The Comprehensive IC Raiders Thread

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited May 2011 in Gaming
Q: What do I need in order to raid?
A: Min avg ilevel 341.
All gear must be properly Gemmed, Enchanted and Reforged.

Q: What is our raid schedule?
A: Raid is currently scheduled to be every Sunday from 7pm-12am EST.
In order to guarantee an invite, raiders must be on 15 minutes prior to raid start unless they have otherwise conversed with an officer.

Q: What is this I hear about 6pm as a start time?
A: Depending on content and availability we may move it to 6pm-12am EST but that is not a for sure thing.

Q: When will we start raiding?
A: We have at least two more weeks of gearing and will start actual raids within about 3 weeks. The exact date will be largely variable on how much work individuals are putting in to be properly geared.

Q: What specs are everyone?
A: The poll will give us a "final answer" so to speak on what role everyone has decided on, just click on "view voters" in order to ascertain who is in what role.

Q: What other expectations do we have?
A: We have 3 expectations:
#1: Meet the gear requirements
#2: It's going to be rough, stay positive and show up and we will down content.
#3: Read up on fights ahead of time.
You do these things, we will get purps and have a damn good time doing so.

Ask a question, get an answer.

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Huh, hydrar, didn't think you wanted to heal MS
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited February 2011
    Huh, hydrar, didn't think you wanted to heal MS

Scott is nice enough to be a healer as we need him to be. Seeing that most fights will likely require 3 healers and we could eventually move to a dual 10-man setup this is a necessity.
    edited February 2011
    But people haven't even voted yet :)
    edited February 2011
    But people haven't even voted yet :)

As I have told several people now; to assume I don't know what is going to be voted is rather silly. We've been preparing for months now and I've been trying to keep a fairly up to date idea of exactly what roles are being played. This vote is to make sure I am correct (aka have everyone make their final decision) and to let everyone else know what is going on.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Hey,

Could everyone please leave a comment of what your average item level is in the spec you voted for.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    As we need 3 healers for many fights (and I can only think of 2 healers other than me who will be geared to do it in 2-3 weeks), I decided to go heals. I would be just as happy going moonkin, but once my spec is determined, I'm sticking with it until T12 content.

Plus... we have 4 tanks once Rory & Anne vote... having me go as a healer supports the idea of two 10-mans (we're obviously going to have to recruit more healers if that occurs).

My iLvl is 352 now, but will be higher once I buy T11 stuffs with Valor Points... been holding back since I do not want to waste weeks-worth of random heroics on the wrong set of T11. I am still holding off my purchases until we finalize the group(s).
    edited February 2011
    I would like to give Halfus Wyrmbreaker and Valiona & Theralion or CoW
    a shot on Sunday provided we have enough 340+ iLvl People for a 10 man, which I think we will.
    edited February 2011
    Agreed on giving Halfus and V&T a shot Sunday. Want to re-emphasize that 341 iLvl without gems/enchants is not the same.

We'll know after a few attempts if we have the DPS for that fight or not... no point in continuous wiping... but I do see benefit to getting some initial benchmark on where we are, gear-wise. Also, always a chance at 359s from the trash in there.
    edited February 2011
    Yes, pls pls pls read up on your class stats. If you are over or under any particular cap, please reforge/gem to get as close to necessary caps (hit being priority, dont be under your hit cap) as you can.

If you aren't sure or cannot find the info you need ask for help. Spence or I would be happy to help you find that information and help you out.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Sitting at 340 equipped ilvl right now. Mostly gemmed/enchanted. WTB cloth wrists + wand :(
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    It just occurred to me that you're going to be raiding for 5 hours straight. Even when I hit 85, I can't commit to that. Good lucks guys!
    edited February 2011
    So thus far, people known to be gearedish for Sunday raid.

Tanks
    Maces
    Rag
    Myrmidan
    Byrnwolf

DPS
    Spence r*
    Magic r*
    Jimmy r*
    Thraxbert m*
    Prag r*

Heals
    Hydrar
    Moxee

Please, will update as folks post.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    my average ilvl is 347 equipped. Still need enchants on a lot of gear, will have by sunday.

Also, I have some experience tanking halfus.
  • steadyfluxsteadyflux Maryland Member
    edited February 2011
    I have 341 right now, but havent completely enchanted everything .... my gear turnover rate is kind of fast now ... so i have put on some lesser enchants on cloak and chest, etc .... my only 359 piece as of today is my belt, which is buckled and gemmed.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    338 iLvl, and I won't be enchanting non-heroic items I intend to replace in the next 7 days. My DPS is fine anyhow.
    edited February 2011
    Keep in mind that when I say properly enchanted I mean the most optimal enchant that does not require a Maelstrom Crystal.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ilevel 348 enchanted and gemmed, JC tank gems coming once I have enough dailies to get the recipes

Byrnwolf's Armory
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    342 ilvl right now, just shy a couple enchants hear and there. Should be quite ready by first get together.

Oh yeah, teh gearz
    edited February 2011
    As I have told several people now; to assume I don't know what is going to be voted is rather silly. We've been preparing for months now and I've been trying to keep a fairly up to date idea of exactly what roles are being played. This vote is to make sure I am correct (aka have everyone make their final decision) and to let everyone else know what is going on.

Please note the smiley face :)

Also, I'm at 337 right now according to player score.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    340 ilevel. Need to reforge some stuff and get some enchants. I'll take care of most of that tonight.
    edited February 2011
    Q: What do I need in order to raid?
    A: Min avg ilevel 341.
    All gear must be properly Gemmed, Enchanted and Reforged.

I'm at 340 right now, and I don't have shoulder/ head enchants or a belt buckle.

I can fix the last one, not sure about the other two.

Any thoughts on this for today?
    edited February 2011
    I'm at 340 right now, and I don't have shoulder/ head enchants or a belt buckle.

I can fix the last one, not sure about the other two.

Any thoughts on this for today?

You are honored with Therazane... can get the cheaper enchants for shoulders.
    edited February 2011
    Done.
    edited February 2011
    Q: Will it benefit me to have an offspec?
    A: Yes. On nights where we need a very specific composition having an offspec will be very beneficial and could get you in when you would otherwise need to sit.

Q: What should I do if I am not going to be able to attend?
    A: Post on the forums in advance. It is common courtesy and allows us to plan our evening more effectively.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    Oh Spencer, I miss theorycrafting with you :(