Skylanders: achievement whores meet collector freaks

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian
edited February 2013 in Gaming

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Just as i was gonna edit something on it, i realize it's already posted... oh well.

for those of you who wants to know more or if you did a TL;DR, here's the video in my series "Reviews on the Rocks", also for Icrontic!
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    WOW, that is a crap ton of figures!
    oni_dels
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    I've been pleasantly surprised by Skylanders. My niece and nephew brought it to my attention, and I've played quite a bit of the game with them. I now own the game for the 360, as well as a small collection of my own characters to play. The fact the character's level and other data is stored in a chip in the figurine itself (so no memory cards) is a godsend for kids.

While the variety of playable characters and collectablitiy of the figurines is neat, I was more surprised by the quality of the story characters. In particular, the villain and his right-hand goblin henchman is quite the riot. And the guy who voices Joe Swanson, the paraplegic cop in Family Guy, also voices the aviator in the game -- and does it well.
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Bandrik said:

And the guy who voices Joe Swanson, the paraplegic cop in Family Guy, also voices the aviator in the game -- and does it well.

my gf once yelled from the bathroom "oh family guy is on?" and run in the living room and got slightly disapointed...