Neverwinter Foundry

d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
So I figured I would make a new thread to talk specifically about a group Foundry quest. As I mentioned in the other one I started working on one the other day with a rough story based on a wizard getting sick, and you have to cure him by going inside his body and pacifying the elementals that are being created by an virus he contracted by a recent trip to the elemental planes.

I only spent about 30 minutes on it, 20 minutes of which was just familiarizing myself with the Foundry tools. I think I have a decent enough understanding of how it works to cover that part if someone want to help me write a story and dialogue, then maybe some other testers as well. I am not sure if I can share work on the foundry as a group effort, but if I can I will open it up to some other people as well.

So far all I have created is that you leave the Protector's Enclave and head towards the Wizard's Tower. You arrive there and are greeted by an Apprentice who warns you that a bunch of strange elementals have started appearing in and around the tower, and he needs your help to go find the ArchMagus who would probably know more about the cause of the events.

As you walk up to the tower, which is only 30-40 seconds away you get into one or two fights that just kind of spawn on top of you (if I can figure out how to do that) to simulate them being spontaneously spawned. You eventually get into the tower and you see a bunch of dead people and elementals of different types just kind of wandering the halls. As you get to the top of the tower you see the ArchMagus sleep in a bed with his second-in-command keeping watch. You talk to that guy, he tells you the problem is the virus, and offers to shrink you and send you inside the ArchMagus to battle with the elements and neutralize the virus. He would do it himself, but then he would have no way out.
As you fight your way through the ArchMagus, which will most likely have to have some sort of story explaining why the inside of the ArchMagus isn't bodily, you battle a bunch of Elementals four or five groups of however many elementals I can find available, you reach the Virus which is actually another Mage that accidently got stuck inside there and this was his only way to call for help. Maybe something here where you can save him or kill him for some reason to be determined.

I only have a few minutes of work put into this, so if people that want to help have a better idea, I have no problem scraping this and doing something else.

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    It's a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure what all can be done with the tool, but I'm a huge fan of conversation options that affect the dialogue and outcome down the line. I'm not great at working by myself on stuff (it tends to just not get done), but if we can sit and collaborate on it I'm not a horribad writer. This week is kinda crap for time, but hit me up sometime next week.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Can do