The AMD Press Conference at CES 2013

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited January 2013 in Science & Tech

Comments

• Would love to know when they're going to actually release the HD8k's in a flavor gamers can actually use, instead of exclusively for garbage desktops.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Is the Z60 Tablet RT or Pro?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Pro. Windows RT is ARM only.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Ahh right. I actually knew that. I supposed if I had just thought for a bit before responding, heh.

Are there any pricing ideas yet?

Wife's laptop is due for replacement, and I think the portability of a Pro tablet + keyboard would be just what she needs.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    RootWyrm said:

Would love to know when they're going to actually release the HD8k's in a flavor gamers can actually use, instead of exclusively for garbage desktops.

For clarification, the GPUs announced are for notebooks. There have been no announcements regarding a desktop part.
  • mertesn said:

RootWyrm said:

Would love to know when they're going to actually release the HD8k's in a flavor gamers can actually use, instead of exclusively for garbage desktops.

For clarification, the GPUs announced are for notebooks. There have been no announcements regarding a desktop part.
    A rebuttal in 7 PDFs, good sir. These are the GCN parts I speak of.
    Each PDF is flagged up as "[OEM ONLY]".
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    They're rebrands of HD 7000 performed at the request of our customers. No hardware or diver changes.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6570/amds-annual-gpu-rebadge-radeon-hd-8000-series-for-oems