Hello (virus problems!)

edited May 2013 in Science & Tech
Hello I joined to get some virus removal help. :)

Comments

• I was not able to post in that forum... is there some waiting period to get permission to start a thread? Thanks
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    hi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    i'm moving this thread to the software forum, please reply to this post with what issues you are having and what you have tried to fix them!

<3
    vulcansage
  • Looks like perhaps the spyware forum is closed?
  • thanks
  • I am helping a friend deal with his infected computer. I used this forum in the past with the help of Katana, I cleaned my laptop and implemented Malwarebytes and Winpatrol... and have had no serious problems since. :)

My friend's computer giving the BSOD and restarting. I was able to start in safe mode, yet no mouse will work. I was able to tab through and am running McAfee antivirus scan 17 infected objects were found and I am awaiting it's conclusion. Please point me to the correct diagnostic tools so that I can provide you with the information you need to help me clean up and secure my friends computer. I will follow your instructions to the T.

Thank you
    Vulcansage
  • Thank you shwaip for moving my post.. as I looked around the net I found a good forum on Bleeping Computer and I am going to seek their help. Thank you . You can close this or delete this thread. I really appreciate your help.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    http://icrontic.com/discussion/94821/blog-virus-help

Has a good set of stuff I put together a while back that's still valid, though if you're already working with people on Bleeping Computer, you should follow their instructions.