Expo 2013 Tigers Game

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
So who would be in for the 2nd Annual outing to a Tigers game? The Tigers play the Angels on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:05 and Thursday at 1:05 the week of EPIC.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Thursday isn't an option. You'd missing the opening, first event, and food tour. :-/

//edit: I'm of 2 minds about this. Personally, I'd rather go Tuesday because it would be more relaxing and I kinda wanted to schedule a wider-group activity for Wednesday after setup. But, we'd probably only have like 6 people tops.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Well it would definitely be easier to get tickets if there were less than 10 people, but I don't care either way.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Went last year and it was fun. Unable to go this year though as I will not be landing until late Wednesday.

-Digi
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Not completely sure what day I'm arriving yet. In if I'm there.
    So I will be arriving Tuesday night so Wednesday night would be great if anyone else is interested.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I am arriving Tuesday afternoon, so Wednesday night would be awesome. Even though it not real baseball.
    JBoogaloo
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Based upon the number of Californicrontians present for last year's Expo Tigers game, I think it would be a tossup as to which team we'd root for this year.
    GHoosdum said:

Based upon the number of Californicrontians present for last year's Expo Tigers game, I think it would be a tossup as to which team we'd root for this year.

Not if you're sitting with me it ain't. :p
    GHoosdum

Even though it not real baseball.

I concur, but that's all we have to work with in Detroit, so what can you do?
    CrazyJoe said:

Even though it not real baseball.

I concur, but that's all we have to work with in Detroit, so what can you do?
    Eat hot dogs and drink beer.
    GHoosdum
    So it's getting closer. Any more definite ins/outs?
    How much is this going to cost? Big factor for me, unfortunately.
    Well last year we got tickets that were around $35 each. The lowest tickets in the Stadium are around $10-$15 though. I'm on a pretty tight budget too so I'd be OK with going for the cheaper tickets as well this year. That leaves more beer money anyways.
    I think I'm out. Moving Expo venues means I can't be quite as laissez-faire on the setup this year.
    edited May 2013
    Lincoln said:

I think I'm out. Moving Being the Expo venue means I can't be quite as laissez-faire on the setup this year.

Fixed

Also, in.
    In for cheap seats, really just want to see an MLB game (its been over a decade) with a great group of people; where I sit watching teams I don't care about does not matter.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2013

In for cheap seats, really just want to see an MLB game (its been over a decade) with a great group of people; where I sit watching teams I don't care about does not matter.

If this is the general consensus, a sports bar would be a cheaper (more comfortable) alternative all around.

Edit: That would also open up for myself and possibly others to join you who can not make it at the beginning of the game. Just a thought, please do not change the plans just for me.

-Digi
    While I wouldn't care who is playing or where I sit, I absolutely want to go watch the game at the Stadium. Anything else just does not compare. Although cheap seats would definitely make it easier for people who might be late to justify coming. Its easier to miss part of the game if the ticket was only $10 rather than the $35-$40 it was last year.
    So far its just me, Pigflipper and mertesn. Anyone else going to make it? Obviously only 3 people makes tickets easier, but the more the merrier. Looks like I can get up to 16 tickets in section 211 Row 8 for $15+ fees. We sat in the first row of seats in that section last year and paid a little over $35. These seats should be about $20 after fees. The face value of tickets in this section is $20 + associated Ticket Master fees so we'd actually be getting them at a bit of a discount. I would actually like to order the tickets fairly soon so I'll set a deadline of Friday for saying yea/nay officially. The cheapest seats in the stadium are still only $4 or $5 less. Oh how I miss the $5 tickets at Great American Ballpark.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Live baseball has no appeal to me if I can't drink the entire time :-/
    edited May 2013
    Bah. Baseball is awesome no matter what.
    JBoogaloo
    So I bought three tickets for mertesen, Pigflipper and myself. Our tickets are in the upper deck, but right behind home plate and they were $16.30 each. The seller had the entire row so if anyone else would like to go let me know and I can see about getting more tickets at that same price.
  • CrazyJoe said:

So I bought three tickets for mertesen, Pigflipper and myself. Our tickets are in the upper deck, but right behind home plate and they were $16.30 each. The seller had the entire row so if anyone else would like to go let me know and I can see about getting more tickets at that same price.

Is this for the Wednesday game? If so, can you see if there's still another ticket available?
    Sorry, due to the Expo schedule we got tickets for Tuesday night.
    Just found out Pigflipper isn't going to make it so we have an open ticket if someone who will be around on Tuesday wants to go.