League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    lol waiting for a LoL game to start while watching this video is nerve wracking... you hear minions have spawned and start thinking wtf the game started???? o wait its the video -.-

also: video is pro.
  • I have actually gone curling, and would pick it over monster trucks too :/
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian
    Guys, I've been on a terrible losing streak and I've been looking for somebody to teach me how to jungle. Back in S2, early ganking was what made me a *decent* jungler, but now with the changes it's not very efficient. Inbox me if anybody is available.
  • So confused by our xin this past game... the first thing he does is runs to their base and dies right about when minons have spawned... thought he was trolling. He sat attacking towers all the time, and lifestealed like crazy.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    TheironhandTushon
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm putting out the call: @Aalonz, @Cherplunka, @Myrmidon, @AgentSheep, @Winfrey

We've got 5 placement matches to play if we want to cement our team in for the new season, if Occupy Baron doesn't hammer those games out, we have a chance of losing our team if someone else picks the same name. Anyone up for the challenge?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I wish I could, but i'm stuck at the 'rents so no access to my computer. You guy's got this though.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I am also a part of this ranked group and would gladly play with the rest of you.
    Ily, I was looking at the official Occupy Baron roster, it doesn't have you. Maybe talk to Aalonz, he's group leader
    I was a member last month :S
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'd gladly fill in as a spare a well.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    I am also at the parents' house. Will be available on the 28th until the 1st or 2nd, sporadically.
  • Sorry Illriyas, I cleared the roster because we were maxed out on people and several hadn't played any ranked matches with us. We were gonna add someone else (I forget who) but didn't have a spot, so I cleared it out near the end of the season. I have no problem adding extras if people are interested. :)
    I should be back home around the 29th/30th, I'm definitely up for more ranked matches.
    Only reason I've never played ranked is because I've never been asked :(
    Someone should fill @ilriyas and @cannonfodder in on some of our ranked team comps. Or make me some new ones!
  • I would be totally interested in a ranked team...

Sounds like a lot of people want in on that 5s team...so would anyone be interested in getting a Ranked 3s team going? We just need a snappy name!

(oh, and @FreshyP, early ganks are still viable with a few champions this season, like Lee Sin and Shaco. Who are you jungling with?)
    @Myrmidon I'm all for looking into some new teamcomps as well, along with revising some of the old ones.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Who wants in?

(please forgive the 9gag)
    PreacherRahnalH102
    This is the screencap from our game 2 minutes ago and all I can say is holy crap.

The game was so freaking close the entire time for awhile it was neck and neck they had the pushing advantage, we had team fights and they wisely stayed out of those.

At 60 minutes we had no turrets and we had been aced twice, no idea why they didn't finish it but we managed to hold until our inhibs popped up again, Draven attempted a dive and we knocked him back to start, forced a teamfight and won the whole damned thing while the enemy had 60+ minions on our last nexus tower.

The best game I've played in months I'd love to see what that other team could do if the Draven didn't make so many suicide pushes
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

I'd love to see what that other team could do if the Draven didn't make so many suicide pushes

Pushed our shit in.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Bobby, I am not up for that drinking game. I'll play 3 man though.
    UPSLynx
  • Woo 42 assists!

You're on!

• UPSLynx said:

You're on!

Upgrade!
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian

@Ilriyas
    This is what AP Master Yi looks like.
    UPSLynx
    We have met the jukemaster general.

This is my new favorite LoL video. HUGE Play.

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    Lol the youtube comments

"HotshotGG, is that you?"
    "SOMEONE GET TPA ON THE PHONE... they need this man."
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Two posts for me tonight:

I like the graphs section of the after match stats. Where else would you find out stuff like how my Bro beat me in Dmg by ONE POINT! (I was Voli and my Bro was Hiemerdinger.)

Second, a friend invited me to a normal game, I put up my normal "I'm worthless" bit but managed to join anyway.
    I ended up being our teams jungler as Skarner. This would be my first time jungling in a PvP match. Things started out meh for me but I went with it. After some good fighting the enemy team managed to start knocking down our Nexus towers while most of my team was dead, including me. At first I was thinking "Aww it's over." I glanced at the minimap and saw our Riven over at the enemy's Nexus. A camera zoom over, and she has it at half health with her ult swinging away large chunks of it's health.
    And this Riven was saying she was worthless.

So for my first normal PvP match in a long time, and my first time jungling, things went great.

Ramblings inside. If you want to listen to my troublesome mind read on.

After just that one match I was able to analyze myself very well. I was plenty map aware. I saw the incoming ganks before they were ganks. My warding could have been better nonetheless, but it wasn't non-existent or sloppy. I knew when it was time to run away and my death count shows it. I made decent timings of attacks, sacrifices, pushing, and counter jungling. Also a lot of advanced tactics I was anticipating never happened.

So I can conclude that I know the basics of it all well enough that I am at least fairly competent for where I am at despite only having ~20 PvP matches participated compared to my ~750 AI matches, and that I need to stop reading the posts that much higher ranked players make on the LoL forums and other sites, as they just makes me worry needlessly for my matches. I'm OK with losing. I knew this for a long time as plenty of other games I've had truly crushing defeats. My personality is the problem as, for certain reason, I worry over details and what others think when I'm on a small team that I may not know or even do know.
    UPSLynx
    edited January 2013

QuadyTheTurnipUPSLynx