League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• It does that every time I play. I think it's me. :(
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Well it's sorta back but also sorta not. Regroup at the bottom of the hour if they fixed it by then?
  • Even their NA website isn't loading. I'll be there.
  • NA Server is "Busy." Sad face
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    It's giving me a 1hr 30 min 3hr+ que time. To be expected with everyone else trying to get back on.
  • Yeah, I'm at 45min
    At the rate this is going I don't think I'll be able to get back on in time. Though it was limited, it was fun MomOfRose! Next time.
  • Ok. Thanks for the game. I'll keep an eye out for you. I just got in.
  • My gosh I was terrible last night. Had kids waking up left and right and couldn't just sit down and get into it. That and getting synched with Bobby was a fail. Perhaps I'll try again tonight.
  • Fairly certain I won't be on tonight: lots of family stuff going on this weekend.
  • Things are going to change a bit: http://imgur.com/a/XS0bH
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    DOTA? What are you doing in my League of Legends?
    Theironhand
  • I want to thank everyone who's been helping me learn this game. It may not seem like much to you, but to a returning gamer (after almost a DECADE off), it means a lot to me to have such a wonderful community filled with people who are willing to come down to my level so I actually enjoy the game. :D
    primesuspectUPSLynxBobbyDigiRahnalH102
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    That's basically why I struggle to play any online game without Icrontic with me. It's too much fun/helpful playing with this group.

The new changes for Season 3 are balls out. I can't wait. Heart of Gold is gone? I don't even know what to do with that. And did you guys see the new way jungle monsters handle pulls? They aggro to the closest champion now, that's going to REALLY switch up the leashing game. Sheesh.
  • UPSLynx said:

The new changes for Season 3 are balls out. I can't wait. Heart of Gold is gone? I don't even know what to do with that. And did you guys see the new way jungle monsters handle pulls? They aggro to the closest champion now, that's going to REALLY switch up the leashing game. Sheesh.

There are at least 3 things in there that go WHOOSH over my head. Ha ha!

:scratch:
    No heart of gold is going to really hurt my Jarvan early game...

Anyways I'm up for a few rounds tonight anyone interested? (I think I still have Sir Auric available if we need low level/low elo games)
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

No heart of gold is going to really hurt my Jarvan early game...

Anyways I'm up for a few rounds tonight anyone interested? (I think I still have Sir Auric available if we need low level/low elo games)

I'm up for some games around 6ish or 7 something.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I can hop on my smurf if I'm awake
    cola said:

I can hop on my smurf if I'm awake

Cola's ASLEEP
    MomOfRoseBasil
    Suck my nuts.
    BobbyDigiBasil

RahnalH102Bladephoenix
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'm up for some games
  • I'm heading home, could be on by 9PM PST if anyone is still on around then
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I would play ;)
  • MomOfRoseMomOfRose Member
    edited November 2012
    Alright, I'm on. Was having sound issues

Always worth watching. Again. And again. And again.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    It's hard to fully comprehend exactly what happens in this 58 second clip. It's probably the most iconic moment in dota 2 competitive history to date. It's referred to by dota 2 fans as simply "the play", and it defined the International 2 Tournament.

It starts in the draft phase of the match with Na'Vi the defending champions of The International leaving open the previously thought unstoppable wombo combo of Naga Siren, Tidehunter, and Dark Seer. Everyone was basically shocked Na'Vi would let iG, the best dota 2 team in China, have this combination of heroes. Then Na'Vi picks up Enigma and Juggernaut and people begin to wonder if Na'Vi has figured out a counter to that strategy. In "The Play" iG sets up their wombo combo by catching Na'Vi with Naga Siren ultimate which puts every enemy hero near her asleep for several seconds. During this period Na'Vi is invulnerable, but can't run away, effectively they watch helplessly as iG walks into position to complete the combination.

At this point everyone but Na'Vi thought it was over. iG would just Dark Seer Vacuum everyone into the Ravage of Tidehunter, disabling everyone on Na'Vi and dealing game ending damage. Instead what happens is LightOfHeaven, the player playing the Enigma, uses his BKB as soon as Naga sleep ends, giving him magic immunity so that he can't be disabled. XBOCT, the Juggernaut player, begins his blade spin which also makes him immune to disables. LightOfHeaven channels his Ultimate, Black Hole, which is an aoe channel that disables everyone around it for a long duration. While this happens Juggernaut spins damage over everyone. Dark Seer and TideHunter use their ultimates, but they don't disable the correct heroes. Dendi, the guy that screams during the clip, is playing Rubik who's ultimate let's him steal the last cast spell an enemy cast. In the clip when Naga puts them to sleep you see him furiously spamming his key to steal TideHunter's Ravage. Dendi steals ravage and catches all of iG in it. So instead of a completely dead Na'Vi, they effectively used the initiation of iG against them, as a spectator you think Na'Vi is caught and dead, but in reality THEY WANTED TO BE CAUGHT, and it's the emotion of that realization and the perfectly executed counter and the fact that iG and the other Chinese teams were crushing all the Western teams in the tournament that makes "The Play" just so special.

Here it is at 1000 fps to let you catch more of the details
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mahHF8dIeVg#!

And Valve made a short documentary about The International 2 which better explains the story behind the tournament.

Pretty good stuff :)
    UPSLynx
    Man, I get chills every single time that crowd pops. So incredible. Better than Daigo's full parry, in my opinion.

Good lord, I love competitive games.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    What does this have to do with league? I'm so confused D:
    Theironhand
    Moba and esports. Relevant enough.