Nintendo turns the 3DS to focus on classic franchises

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited April 2013 in Gaming

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I am absolutely shocked at this move by Nintendo.
    - No One Ever.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Personally I could live with it if all Nintendo did for the next three years was port all their old games up to the 3DS. I hate having to swap my Nintendo and Super Nintendo out to play some of my favorite games.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Nintendo used 'Nostalgia' Attack! It's super effective!
  • I'm disappointed with the virtual console support and pricing on the Wii U so far.

Eight games. WOW! Is it that difficult to port 8 and 16 bit titles that worked fine on the Wii? Apparently?

The ability to play some F Zero on the tablet screen while someone else watches TV is pretty sweet. I don't knock it, but Super Nintendo ports are still $8 a pop? In a competitive environment where you can play some pretty decent tablet and phone games for free, or $1.99 on the high end, I'm not sure Nintendo is priced competitively. What I'd love to see is an all you can eat buffet of Nintendo Virtual console goodies. I'd pay $10 or so a month for a service like that.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    The cost could easily be justified if the purchase was "buy once, play anywhere". I'm glad they're "letting" people import their VC purchases from the Wii to the Wii U, but for the prices they're commanding, a single purchase should work across all currently supported consoles.

I'm not so sure a subscription service would work out in my favor...I just don't play enough to justify a continual cost like that. Not saying it isn't a valid route though.
  • There is a cost of $1.00 to import a title you own from the Wii for play on the Wii U pad.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Without paying that fee those games can still be transferred, just without the ability to play on the pad, right?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2013
    Yes Sir, you can play them with the old Wii controls on the Wii menu free of charge. To move it to the Wii U menu and play with the new pad, it's a $1.00 fee for any NES game and $1.50 for any SNES game you owned previously.