Expo 2013 Travel Plans

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited May 2013 in Community
I'm driving up again this year...the bottle count exceeds anything the airlines would want to transport.

The plan is to depart the OKC area Saturday (June 22), stop and visit family in the Columbus area, and arrive to ICHQ on Monday or Tuesday.
We'll depart on Sunday (June 30) and get home on Monday.

@DeathJester is planning to ride with me@Gargoyle is probably getting picked up in Ohio, so the vehicle is full. Of beer. And computers.

West Coast discussion going on here.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    American 1156 DALLAS FT WORTH WED 26JUN 8:55 PM >>> DETROIT METRO WED 26JUN 12:30 AM
    American 1139 DETROIT METRO SUN 30JUN 5:05 PM >>> DALLAS FT WORTH SUN 30JUN 7:05 PM

At least, assuming no unannounced flight changes.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'll be driving up again. Can't fit Giant Catan on a plane, anyway.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    I'll be driving in Wednesday in the afternoon after class and I'll be leaving Sunday after breakfast.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    mertesn said:

@DeathJester is planning to ride with me, so the vehicle is full. Of beer. And computers.

Let me know if it turns out there is a seat free after all. I'd bum a ride since you're coming through town.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Gargoyle said:

mertesn said:

@DeathJester is planning to ride with me, so the vehicle is full. Of beer. And computers.

Let me know if it turns out there is a seat free after all. I'd bum a ride since you're coming through town.

Only way it'll happen is if he drops out. The back seats will be down, so there won't be room for any more than two in the vehicle.
    mertesn said:

Gargoyle said:

mertesn said:

Only way it'll happen is if he drops out. The back seats will be down, so there won't be room for any more than two in the vehicle.
    Strap him to the top, MittRomney-style
    Bump for anyone else who isn't ICWESTCOAST since those elitists make their own threads.
    JBoogalooGHoosdum
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    One more paycheck (this Friday hopefully) and I'll be able to solidify my plans.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Monday June 24
    Depart ORLANDO INTL (MCO) on AirTran at 8:57 PM
    Arrive in DETROIT METRO MI (DTW) at 11:29 PM

Sunday June 30
    Depart DETROIT METRO MI (DTW) on AirTran at 2:37 PM
    Arrive in ORLANDO INTL (MCO) at 5:05 PM
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Departure
    Delta 1406
    Depart LAX 10:55pm Tue 06/25/2013
    Arrive DTW 6:23am 06/26/13

Return
    Delta 1253
    Depart DTW 2:00pm 06/30/13
    Arrive LAX 3:47pm 06/30/13

I will need to find a ride from DTW around 6:30 AM Wed and back on Sunday for a 2PM flight.

I waited way to long to buy my tickets so it is not the ideal schedule but it gets me there. :D

-Digi
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Orlando, FL , US (MCO)

To:
    Detroit Wayne, MI , US (DTW) Depart:
    Tue, Jun 25, 2013
    11:20 am - 01:55 pm (Nonstop)

Return:
    Sun, Jun 30, 2013
    02:37 pm - 05:05 pm (Nonstop)

@CrazyJoe we are on the same return flight
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@CrazyJoe we are on the same return flight

On different days ;)

JBoogaloo
    edited May 2013
    In an effort to minimize trips to the airport for the Icrontic Taxi Service I have switched my flight to Sunday as well. It was actually $11 cheaper anyways.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    The Icrontic Taxi Service sends its love.
    :-) Is ICHQ 2.0 closer or farther away from DTW than ICHQ 1.0 was?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    MUCH closer
    Half the distance. ICHQ > DTW = 15 minutes.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Wednesday 26:
    Southwest #241 (after flight change/layover)
    Depart ABQ 8:45am
    Arrive DTW 4:50pm

Sunday 30:
    Southwest #238 (later transfers at Baltimore. Get to visit family :D )
    Depart DTW 1:10pm
    Arrive ABQ 7:55pm

Tried to get similar departure times as others but 1:10 was the closest available.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Driving from VA straight trough. Leaving sometime early morning on the 25th and driving back Sunday afternoon. I would estimate an arrival time but traffic...
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

I'll be driving in Wednesday in the afternoon after class and I'll be leaving Sunday after breakfast.

Not anymore. No summer classes for us. We'll be arriving Tuesday hopefully early enough for @blackhawk to help you guys set up. Staying until after teardown Sunday.

primesuspectpigflipperThraxGnomeQueen
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'll be in Wednesday night. These hands will be available for building, wrecking, cleaning, painting, and any other necessary activity. Please PM me if I'm needed.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Thinking of driving up the weekend beforehand if that's ok.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Looks like I'll be driving in on Tuesday... And leaving on sunday. All by myself unless someone between Chicago and Detroit wants to carpool. I have room...
    Yes to all of the above.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    QCH said:

Looks like I'll be driving in on Tuesday... And leaving on sunday. All by myself unless someone between Chicago and Detroit wants to carpool. I have room...

Change your plans to Saturday and we'll talk ;)
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    Looks like I have my exam from 9-11am, and a recruiting speaker for who knows how long.... either way, should be leaving around noon from Grand Rapids, arriving around 3 :D
    Tushon
    edited May 2013
    It is time yet?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Plan on driving in with @CannonFodder, @TiberiusLazerus, @ other people too I'm sure.
    primesuspect
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    The @teramona and I are arriving on June 25th at 6:55 PM via flight DL 1706 (Delta air) at DTW. We will be flying out on July 3rd at 9:50 PM via flight DL 1519 (Delta Air) from DTW.

Also, I skipped the west coast discussion thread because bad. :/