TF2/Mumble Server Fund Raiser #Hats & Games & Badges!

2»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    I have wh40k and titan quest keys to donate. (and i just threw some $ to the server fund for all the vent/tf2 usage i've done)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    FYI: The TF2 and vent server have enough money in the account to run for an entire year.(unless my math is horrible)
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    _k_ said:

FYI: The TF2 and vent server have enough money in the account to run for an entire year.(unless my math is horrible)

I double checked because I'm bored and it looks like it's paid for 13 months if that was the monthly price I saw.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Pitched in, seen as how I'm playing again.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    So it seems like our server(s) is(are) funded for a while. Is there any way we could get replay enabled on the server (afaik this costs money because more server load)?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    There are a couple of downsides with replay; one, we need to upgrade to a 32-slot server, which is $10/month; two, it comes with a performance cost. The last time we did anything performance related, we had all kinds of complaints about lag and whatnot. It became such a rising tide of complaints and bitching that I axed it and went back to the normal server.

I'm certainly willing to try, but if and only if someone steps up to offer a reason to use it: will someone take ownership of a capture, editing, and video publishing project that will make it worth the PITA factor?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    So like a LoEI video series? Detailing our awesome exploits in Valve's world of color coded mercenaries? Where every perfect killshot, epic airblast, nail biting final capture, and clutch final hold is recorded in perfect detail? I could get behind that.

I would be happy to put for this, I have no video editing skillz, but I could help with capturing the replays and of course put more money towards the server <3
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    If it's gonna lag the server, I'm not interested.