1.5 Discussion

AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut?Meechigan Icrontian
edited March 2013 in Minecraft
1.5 came out today, bringing with it a whole list of changes/improvements. I won't list them here, because holy crap that's a lot of changes. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history#1.5

Something I did notice when I was goofing around in a creative world. If difficulty is on "hard", skeletons (I'm assuming zombies probably will too) randomly spawn wearing armor and/or carrying enchanted weapons.

I spawned about 100 skeletons from eggs and got one wearing full gold armor with an enchanted bow (it didn't drop, so I don't know what the enchantment was), and one with leather armor. Neither went up in flames when the sun came up.

I'm looking forward to the redstone blocks once the server gets updated. I'll be able to consolidate almost an entire chest of redstone down to almost nothing.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    As long as creepers are not armored......

This update is kind of overwhelming. I don't even know the basics of redstone now, there's a TON of new functions. I really need someone to show me how that crap works.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I was poking around with the comparator at lunch today. It's ok straightforward, but not terribly so.

The daylight sensor is sex, we need to have a nether exploration mission VERY soon after the update so we can get a quartz stockpile.

The item-sensitive pressure plates, hoppers, and comparators (a comparator next to a chest will indicate how full it is) will be REALLY handy, too. I'll be needing to update my skele crusher once that is available.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    The server has been updated to bukkit 1.5.1-R0.1. This is a BETA build. If you notice any big issues, let me know so I can look into them (and possibly roll back to the 1.4 stable build).
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    spent an hour or so getting some quartz block (almost died many times and discovered another fortress near UPS Land) but the UPS sign on the UPS grinder is now automatic when it is night time !!!!! The hoppers are amazing and i think everyone will love their uses very much so. So much potential with the entire redstone update. Thanks @ardichoke for updating you made my day last night!