Video Game Awards 2012: The list

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited December 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Borderlands 2 is my choice for game of the year, too bad it's not nominee, but really I would've voted for DayZ even thought it's not a game, just a mod for a game.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    I was about to get real indignant, but then noticed it was a spike list and not an Icrontic list. So, uh, yeah. Carry on.
  • BuddyJPeter Gill Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    I'm glad to see Journey recognized as a nominee, but I assume it'll be passed over for a shoot-em-up game since it's Spike.
  • SodaMatthew Soto Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    Nothing in that PC list can contend with Diablo 3. Guild Wars 2 was a massive let down. I totally agree with ironhand though, Borderlands 2 wins hands down in my book. Too bad Dota 2 hasn't officially "released" yet xD.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    (Generic "the game I like isn't on the list" complaint. Also anecdotes.)
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    DOTA2 will never officially release and I can't begin to explain how surprised I am that Blops 2 isn't a nominee in every category including best Wii game and studio of the year. Did people finally realize it's the 4th or 5th time they released Call of Duty 4 with different cover art?

Anyway, Game of the year is.......
    Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 8th year in a row.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    Diablo III was fun, but I don't know that it deserves to be in the running for Best PC Game, taking all the aspects of the game into account.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    The Spike VGAs weren't around during Diablo II's day, so I guess they threw its clone in there as a proxy.
  • Walking dead hands down. Other games as my father quotes "Are violence, just pressing buttons in diffrent ways" I don't agree in a way, but STILL! This game does defeiny a game dosen't have to be a firstperson shooter or a fighter to be a great game
  • Just gonna call it now: Halo 4 sweeps almost everything. Because "BRO, HALO." "HALO, BRO." "HALO 4 MAN." "FUCK YEAH LET'S GET SOME DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW AND HALO BRO."
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    And not a Black Ops 2 was seen that day. I haz a happy!
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Oh hey, it's the annual Spike TV "Buy a Video Game Award" Show.

Huh, no BLOPS2? What, did Activision spend ALL of their Doritos/M-Dew money already?