The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I know Matt is busy right now and don't expect a quick fix buuuuuuuuuuuut I clicked my profile today and found this.

To which I respond.

As I am both proud and confused to be the only person with the 100 LOLs badge at the moment. Especially since like half of those come from just posting dog in new and creative ways. Hell, I probably got half the people reading this in the previous sentence. Anyway, I then clicked on promote, awesome, and lol and come to this.

Also I can no longer see the discussion going on in my most recent PM which was viewable as of Wednesday morning.

I know it's nothing personal, just wanted to let you know something messed up recently and
    WHY DO YOU HATE ME MATT!? WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH WHEN ALL I DO IS CARE!?
    boner

<3
    oni_delsardichokeUPSLynx
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    First.

I also noticed that a PM went "invisible", but if I switched pages on it (edit: hit "older messages"), everything came back. Somethin' be quirky, yo.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    same shizzz here... 9 awesome 5lol... i think i was like at 0-10 ... i have no friends T_T
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    errybody's working from 9 to 5
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    @Illriyas What does Shania Twain have to do with this?
    Ilriyas
    @Canti I'll tell you...soon as I find out myself!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You cannot save notification preferences at the moment. Check or uncheck any boxes, hit save, and nothing has changed when you go back to the page.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    And this error.

//EDIT: And the fact that attached images always appear broken seems to be another error.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2012

Working for me. Lincoln is workin on stuff this morning so whatever you ran into may have been temporary or a cache issue.

Edit: That said Who's Online is showing twice currently.

-Digi
  • ShadowdareShadowdare Member
    edited November 2012
    Snarkasm said:

I think that's a WP/Vanilla bridge issue - posts created from WP have a timestamp in the future, when you couldn't have seen it. A certain number of minutes or hours later, it falls down/can be marked read, etc.

@Lincoln: It looks like the DateUpdated and DateLastComment values are the ones causing the timestamp issue after discussions are created on Vanilla. The following workaround should fix this problem, as it seemed to do the trick when I tested it several minutes ago on my website.

At the end of function glue_add_discussion($postid) in glue.php:
    // Workaround for incorrect DateUpdated and DateLastComment timestamps after the discussion is created on Vanilla.
    // Reinserts DateUpdated and DateLastComment to the newly created discussion on Vanilla.
    global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->update(VANILLA_PREFIX.'Discussion', array('DateUpdated' => $the_post->post_date, 'DateLastComment' => $the_post->post_date), array('DiscussionID' => $DiscussionID));
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    I just noticed that ads seem to be offline - the page-top ad just gives a link to http://icrontic.com/ads/728x90.php
    Which is empty for me at the moment.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @Pacifisto That's the fallback when they elect to not serve an ad. I've neglected to actually make that script serve an ad yet.
    YouTube videos should work again now. 4 hours to hunt that one down.

boner
    Stupid file permissions. Fixed thumbnails again.
  • Using "Mark All Viewed" from the All Discussions page sets previously viewed discussions in the "Gaming Feature Articles" category as New. This only happens when no one has replied to the discussion.

ie. CB's "New Releases for The Week of Snipers and Eared Hoodies" was doing this until I replied to the discussion. Now it stays viewed even if I click the "Mark All Viewed".
  • This one may be by design:

On the All Discussions page "Tech Feature Articles" seem to be defying sorting. Example attached.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Um, whether bug or not, it seems to be for about 24 hours and then the articles drop down in sort order. I know Vanilla supports admins and possibly moderators promoting and sinking threads-- there might be a time limit on that.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    Testing this theory

Theory tested. Pics that are attached cannot be deleted. Perhaps due to relative storage?
    @Tushon They can after you comment. I actually just added the ability to do that while composing the comment to the next release last week.
    New year Bump

I unfortunately don't have to many details on this but it is report worthy.

In PMs (at least, not tested on forum posts) if you use a Windows 8 smiley in a PM, the PM when sent will stop at the smiley (and also not include the smiley). For example:

Message1 (smiley) Message2

would only send Message1 through to the recipient.

If the powers that be need more info or testing on that, hit me up and we'll make it happen.

-Digi
    What is a Windows 8 smiley? Some unicode thing?
    Probably. It is on the Metro/Modern keyboard in the bottom left couple over from the space bar. Hitting that brings up a plethora of smileys.

I can understand if they just won't display, but as an end user experience it was quite jarring to see half my message not send.

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Vanilla has been compromised by that Norwegian virus that seems to be spreading like wildfire today.
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited April 2013
    I dunno if im the only one, but i miss the day when we would click on pur profile and it would bring us to our notification instead of news of badge i didnt get cause nobody lik.... Eerr hum i mean lulz my comments

Edit: also for mobile user maybe add a "top of page" button when we reach the end...
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    oni_dels said:

also for mobile user maybe add a "top of page" button when we reach the end...

This. And a "bottom of page" button at the top.
    Why are spammers still commenting on a closed thread?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Tushon said:

Why are spammers still commenting on a closed thread?

Because they're commenting through the article's page, which doesn't respect a forum thread's open/closed state.
    Gotcha. Just curious.
    Ah cannae change mah title