybe?
    @AlexDeGruven You won't want to sleep in the attic, it's... full. And cold. There will be space for 4 to sleep comfortably in the great room, but, of course, that's also where the TV is so it could be a late night.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Extended forecast as of now for #ICOK

Thurs: 68/44 30% chance rain
    Fri: 56/40 20% chance rain
    Sat: 56/40 10% chance rain
    UPSLynx
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Glorious.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Lincoln said:

@AlexDeGruven You won't want to sleep in the attic, it's... full. And cold. There will be space for 4 to sleep comfortably in the great room, but, of course, that's also where the TV is so it could be a late night.

Is the basement a similarly bad Idea? I was still planning to be able to show up, plant an inflatable mattress in some directed location, and crash as desired. I was under the impression this was accommodatable.

Basement was stated as fine, if a tad bit smelly
    Here's the thing. Absolutely full disclosure.

We have had the basement floor drains back up twice now, spewing raw sewage all over the floors. We have cleaned everything with bleach. Tomorrow I'm doing some asbestos abatement. The basement is very musty, dusty, and dirty. There are bugs.

It's a basement from a house built in 1899. It's not nice. If you want to sleep down there, it's definitely doable, but I just want to make it very clear that the basement is not super nice. It's not nearly as nice as the basement in Warren—for now.

There is no absolute guarantee that sewage won't back up again. I cannot promise that. I can say that it is highly unlikely, but I cannot promise it.
    TushonCantiThrax
    Those last few sentences are some really good /r/nocontext material.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

There is no absolute guarantee that sewage won't back up again. I cannot promise that. I can say that it is highly unlikely, but I cannot promise it.

Just... Quoting for posterity. Just in case.
    I'll put it this way: I wouldn't sleep down there.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Honestly, I was counting on the attic, since it had been stated earlier that it was fine, except it would be cold, which I don't mind. Now I have to think about how viable a trip to ICHQ is for me with the increased hotel prices. :(
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If the den is truly available, I would think it would sleep a bunch of people.
    edited October 2012
    If you want to pack an extra blanket, I'll clear space in the attic. There is definitely a draft from the windows. Maybe one of the projects can be sealing those.

I think Brian is vastly over-scaring about the basement. The drain overflowed in an area no one will be sleeping (and it only got as bad as it did because we didn't notice the issue for DAYS), I think there are far fewer bugs than Warren (as someone who slept in the Warren basement for a year), and I've gotten multiple "oh, this doesn't smell all musty like I thought it would" comments on tours. I think it's comparable to the outer yellow room at the Warren House.
    edited October 2012

What room are you calling a "den"?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

What room are you calling a "den"?

Yours? Does that improve the odds?

TushonJBoogaloo