Wilderzone Wednesdays Official Thread (Tribes Ascend)

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario Icrontian
edited November 2012 in Gaming
Welcome to Icrontic's official Tribes Ascend game planning/rules thread for those who don't know it Tribes Ascend is the fastest First Person Shooter on the planet

Down to business:

The Time: As agreed upon here Tribes Ascend games take place every Wednesday at 10pm EST

The Rules:

The basic rules follow the same guidelines we have set up for Icrontic's Team Fortress 2 server 1: Have Fun 2: Don't be a jerk naturally any and all Tribes communication occurs over vent so you have to be a member of the forums for this to be an issue, hence this is merely a formality.

Unfortunately however there is a requirement that I have to implement to make sure that everyone can play together:

You MUST be at least level 10

The reason for this is that in the last patch Tribes Ascend introduced custom and official servers, official servers range from levels 1-10, levels 10-50, and levels 50-100 as an attempt to separate players of varying skill. This wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that

1: Many custom servers have rules set in place that limit gameplay, and therefore game enjoyment
2: Due to these rules custom servers don't receive the same enthusiasm from casual or even hardcore Tribes players as do the official servers, hence the standard population is always significantly below the average of official servers.
3: Quick Play defaults to official servers, as this is the preferred method of finding a game (Especially with the recently implemented party system) custom servers don't receive new players unless there are individuals actively looking for them.

I absolutely hate cutting out potential players but many of our dedicated members have been playing since BETA and the result is that they are all above level 10. The plus side to this however is that getting to level 10 takes very little time to achieve and it will give you a feel for the game before you begin playing with our regular members.

Finally Tribes is an absolutely incredible game to play with friends, while I love it with all my heart its the ability to play it with other Icrontians that has kept me playing it for as long as I have, not to mention the reason why I was and am so enthusiastic about being the game coordinator. Every game is best played with friends, why not make it one that is as fun and ridiculous as Tribes Ascend.

-Ilriyas
primesuspectBobbyDigiPacifistoTheironhand

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    To our newest Tribals @Bladephoenix and @Konfiscate your homework for next week is to hit level 10 playing with you guys is awesome and I want to see what you can do on official servers where our classes and cash flow aren't limited.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Oh and I thought the downloads were gonna be the only thing in my way this time. Well I'm only 3 levels away, easy.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I need to get back into this game. I'm on it!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Meh, all you play is CTF anyway =/
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Count me in next Wednesday!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I am trying my hardest to get to Level 10 by Wednesday, but it's slow going. I suck so bad at this game. I played all day yesterday and managed to make it all the way from Level 7 to Level 8. I seem to be getting about 200-300XP per match.
  • Hit level 10 yesterday evening.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Between the all weekend road trip and the stomach sickness I got on the return I haven't had time to play so I'm still lvl 7. Maybe between now and then but things are busy.
    But it can be done, because I"M FAAASST!
    Ilriyas
    When did they add levels?
    Player levels have always existed but they really played no role until the last patch when level became a method of separating players.
    So, it's the "rank" then? That's silly. Also, I have no clue what my level is.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It's near the top on the main screen.
    edited November 2012
    Ugh. Now I'm getting validation issues and everything I've looked up says I'll need to uninstall everything, delete everything related that wasn't uninstalled, and then redo everything and then it might work. >:l

Not sure but I guess it continued working on itself in the background. That would explain the periodic lag spikes I got. It fixed itself and got working and now I can play. To to level fast!
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Ohhhhh man! It's Wilderzone Wednesday!

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

ErrorNullTurnipIlriyasRahnalH102
    edited November 2012
    Tonight we managed to get in 2 solid hours of Tribes Ascend and on our last game we made up all but 1 of our team which is just awesome.

Hope to see some more of you guys on next week!
  • Can somebody check my level for me preeze?
    I'm having trouble installing currently.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I'm still trying to figure out what class I want to play...

Raider or some type of heavy class? :(
    edited November 2012
    Each armor type has a "Balanced" (Pathfinder, Solder, Jug) "Defensive" (Technician, Sentinel, Doombringer) and "Offensive" (Brute, Raider, Infiltrator) preference. Quotations cause you can do whatever you dang want and some work great at another role as well. Know what roles you like to play in the matches and then go from there. You probably already know all this, but that's just my two cents.

Personally I like to play the defensive classes because I'm not so good at going fast under pressure. Although I have had to go and cap a few with my technician class cause no one else on my team would.

P.S. I made it to level 10 after an evening of bum matches with !@#$ty personality players that I could not shake.

No Fullmoon TF2 and no Tribes either?
    I had assumed that TF2 was going to be a thing tonight.
  • Why not have Tribes time today or tomorrow?
    There is always time to go fast! Even if work drags on for a few extra hours.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    Tribes? Yes? Join me!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Still got it. :>
    Thrax definitely ran the server tonight glad that you could make it!

So on a personal note and this won't happen often tonight I managed to land a blue plate into flag catch in our second match. I'm quite proud of it because as everyone who's played this likely knows blue plates ARE REALLY hard to do and being able to land one AND a flag catch is something I've always wanted to do since I started playing.
    You may have seen this, but I don't care it's not posted here therefore it needs to be.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    I'm in tonight. Who else is going fast? @Ilriyas: It's not on the Steam calendar.
    TONIGHT WE RIDE!

Seriously I've failed again like really badly with keeping this together. From now on I'm just going to make the announcements for the month so that I'll actually remember it's happening.