I got this box from LEGO

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
So, LEGO sent me this box:
imageimage

I asked my contact over at LEGO about the box, and he says that it's related to the new LEGO Star Wars television show, and to the "world’s largest model", which will be unveiled soon in New York. (He also mentioned a mobile video game, but had no information about it for me yet).

I'll do a proper write up of this stuff when I know more (and when I've got this model together). :D
AlexDeGruvenBobbyDigiJokkeBuddyJmertesnCliff_ForsterCreeperbane2JBoogaloocolaUPSLynxZanthianWagsFTW

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If there is not an actual Yoda in that box demand your money back.
    Creeperbane2
  • I'm actually having a jealous fit right now! Do you know how undignified that is! WAHHHHH!!!! :bawl:
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    /rage
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    No need to rage, I'll keep you supplied with updates. :D

I finished the first part of the model (it's in three seperate bags). Not sure what it'll be when it's finished. Looks like some kind of escape pod?

JBoogaloo
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    CB said:

No need to rage, I'll keep you supplied with updates. :D

I finished the first part of the model (it's in three seperate bags). Not sure what it'll be when it's finished. Looks like some kind of escape pod?

Looks like the holodeck to me.
    midga
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Or a throne or other manner of seating arrangement. Agree with a potential communications function as well.
    The second part is similar to the first part. I have a feeling I know what the third part will be.

I don't know who this girl is, however. She's as short as yoda, has long dark hair tied into a braid, and is wearing jedi robes (specifically, it's young Obi-wan's robe, complete with over-the-shoulder small-braid).

Also, while I still don't have specifics, I've learned that the unveiling of the hugantic model will be tomorrow morning at 11am in Times Square. I wont be able to make it, but if anyone can, take some photos. :D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    JBoogaloo
    edited May 2013
    All Lego figures are the same height, aren't they? I don't know if "the same height as Yoda" would necessarily imply they're the same in the non-Lego world as well.

Going out on a limb to say Satele Shan or a similar early-lore character.

Not everyone is the same height. All torsos are the same size(not counting 'friends' and 'duplo' sets, which are a different scale), but there are now two leg lengths. The regular legacy-style articulated legs, which are about the same height as the torso are still used for most characters, but dwarves, hobbits, Yodas, etc, get these non-articulated stubby legs which are about half the normal leg height. Yoda and this jedi girl have the same stubby leg size.
    For comparison, here's the unidentified minifig standing beside the Scarlet Johansson minifig from the Avengers set.image
  • Weekend project.... Finally build Lego X Wing with Zoe. We have had one in the box since Christmas
    CBJBoogalooBobbyDigi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Hehe, Scarlet Johansson has two buttholes.
    Snarkasm said:

All Lego figures are the same height, aren't they? I don't know if "the same height as Yoda" would necessarily imply they're the same in the non-Lego world as well.

Going out on a limb to say Satele Shan or a similar early-lore character.

Putting Yoda in with a character from like 4000 years earlier seems a bit of a stretch...
    Dude's old, don't hate.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    He's 900 in Jedi. Unless her race is ridiculously long-lived, it would be a pretty anachronistic pairing.
    Still no more details about the model or what it means (beyond promoting the new show), but the big reveal in NY was a 1:1 scale X-wing:

mertesnChoochJBoogalooLazarusXero
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    http://mashable.com/2013/05/23/lego-x-wing/

Full story on this. "The huge structure is comprised of 5,335,200 individual LEGO bricks. At 11 feet tall, 43 feet long and 44 feet wide, it weighs almost 46,000 pounds (that's including the steel infrastructure designed to hold the pieces in place.) It's a one-to-one replica of the traditional X-Wing retail model, only 42 times larger."

..."Visitors in Times Square will get a chance to climb into its cockpit, too — which, again, the ship is made to withstand."

Man I really want to check this out and sit in it.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I may head to NY for the day JUST to see this and get in it. Anyone interested?
    Finished the model. The last bit mirrored the second bit, as expected, but there is a neat little droid rather than a third minifig.

PirateNinjamidga
    I love that your light reflections look sorta like celestial bodies.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Aside from the awesome toy, the next best thing about this Lego movie, Billy Dee Williams voices "Lindo".